Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-14-2015, 06:43 AM   #71
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Wow, I'm very impressed and pleasantly surprised with the weight!!!! Only thing that I find kind of disappointing is the braking. I'm assuming that's the braking distance with the 4 piston calipers up front. I would imagine the 6 pistons would brake much better. I was expecting a bit more out of the lateral grip as well, but .97 is nothing to sneeze at. I'm sure with a set of Michelin Pilot Sports that the ATS-V comes equipped with, as well as 6 piston brakes, the performance would match the ATS-V (1.03 G's lateral grip and 100 ft 60-0 braking distances)
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:46 AM   #72
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Nice!!
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:50 AM   #73
Blackdevil77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
Please take that gun off ThePill's hands ...
I wanna see what he has to say now that this information was released. I bet he'll claim GM is lying, let's wait until we can get one to hit the scales. Then he'll say the scale is broken.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:51 AM   #74
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Very nice. Put some tires on them and you'll see some serious improvement in braking and lateral Gs.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:51 AM   #75
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
Wow, I'm very impressed and pleasantly surprised with the weight!!!! Only thing that I find kind of disappointing is the braking. I'm assuming that's the braking distance with the 4 piston calipers up front. I would imagine the 6 pistons would brake much better. I was expecting a bit more out of the lateral grip as well, but .97 is nothing to sneeze at. I'm sure with a set of Michelin Pilot Sports that the ATS-V comes equipped with, as well as 6 piston brakes, the performance would match the ATS-V (1.03 G's lateral grip and 100 ft 60-0 braking distances)
Agreed, some better rubber and I'm sure those stopping distances will come back to what we're all expecting.

Overall, including the braking numbers, this seems like a home run across the board for GM.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:10 AM   #76
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Interesting. So adding 30 HP and dropping a little over 200 lbs means an increase of like 0.8 seconds on the 1/4? Maybe the new tranny is working miracles or something. Those numbers seem almost too good. It'll be interesting to see if the magazines can replicate this.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:19 AM   #77
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaza View Post
Been browsing the forums for quite a while now waiting for performance numbers. The auto numbers are impressive, but its still the auto. The 6-speed numbers are what I was expecting. 0-60 in 4.3 seconds for the SS. An automatic SS is wrong no matter how fast :P
Except for the Corvette Z06 most new Corvettes are automatics. That's been the case for several years. Drivers just can't shift a manual as fast as a automatic can shift. It's just the facts.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:27 AM   #78
craz8

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS black
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Interesting. So adding 30 HP and dropping a little over 200 lbs means an increase of like 0.8 seconds on the 1/4? Maybe the new tranny is working miracles or something. Those numbers seem almost too good. It'll be interesting to see if the magazines can replicate this.
Except it is more like adding 55 HP for the auto SS.
Anyway, I am happy GM delivered everything Mustang fans were hoping for and didn't get in the 2015 GT: less weight, more HP, good automatic for those who want one, etc.
craz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:28 AM   #79
EE7

Drives: New
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
I wanna see what he has to say now that this information was released. I bet he'll claim GM is lying, let's wait until we can get one to hit the scales. Then he'll say the scale is broken.
He is saying that GM is lying. That they had to release false information quickly so that the mag reviewers wouldn't put out the correct yet heavier weight first.
EE7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:37 AM   #80
Blackdevil77

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE7 View Post
He is saying that GM is lying. That they had to release false information quickly so that the mag reviewers wouldn't put out the correct yet heavier weight first.
Wow, wtf is this guy on??
Old 09-14-2015, 07:38 AM   #81
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Aren't the performance/weight figures a little late actually? I thought we were supposed to get these last month some time.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:40 AM   #82
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
The genuine car guys over there are giving GM the credit they deserve..this news I think will show who the fanboy is and who the gear head is.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:47 AM   #83
EE7

Drives: New
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The genuine car guys over there are giving GM the credit they deserve..this news I think will show who the fanboy is and who the gear head is.
It is crystal clear who are fanboys. They are starting to attack other mustang owners because they gave credit to the new Camaro. Insanity.
EE7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:50 AM   #84
RenegadeSS

Drives: Camaro LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-22 View Post
Agreed. The majority don't want to mod and if you start spending $ on mods, then you have to ask when do you just buy the V6 instead.

If you have been on M6G, you'll see about 15+ EcoBoost owners have already traded in their EB for a GT (they prob would have gone V6 if it was the mid engine).

The turbo IMO is really for the person who just wants the Camaro for looks and great MPG/DD. (then again, with the AFM in the auto V6, you get even great MPG).
I beg to differ. I've experienced nothing but great reliability with the ecotec. I've owned three in my life. My first was a SS/SC cobalt with a GT30 swap putting out 458 who, in which of three years of ownership, the only mechanical issues where my slipping clutch, and snapping axles. A 2009 SS/TC Cobalt with a full HAHN upgrade, and a K04r swap running 22PSI. The issue I have with the car was a bad water pump, but that gen ecotec where known for their bad pumps. Finally I had a sky redline with full exhaust, inter cooler, and a Tampa bay turbo K04 upgrade, and a GMPP tune. The slowest one of the bunch made 388 whp which was the turbo cobalt because at that time no one had a fuel solution for the DI engines at that time. So from personal experience, I can attests to the ecotec's durability. You can go to ZZP and see what they are doing with the LTG. Really sweet motor, and can't wait for my ecotec upgrade.