#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-25-2023, 12:17 PM   #71
HemiDave

Drives: ZLE/DEMON/GLADIATOR/GSXR1000R/ZX10R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
I'd suggest you look up the definition of the word "professional". In Bill's line of work, he's by definition a professional driver. Just because he's not getting paid to race for trophies does not make him not a professional.
I think you should look up the definition for "Professional Race Driver".

Follow that up with the definition of "Rabbit Hole"

Carry on...

2018 Dodge Demon #1399
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6 speed manual
2023 ZL1 1LE 6 speed manual
2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R
2021 Kawasaki ZX10R
HemiDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 12:31 PM   #72
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiDave View Post
I think you should look up the definition for "Professional Race Driver".

Follow that up with the definition of "Rabbit Hole"

Carry on...
He's a professional in his field which just so happens to be the handling and suspension of a vehicle. Again, you're naive as Hell if you think this man can't drive a vehicle at its limits. This makes twice you've ducked my question and I don't blame you because its a debate you can't win.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 12:41 PM   #73
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
LOL! This kinda thread reminds me of the political comments "XXXXXXX LIED, PEOPLE DIED!"
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 01:01 PM   #74
HemiDave

Is my service tech a "professional driver" because he gets paid to test drive cars?

Is my congressman an accountant because he puts together budgets?

Is the school nurse a surgeon because she puts a Band-Aid on a boo boo...or maybe she is a pediatrician?

Let's ask Bugs Bunny.....

2018 Dodge Demon #1399
2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R
2021 Kawasaki ZX10R
Old 09-25-2023, 03:23 PM   #75
HemiDave

Al O had some HUGE plans for the Camaro:

The Viper ACR went out with a bang by setting lap records at 13 different tracks around the country. Are there any of the Viper’s lap times you looked at and thought you could take down with the ZL1 1LE?

Al O:"I think there are. As always, any driver will get out of the car and say there’s more in it. We think there’s more in it. We’re gonna keep tinkering around with it. Wouldn’t it be cool to see a Camaro under 7:00 at the Nurburgring? I’d like to see it."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No way GM was letting a Camaro ZLE set a sub 7 sec Ring time for the C8 Z06 to hurdle.

Can you imagine the crying (and cheering) we would be hearing if Al O got his wish?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...-this-weekend/

https://www.hagerty.com/media/archiv...ser-interview/
Attached Images

2018 Dodge Demon #1399
2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R
2021 Kawasaki ZX10R

Last edited by HemiDave; 09-25-2023 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-25-2023, 04:41 PM   #76
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenZLE View Post
LOL! This kinda thread reminds me of the political comments "XXXXXXX LIED, PEOPLE DIED!"
GM LIED, CAMARO DIED!
Everyone feel better?
Old 09-25-2023, 04:47 PM   #77
Z OH 6

Quote:
Al O had some HUGE plans for the Camaro:

The Viper ACR went out with a bang by setting lap records at 13 different tracks around the country. Are there any of the Viper’s lap times you looked at and thought you could take down with the ZL1 1LE?

Al O:"I think there are. As always, any driver will get out of the car and say there’s more in it. We think there’s more in it. We’re gonna keep tinkering around with it. Wouldn’t it be cool to see a Camaro under 7:00 at the Nurburgring? I’d like to see it."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No way GM was letting a Camaro ZLE set a sub 7 sec Ring time for the C8 Z06 to hurdle.

Can you imagine the crying (and cheering) we would be hearing if Al O got his wish?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...-this-weekend/

https://www.hagerty.com/media/archiv...ser-interview/
Coulda, shoulda, woulda..carry on.

A sub 7 second ZL1 1LE ring time? You're out of your damn mind if you think that's possible.
Old 09-25-2023, 04:51 PM   #78
Z OH 6

Quote:
Is my service tech a "professional driver" because he gets paid to test drive cars?

Is my congressman an accountant because he puts together budgets?

Is the school nurse a surgeon because she puts a Band-Aid on a boo boo...or maybe she is a pediatrician?

Let's ask Bugs Bunny.....
Does the service tech get paid to test drive cars at their limits? If so, then yes, he could fall into that category.

Your congressman isn't an accountant unless he is applying his profession and expertise directly to the budget process. However, if he's actually crunching numbers and doing ya know, accountant work, then yes you could argue he's a professional in that field.

Does the school nurse have training in surgery or perform any type of surgery in any way? If not, the answer is no.

Don't need Bugs Bunny to answer these questions although I do feel like a Looney Toon created the questions.

And last of all, you continue to dodge my question about whether an "amateur" could perform a task as well as a "professional".
Old 09-25-2023, 05:24 PM   #79
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:

A sub 7 second ZL1 1LE ring time? You're out of your damn mind if you think that's possible.
Absolutely possible with a weight reduction, stripping down the car. Absolutely possible brother. The Viper is about 500lbs lighter than the ZL1-1LE but the Camaro is waaaay easier to drive. Just 200-300lbs would be all that is needed to get the job done.
NG329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 05:35 PM   #80
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:

Probably referring to the mythical 6th gen Z28
Old 09-25-2023, 05:44 PM   #81
HemiDave

BREAKING NEWS:
I have been advised by the internet that GM Engineer Al O is “out of his damn mind”.

The update on GM engineer Bill Wise says he should have been piloting the Garage 56 Camaro at Lemans, and the people responsible for that oversight are “out of their damn minds.”

That is all for now…

2018 Dodge Demon #1399
2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R
2021 Kawasaki ZX10R

Last edited by HemiDave; 09-25-2023 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-25-2023, 07:37 PM   #82
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Seconds...

Minutes...

Who has the time?
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 07:55 PM   #83
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
Quote:
I'd suggest you look up the definition of the word "professional". In Bill's line of work, he's by definition a professional driver. Just because he's not getting paid to race for trophies does not make him not a professional. His entire career field, training and education relates to the handling and driving of vehicles. If you think that he's not spent a ridiculous amount of time behind the wheel of performance vehicles driving them at their limits, you're being very naive. For arguments sake though, if you want to still claim Bill is an amateur, my original question that you never answered still stands though, are you trying to say that its not possible for an amateur driver to drive as well as a professional?
The fact is Bill Wise does not live in Germany like many Euro car engineers/drivers who regularly are at the ring. The more familiar you are with the track, the better the time. Companies like ΒMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi live that track. GM does not. Bill wise had several runs but I would bet the euro companies have ring drivers that have more familiarity and thus more experience driving it. Give some Euro pro driver the ZL1 who drives that ring for those Euro companies for a couple of months and I bet whatever time is achieved will be close to the time GM ran, if not better. I’ll bet better.

Last edited by george; 09-25-2023 at 08:09 PM.
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 08:31 PM   #84
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by george View Post
The fact is Bill Wise does not live in Germany like many Euro car engineers/drivers who regularly are at the ring. The more familiar you are with the track, the better the time. Companies like ΒMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi live that track. GM does not. Bill wise had several runs but I would bet the euro companies have ring drivers that have more familiarity and thus more experience driving it. Give some Euro pro driver the ZL1 who drives that ring for those Euro companies for a couple of months and I bet whatever time is achieved will be close to the time GM ran, if not better. I’ll bet better.
Every NASCAR driver would have a better time
1.35/9.25/151 at 3500 ft. (only one pass)
15" conversion/MT ET Street R 325/50R15.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote