Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: What do you think of the style of the 2015 Mustang?
Really like it. 62 21.99%
Undecided, but leaning positive. 80 28.37%
Undecided, but leaning negative. 69 24.47%
Don't like it at all. 71 25.18%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #743
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by banter View Post
The front is growing on me but the rear "fastback style" just looks awful imo. I feel like the rear gets worse with every picture of it that I see.
I'm the opposite. I like the back end more every time I see it. It is very unique and unmistakable.

I love the fastback design. I believe it will do what Ford was trying for in appealing to a broader crowd of people. Of course some folks such as yourself won't be crazy about. No matter what it is you can't please everyone. They just have to please enough to make it profitable which I think they will.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #744
banter

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
No matter what it is you can't please everyone. They just have to please enough to make it profitable which I think they will.
I agree, and the car will sell like hotcakes without a doubt. That black one is quite the eye catcher.
banter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #745
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
All the guys with 4.6L Mustangs are due for new cars this will be it. Some will get slightly used 5.0's of the old Body Style too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #746
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
Basic info (via press release):

Dimensions

0.12 in (3mm) longer (Kardashian Rear Bumper)
0.51 in (13mm) wider than outgoing 2014 Mustang (s197)
1.49 in (38mm) lower roof
0.78 in
(20mm) lower seating position
Displayed for at least the 3rd time in this thread.

Longer - Wider - Lower

So how do they make it BIGGER, and substantially lighter, and price it at mid-$20s? I guess the big diet won't be so big, after all.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #747
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
All the guys with 4.6L Mustangs are due for new cars this will be it. Some will get slightly used 5.0's of the old Body Style too.

I will be getting rid of my 4.6 for a 2015 Mustang.

Even though my car still hurts a lot of newer cars feelings, it is time for an upgrade. My car is maxed as it sits and I tend to change cars every couple of years. This will be my 3rd year owning the car. Fun while it lasted.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #748
Reincarnated

Drives: American V8
So I keep hearing comment's that the new Mustang looks like pretty much every car out there. The Honda Accord is one I hear a lot so I thought I would post up this comparison of the two. As you can see they look absolutely nothing alike. In fact, there is no resemblence at all. The only thing that even remotely looks similar is the rear quarter window.

If that little window on the back is what's driving those comments than I guess the C7 looks like an Accord as well because it has the same shaped window.

As for the look's like Fusion comment's. Sure they share a few design elements in the grill and what not, but other than that, there is no mistaking the two. From your regular car enthusiast to your average joe, the S550 will easily be indentified as a Mustang.

Lastly, the comment's about the rear end are kind of confusing to me. I get that it might not be everyone's taste, but I don't see how anyone can say it's ugly... In fact, I think it's the best looking rear end on a Mustang to date, and by far the best looking rear end out of the Challenger and the Camaro. It has sort of an exotic mean look to it all the while still screaming Mustang.

Reincarnated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #749
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
I will be getting rid of my 4.6 for a 2015 Mustang.

Even though my car still hurts a lot of newer cars feelings, it is time for an upgrade. My car is maxed as it sits and I tend to change cars every couple of years. This will be my 3rd year owning the car. Fun while it lasted.

You will have tons more fun. Starting out with low to mid 400 HP is nice. A buddy of mine has an '06 GT Roush some crap or the other... I say that because I'm not sure WTF it is. Anyways the point is I can't get over how he has a Eaton M90 on it and dyno'd out just 15 or 20 HP more than my 1LE did bone stock. I say this not as a dig but more of a I can't believe how far behind those cars start out.

There is another guy around here that has a similar one with a 4L Kenne Bell that is just shy of 500 RWHP but only 450 FTLBS. The 5.0 L is WAAAY better.

I hope you do get one of the new GT's and enjoy every minute of it. Make sure to share pics.

I personally don't like the car but it's because I'm a Chevy guy that'd be like asking me to like guys or something, it's just not natural. lol

I can appreciate it though. I don't like the exaggerations and fervor of a new car introduction though.

I hated when the GT-R came out... That thing (according to the fanbois) defied Physics... lol I still hate that guppy faced turd...
Old 12-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #750
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post

I'll actually be keeping my 4.6L.

An S550 will simply join the stable.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #751
svsv

Drives: 2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.0 Turbo
this looks good
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #752
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
I'll actually be keeping my 4.6L.

An S550 will simply join the stable.
Must be nice! lol

Looking forward to seeing pictures

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #753
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
So I keep hearing comment's that the new Mustang looks like pretty much every car out there. The Honda Accord is one I hear a lot so I thought I would post up this comparison of the two. As you can see they look absolutely nothing alike. In fact, there is no resemblence at all. The only thing that even remotely looks similar is the rear quarter window.

If that little window on the back is what's driving those comments than I guess the C7 looks like an Accord as well because it has the same shaped window.

As for the look's like Fusion comment's. Sure they share a few design elements in the grill and what not, but other than that, there is no mistaking the two. From your regular car enthusiast to your average joe, the S550 will easily be indentified as a Mustang.

Lastly, the comment's about the rear end are kind of confusing to me. I get that it might not be everyone's taste, but I don't see how anyone can say it's ugly... In fact, I think it's the best looking rear end on a Mustang to date, and by far the best looking rear end out of the Challenger and the Camaro. It has sort of an exotic mean look to it all the while still screaming Mustang.

I hear ya. I think a lot of people need to get there eyes checked.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #754
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by svsv View Post
this looks good
That thing is beautiful
Old 12-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #755
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post

Uh, you said Challenger but where's the Challenger rear. I like the Challenger rear better out of the 14's and up muscle cars.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #756
Reincarnated

Drives: American V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Uh, you said Challenger but where's the Challenger rear. I like the Challenger rear better out of the 14's and up muscle cars.
Oops...My bad. Can't believe the whole time doing that post and looking at the pictures I didn't even catch that I was posting the wrong car. Lol!

For good measure though...

Reincarnated is offline   Reply With Quote