Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-15-2023, 04:03 PM   #57
Johnfin

Drives: 2018 ss
Are you guys pickin on FarmerFran to get a mustang? He already said he wanted a truck. This would go good with his straw hat.
Attached Images

Johnfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 04:25 PM   #58
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfin View Post
Are you guys pickin on FarmerFran to get a mustang? He already said he wanted a truck. This would go good with his straw hat.
Whoa, look at that amazing clearance. Ideal ride for those mountain offroad runs, Fran

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 05:47 PM   #59
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Whoa, look at that amazing clearance. Ideal ride for those mountain offroad runs, Fran
Nah, I have my Wrangler for that, it is a freaking beast off-road

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 06:55 PM   #60
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Says who?? I live in WI... my DD I'm lucky if I have to change the blades once every 2-3 years. I always buy OEM blades as well. I will change the blades when they need to be changed... (i.e. when they are no longer doing what they should)
I’ve owned lots of cars since I started driving in 1993 and 5 brand new ones since 1999. I’ve never once had a factory wiper be any good after a year. Now maybe I’m like FarmerFran and change my blades out at the very first sign of chatter, uneven cleaning, or lifting at highway speeds because I too am very OCD about my wipers. They have to operate smoothly, quietly, clean completely and evenly, and do so through 80 mph. Otherwise I’m at Autozone at my next opportunity and I change em right there in the parking lot after buying them.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 07:08 PM   #61
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
I’ve owned lots of cars since I started driving in 1993 and 5 brand new ones since 1999. I’ve never once had a factory wiper be any good after a year. Now maybe I’m like FarmerFran and change my blades out at the very first sign of chatter, uneven cleaning, or lifting at highway speeds because I too am very OCD about my wipers. They have to operate smoothly, quietly, clean completely and evenly, and do so through 80 mph. Otherwise I’m at Autozone at my next opportunity and I change em right there in the parking lot after buying them.
Yeah man,

Brakes to stop, tires to go and wipers to see

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 07-15-2023, 07:32 PM   #62
Johnfin

The arms are articulated with the points in different locations for the different types of window curvatures. That is why you can buy three different types
of arms and two of them will make noise. Its not so much the rubber durometer rating its the contact. Keep your original arms and tell your dealer (or net as I do) that you need some new rubbers. Since I live in hells kitchen I blow through rubbers.
Old 07-16-2023, 03:30 PM   #63
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
I have gone the premium route a few times and every damn time I do windshield gets whacked with a chip and the Safelite guys screw up the fill........bingo......screwed up blade. Seems if I get the cheaper Goodyear blades from Costco Safelite does better work.......go figure.
AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 06:23 PM   #64
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMike View Post
I have gone the premium route a few times and every damn time I do windshield gets whacked with a chip and the Safelite guys screw up the fill........bingo......screwed up blade. Seems if I get the cheaper Goodyear blades from Costco Safelite does better work.......go figure.
Ugh.

Old 07-16-2023, 07:23 PM   #65
olrocker

Quote:
The arms are articulated with the points in different locations for the different types of window curvatures. That is why you can buy three different types
of arms and two of them will make noise. Its not so much the rubber durometer rating its the contact. Keep your original arms and tell your dealer (or net as I do) that you need some new rubbers. Since I live in hells kitchen I blow through rubbers.
The “arms” are actually the metal brackets the blade assemblies are clipped to that are bolted into the wiper motor.

You mean the blade assemblies that you can either replace the whole assembly or the blade edge.

It’s the plastic suspension on the assembly that has articulated points which really contributes to streaking and uneven wiping after a while.

Single piece assemblies in modern aftermarket wipers, with the edge and rest of the assembly in one solid rubber molding that also has a finned aerodynamic edge, are superior wipers. They have no concentrated pressure points and distribute the downforce of the wiper arms evenly from tip to tip, and as one single rubber assembly they can sweep through any kind of window curve and contour with perfectly even and consistent force.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 07-16-2023, 07:59 PM   #66
Johnfin

Olrocker, since you like aftermarket, would you be willing
To sell me your 2024 stock arms? If you guys pitch the
Stock ones, let me know.
Old 07-16-2023, 08:02 PM   #67
olrocker

Quote:
Olrocker, since you like aftermarket, would you be willing
To sell me your 2024 stock arms? If you guys pitch the
Stock ones, let me know.
You mean the blade assemblies? Sure, whenever I get the car first
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 07-16-2023, 08:15 PM   #68
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up Johnfin- my OE's are doing fine, but I make a point of giving them a little silicone love whenever I'm applying a little "wheel black" to the sidewalls.
Now I'll think twice about what to get for replacement.
BTW- we're a verified 115 degrees here in hells furnace room. But I know about humidity too, and I'll stay here!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote