Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-10-2023, 02:00 PM   #57
MKF27

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
I'm happy everyone has been getting the vehicles they want. I decided on a 2SS 1LE M6. I love the feel of having a manual and regretted it a little when I went auto. For me the choice was about getting all the I wanted for a price that made sense. When I was building the LT1 and the SSs. I realized getting options on the LT! are expensive and was only a couple thousands away in price in what I actually ordered. I decided it was better to have no regrets and to get what I wanted. As for insurance, it only made a difference if you aren't looking at the V8 LT1 and if you're considering a different motor then the comparison just doesn't make sense. Otherwise, its not worth being part of your decision. I'm also not a fan of the front grill of any of the lower trims. I like the front of the SSs and LOVE the front end of the ZL! just don't need that kind of power. I'm already a speed demon. The auto might be 'faster' but there's just a different kind of fun with a manual.
02/23/23 - 1100

2021 Civic Type R
2018 Charger Scat Pack
2017 Civic Type R
MKF27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 02:09 PM   #58
Odabo

Drives: Chevrolet Blazer
I'm with you MKF27. This is my first Camaro so I wanted to get all the car my budget and driving skills could handle. Someday I hope to track the car, maybe 1 or 2 times per year. I'm really glad I got the 2SS 1LE. Besides looking really cool it is so much fun to drive. But at the end of the day, people should buy the vehicle that best suits their situation. There is no one size fits all IMO.
Old 03-10-2023, 09:15 PM   #59
Carzzy

Drives: '24 Camaro 2SS Conv. & '21Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Top speed on Zl1 convertible limited to 155…. 195 on ZL1 Cpe.

I’m not certain who really needs or wants to go 149 miles an hour (or faster) on the street. But, I don’t think I’d want to share the road with them…
Top Speed on SS Convertible is 155...All road tests and reviews on the ZL1 Convertible show 195, 198 on ZL1 Coupe.

True though, none of these top speeds are for the street.
Old 03-10-2023, 09:32 PM   #60
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzzy View Post
Top Speed on SS Convertible is 155...All road tests and reviews on the ZL1 Convertible show 195, 198 on ZL1 Coupe.

True though, none of these top speeds are for the street.
Unfortunately, those reviews are wrong… I owned a Zl1 convertible and was as surprised as you at the limiter. However, it does make sense.. open the windows at 70MPH with the top up and there’s a good amount of movement in top, especially the rear window area. If anyone knows the ZL1 convertible, its GUNK… see thread below.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...dash%20message.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote