Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-04-2020, 09:21 AM   #57
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Oh, great....so NOW you tell me...
LOL... Nice group picture!!

I know some of the road courses don't allow verts unless it has a roll cage installed. Have you run across that issue in your area?

Again thanks for sharing the pics

Old 02-04-2020, 09:25 AM   #58
gmcvt

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS A10
Congrats OP. You made a great choice. Love the GT350. My previous car was a 2018 GT A10 and I really liked it but the Camaro is just overall a much more fun and easier car to drive to me. It (Camaro) also has MRC which, as you noted, makes the ride so nice. It was a non-negotiable in my search.
2018 Mustang GT A10 Kooks Lt's, E85 & Lund tune*SOLD*
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Silver- CAI, Bo-body, VRSP-2 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's w/cats, Magnaflow street CB(15089), QTP ovals, Elite can, Vengeance Racing tune. *SOLD*
gmcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:46 AM   #59
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
LOL... Nice group picture!!

I know some of the road courses don't allow verts unless it has a roll cage installed. Have you run across that issue in your area?

Again thanks for sharing the pics

The Small Block Mafia.

I’ve only done M1 and only a handful of times on Owner Invitation Days, so nobody’s going all out. The guy with the yellow Grand Sport has a garage there and invites the rest of us from time to time, so it’s never really all out. When I hit the 130, I was trying to keep up with the ZL1 (I know....delusional).

I haven’t done Grattan or Waterford Hills. I think WH allows verts without cages, but I’ve heard some scary things about driver behavior on that course.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:17 AM   #60
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
The Small Block Mafia.

I’ve only done M1 and only a handful of times on Owner Invitation Days, so nobody’s going all out. The guy with the yellow Grand Sport has a garage there and invites the rest of us from time to time, so it’s never really all out. When I hit the 130, I was trying to keep up with the ZL1 (I know....delusional).

I haven’t done Grattan or Waterford Hills. I think WH allows verts without cages, but I’ve heard some scary things about driver behavior on that course.
Did you pay attention to your oil, coolant, and transmission temps out there?
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:04 PM   #61
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Did you pay attention to your oil, coolant, and transmission temps out there?
More so the first time I went. I was nervous as heck. All towards the high end of normal but never any real concern. The way the events were organized is we’d go out in groups of 4 or 5 with a lead car. A couple warm up laps, then the lead car would have one car follow at the pace they thought a particular car / driver could handle. My brush with 130 came when the lead car was pacing the ZL1. I thought I’d catch up to them on the straight, then had to scrub a lot of speed off for a tight corner. Nervous time.

Combined we’d do about 12 - 15 laps after the warm up laps, then go in and let the next group on. So figure 3 warm-up laps, then 12 - 15 “spirited” laps behind a lead car. About 3 or 4 sessions like that in the course of the day.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote