Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 07-22-2017, 07:25 AM   #57
RCF

Drives: '17 2SS, NGM, MRC, DPP; '19 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel Team 6 View Post
The foam blocks were physically removed and I won't know if it fixed the problem until the new windshield comes in. They cracked the windshield removing it. My car has been there a week and won't be ready for another week. I will post an update as soon as possible.
If it's not too late, you might ask them not to reflash for the "flutter sound" first and see how it works. I'm thinking the reflash must keep the door from fully shutting as my dealer said they got the foam blocks out fine. Just a thought...
RCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:32 AM   #58
TedJS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCF View Post
I'm wondering if the "recalibrate for fluttering noise" mentioned on my ticket keeps the door from closing fully even though the foam blocks are gone (I'm pretty sure they accomplished this, have been impressed with my dealer thus far).
The foam blocks appeared to keep the door from (mechanically) fully sealing from the pictures in the bulletin which let the air leak.

Not sure what the calibration update does to the fan speed or door position. But, after the calibration update the door actuators would have to be relearned so they know the full extent of their travel.

Guess we'll have to see what others experience. If the door still isn't fully closing the dealer should inspect and possibly contact technical assistance for further instructions.
TedJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:48 AM   #59
TedJS

Quote:
The foam blocks were physically removed and I won't know if it fixed the problem until the new windshield comes in. They cracked the windshield removing it. My car has been there a week and won't be ready for another week. I will post an update as soon as possible.
They wouldn't need the windshield in to see if that fixed the problem. Start the car up and turn on the system. If air is still leaking out of the defrost door they would feel it before the new windshield went in. My car has a minor leak from the defrost door and the fogging is very minimal. But - you can feel the air leak from the defrost vent when the system is on. I have access to a scan tool and you can "see" the system is closing that door by the position data.

At any rate, if I were the technician I would check that out prior to the company reinstalling the windshield.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:13 AM   #60
Jones732

Drives: 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSteveSS View Post
Mine is at the dealer now to get this fixed along with the headliner issues, paint not matching on the hyper blue bumpers along with a knocking sound coming from the rear.
What kind of knocking sound are you having in the rear of the car?
Jones732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:55 PM   #61
SuperSteveSS

Drives: 2017 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones732 View Post
What kind of knocking sound are you having in the rear of the car?
It sounds almost exactly like brake pads shifting in the calipers when changing directions but I know that's not it. I guess it's more of a loud click when clutching like going through parking lots or taking off from a stop and even letting off the throttle in gear.
SuperSteveSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:24 PM   #62
Nisfero

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
Someone posted this on Facebook the other day... I hate to have this done to my car but just yesterday I was driving in the rain and the fogging was so bad I had to pull over.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2017, 07:10 AM   #63
Surfsalot

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisfero View Post
Someone posted this on Facebook the other day... I hate to have this done to my car but just yesterday I was driving in the rain and the fogging was so bad I had to pull over.
That plastic is really doing a lot of good on that seat!!
Surfsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:32 PM   #64
coastal_carolina
Hung Like a Republican

Drives: 2016 Garnet 2SS Cpe
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCF View Post
Well, after a few days of driving the car after the "fix", there is VERY LITTLE IMPROVEMENT! Gee thanks GM...

Windshield fogging was just as bad this morning as it was prior to the "fix".

If I were thinking about having this done, I'd wait to see what a couple of the other guys that are having his done think afterwards.
Same here. Had mine worked on last week. Very little to no improvement at all. Guess we'll all wait for fix #3 GM, or would we be on #2... i lose track. Blah.

**Previous ride: 2006 Spice Red Metallic A4 GTO
High end vs low end radar detectors
RadarBusters.com
GuysOfLidar.com
RadarDetector.net
Mine: v3.826 V1 (2006)
**2016 SS police stealth
**2015 BMW M4 vs 2016 SS Camaro MT Head 2 Head
**Fav cars: Vettes [C2,C3,C7], SS Camaros [1st Gen,02,6th Gen], M6 BMW, Aston DBS
**Coastal_Carolina over @ LS2GTO.com
SpiceyGTO over @ CorvetteForum.com
coastal_carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:27 AM   #65
obarry13

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Yeah this right here is why I keep putting off scheduling mine. I have little confidence in the dealers around me and stories like this make me cringe. They can't even take a windshield off properly.
obarry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:42 AM   #66
TedJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal_carolina View Post
Same here. Had mine worked on last week. Very little to no improvement at all. Guess we'll all wait for fix #3 GM, or would we be on #2... i lose track. Blah.
Still feeling lots of air coming out of defrost vent? I would think technicians would notice prior to returning car to customer but probably not checking.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:47 AM   #67
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Here's what I did, because like many of you I don't trust the dealers to not **** this up.

I ordered this off Amazon: Big @ss mousepad

Then I started slowly with a pair of scissors cutting it until it fit perfectly over the dash vent. I thought it would look hideous but to me, it's a cheap easy fix to throw up onto the dash to quell the fogging, and it doesn't look like complete sh*t while doing so. And only $15, and takes about 10 minutes of your time. On the muggiest of days (dew point in the mid 70's) it worked perfectly. I will say at max fan speed it may move around a little bit under spirited acceleration cornering, so you could come up with a way to tack it down but it doesn't bother me to reach up and nudge it back into place.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:15 PM   #68
Kaizer_911

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
Here's what I did, because like many of you I don't trust the dealers to not **** this up.

Then I started slowly with a pair of scissors cutting it until it fit perfectly over the dash vent. I thought it would look hideous but to me, it's a cheap easy fix to throw up onto the dash to quell the fogging, and it doesn't look like complete sh*t while doing so. And only $15, and takes about 10 minutes of your time. On the muggiest of days (dew point in the mid 70's) it worked perfectly. I will say at max fan speed it may move around a little bit under spirited acceleration cornering, so you could come up with a way to tack it down but it doesn't bother me to reach up and nudge it back into place.

I like this idea. Any pics of it in place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3100 - 05/25/16 | 3300 - 05/28/16
3400 - 05/31/16 | 3800 - 06/14/16, #125 Built!
4200 - 06/29/16 | 5000 - 06/29/16
6000 - 07/08/16 | Club F1FTY
Kaizer_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:42 PM   #69
MCatucci

Drives: 50th 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post

Just purchased this. Thanks for the tip!
MCatucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:49 PM   #70
wyd_trkr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT/RS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donrican View Post
Do you know anything about the fix?
Yes, I know exactly the procedure on how the fix will be done. Effectively tomorrow 7-26-2017 I will be taking My 2016 Camaro RS into my local Dealership to have them perform the fix on my Defroster Door.

The 3 page procedure states the Dealership will have an Automobile Windshield Company to come to the Dealership and Remove your Entire Front Windshield! Then the Dealership Technician will remove the Grille from the top of the Dash and then use a Boroscope Wireless Inspection Camera to look into the Defroster Vent and locate the Defroster Door, in which the Technician will use a Clothes Hanger Type Wire Removal Tool to remove the 2 Foam Pads that are secured to the door.

Problem being with those Pads installed onto the Defroster Door, it does not close completely and lets the Cold Air push itself up to the Windshield and Cause Severe Condensation onto the Outside of the Windshield. Once the Pads Are Removed from the Defroster Door, then all to do is to Reinstall the Windshield back onto the car. There is No Other Recommended procedure for this fix.

Once The Windshield is Removed The Bulletin States the total time of the procedure is 1.5 Hours from start to finish. But we all know how that works, as the Dealership hiring an outside Automobile Windshield Company to Remove it and have them come back to the Dealership later that day to Reinstall the Windshield after the procedure is completed.

In closing: Living down here in Florida, it is a Royal Pain to get into my car every day and be faced with this Condensation building up on the Windshield within the first 10 minutes of driving and the only way you can clear it, is to turn on your Windshield Wipers. How inconvenient is that! NOT!!!! I will post back to this posting on my individual results hopefully by Thursday Afternoon.
My Link Navigation
Onstar & Bluetooth Built-In
K&N Panel Filter
Lumar/Pro WindowTint
Mailto: wyd_trkr@bellsouth.net
wyd_trkr is offline   Reply With Quote