Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-05-2017, 08:20 AM   #57
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM View Post

Anybody want a slightly used, deeply discounted D1SC, with Stage II Intercooler Kit?
Did you ever ask him about pricing on the race air-to-air intercooler?
Pretty easy swap out.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:34 PM   #58
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
Pretty easy swap out.
I have just sent the dealer an email, thanks.
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:36 PM   #59
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Black16SS and DevBalkSS,

Thanks for your interest. I will decide on this next week and let you know a.s.a.p.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:42 AM   #60
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
Pretty easy swap out.

Are you sure you know what you are talking about? Easy? Care to post details and pictures?
Old 05-18-2017, 09:32 AM   #61
Perdieu

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Grey Auto 2SS
Quote:
Are you sure you know what you are talking about? Easy? Care to post details and pictures?

Lmao... does the guy who works for Procharger know what he's talking about.
Perdieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:13 PM   #62
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdieu View Post
Lmao... does the guy who works for Procharger know what he's talking about.

Ha ha, that is precisely my question, for this is the dealer´s answer:

"The best we could do for the race intercooler would be 1190 shipped. It’s a very large intercooler which would require cutting and modifying parts behind the bumper. Unfortunately we would not be able to take the Stage II back in on trade or to reduce the cost."

And if you look at the Race IC picture, you'll wonder the same thing, because he did post "PRETTY EASY SWAP OUT". You think so?:
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2017, 03:35 PM   #63
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Reading through this post again it sure seems like an indication problem. Especially with temps that high. Do your IAT go that high every time? I'm sure you are super frustrated at this point and not saying you haven't done it but recheck the small things. I know for me my MAF extension wasn't seating properly at first and it was causing the IAT's to spike. The next thing I know the fans are running full steam trying to cool things off.
I have the extension fixed now and all is good. Granted I'm not at your elevation but driving the car today with temps of 94 the highest IAT I saw was 108.
Just something to check out
Old 05-18-2017, 03:38 PM   #64
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR 45TH View Post
Granted I'm not at your elevation but driving the car today with temps of 94 the highest IAT I saw was 108.
That would be within reason.

It was well over 90 here the other day and I saw 118 (~1000ft)
Ground temp was over 100. (radiant heat off road)
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:02 PM   #65
Perdieu

Quote:
Ha ha, that is precisely my question, for this is the dealer´s answer:

"The best we could do for the race intercooler would be 1190 shipped. It’s a very large intercooler which would require cutting and modifying parts behind the bumper. Unfortunately we would not be able to take the Stage II back in on trade or to reduce the cost."

And if you look at the Race IC picture, you'll wonder the same thing, because he did post "PRETTY EASY SWAP OUT". You think so?:

Joe.. I'm going to ass-u-me you have a general knowledge of how to work on cars. So I'll give you the cliff notes on "how easy it is"

1. remove front bumper cover
2. remove stage II intercooler
3. removed front crash bar
4. removed drivers side aux radiator
5. install new BIGGER RACE A2A intercooler and piping

I'm also going to ass-u-me that because this is a RACE part Procharger can't advise you on what needs to be done for liability reasons..
Old 05-18-2017, 08:06 PM   #66
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

And cut off part of the front facia, and forget about the crash bar. That is not an easy swap out, Perdieu. That is a mayor car mod.

I know you are a SUPER FAN fan of Procharger, and their rep here, but you can certainly ass-u-me that their stage II I.C. is not large and/or good enough for high elevation, high temperatures (100°F), dry weather (15% humidity) conditions.

I just think there may be some people interested to know before they consider it for the similar conditions.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:14 PM   #67
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR 45TH View Post
Reading through this post again it sure seems like an indication problem. Especially with temps that high. Do your IAT go that high every time? I'm sure you are super frustrated at this point and not saying you haven't done it but recheck the small things. I know for me my MAF extension wasn't seating properly at first and it was causing the IAT's to spike. The next thing I know the fans are running full steam trying to cool things off.
I have the extension fixed now and all is good. Granted I'm not at your elevation but driving the car today with temps of 94 the highest IAT I saw was 108.
Thanks for your comments 45th, yes we did re-check everything 2 or 3 times. I even added a thermometer in the intake pipe to confirm temperatures, the hardware is ok, but the IC heat soaks badly on long runs. How long? As Procharger said they consider anything above 1/4 mile as long, that is in this case, as long as the IC can take before heat sinking. Also the IAT does drop to temps very close to ambient if driving civil for a couple of miles after a run, if the problem was a connector, it would not do this.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:19 AM   #68
Perdieu

Quote:
And cut off part of the front facia, and forget about the crash bar. That is not an easy swap out, Perdieu. That is a mayor car mod.

4 bolts to take it off = major ???? (yes mine is off see picture)

I know you are a SUPER FAN fan of Procharger, and their rep here, but you can certainly ass-u-me that their stage II I.C. is not large and/or good enough for high elevation, high temperatures (100°F), dry weather (15% humidity) conditions.

Guilty on all counts,
I like Procharger systems (best belt driven turbo in the business )
Yep I consider Erik a friend.

As for a stage II In the conditions you listed, I would have never even thought of that set up in the first place. I would have built a full bolt on NA set up then added a little shot of N2O for play times.

I just think there may be some people interested to know before they consider it for the similar conditions.

Do you know anyone else near you with a supercharged set up ?

Talk with them and see what kind of issues they are dealing with. I would hate for you to add and even bigger intercooler then find out you'll still have the same issue . You're asking a lot out of a system in those conditions. I don't know of ANY belt driven blower company that will say "YES our system will work fine in those conditions."
Not being an ass, ok maybe I am.

But each time I look at this post all I see is you putting blame on Procharger, and not accepting any yourself. I've spent several years playing with different combo. I NEVER just look at what the MFG says it can do, I find real world results, from owners that have ran the set ups in the SAME conditions I'll be running in.
Attached Images