Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-01-2016, 10:55 AM   #57
Brutus2

Drives: White 2016 Camaro SS 1ss A/8 MR NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by at7000ft View Post
Me too. $41k for a new 1SS and used C7s now approaching the mid 40s (and with the C7 grand sports coming out this summer should fall even faster), hard decision. But I never thought of adding social stigma to the equation:

Camero - trailer trash younger white male
Corvette - wealthier than average fat old white man

Guess since I am already a fat old white man I may as well go for the vette
Im not fat , white ,young , live in a trailer or trash but social stigma is never a factor when I choose a car. The opinion of people who judge a car by social stigma is pretty irrelevant to me..... as is the opinion of people who confuse a corvette with a Camaro.

I was in the market for a used Vette and it was a close call between the Camaro ss and a 2004 Z06 with 13k miles on it. In the end i enjoyed the performance of the Camaro over the Vette , Mustang, GolphR, Challenger....the BMW M4 was an impressive ride...but way more than i was willing to spend.

Sum it all up...screw what other people like and get what you want. Corvette is no slouch
Brutus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:51 AM   #58
flarunner

Drives: Red
Quote:

Performance wise, the Camaro has shown to be better than the Vette (for now).. All it's coming down to is looks and preferences...
Performance? Right Right... Anyways lots of things in life are subjective. Im sure you could find a small percentage of men who think Rosie O'Donnell looks better than Jessica Alba... But to the majority we know who looks better.

Same thing with vette/camaro. Hit the streets with both, ask random people which looks better and see who wins. My money is on the C7 in any trim everyday , any day.

flarunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:34 PM   #59
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
If I could afford it, I'd get the Vette over the Camaro. But I can't so that makes it easier for me lol.

As for the 1LE, might want to wait and see what it can do. It may perform very closely to the Z51 C7. Has the e-diff like the Vette, but has wider rubber, especially in the rear. On the video of Randy Pobst and Carlos taking the C7 around Laguna Seca, they mentioned how tail happy and loose it was. Maybe the 1LE will be more planted with the wider rubber, making the lap times very close or equal to the C7.

Unless it's the looks or driving experience you're after. In which case, I'd personally go for the Vette. But I can't imagine being unhappy with the new Camaro. They did an amazing job.

Last edited by Blackdevil77; 04-01-2016 at 07:11 PM.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:08 PM   #60
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
This thread has been cleaned up a bit. If your post was removed as "collateral damage", I apologize.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:04 PM   #61
harmonyp

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Silver Ice Metallic Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarunner View Post
Thats you opinion as I dont see how it is a better street car.

Where I live now in NC you see TONS of camaros and very few C7s. Someone asked was my C7 a Ferrari in the Drive Thru one day. That will NEVER happen with a camaro.

Bottom line is the C7 is Chevys flagship car.. It looks BETTER and will get more attention on the road. And while still close driven by equal drivers performs better. Yes despite Camaros weight reduction the C7 is still a faster car.....

To non car people your camaro is just one of a 1000 they have seen on the road that day mixed in with the same looking and more seen V6's.

The C7 is faster, looks better and will turn more heads. Anytime you or any camaro owner here want to deny this lets put some cash on it go to a local mall and ask people coming out which looks better. Tally up the votes and winner takes the cash..

We are on A CAMARO forum and the Base Vette is being recommend almost as much and the Z51 dominates the poll http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408944.

That tells you all ya need to know.

To sum it up the 6th Gen Camaro is a nice car but it aint no Vette and never will be. There is a reason the vette costs more even in base form

C7>Camaro Camaro>Mustang

OP The vette is ya dream car go wit it. Riding in my C7 makes me feel like I hit the lottery..... You dont get that with a camaro sorry folks.
Best this poster has never driven either.
From the post, talking only about what other people think of the car - probably not old enough to drive yet.
harmonyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:58 AM   #62
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
I can afford to buy and have driven both cars, and after doing so, I'm not even considering buying a C7.

With the seat as far back and low as possible, there is half an inch of clearance between my knees and the dash. I had to look down to see out of the front windshield and to use the rear view mirror, because I'm staring straight at a visor if I look straight ahead like I do on literally every other car I've driven. The ergonomics of the car are terrible for tall people, and I'm only 6'4".

Honestly though, I felt the same way about the Camaro when I went to test drive it. I first sat in the passenger seat, and with the seat all the way down and back, my knees hit the dash. I had to tilt the seat in order to get enough space. In the driver's seat, I was never able to get comfortable no matter how I adjusted the seat and steering wheel.

I still hang around this forum is because I want to give the car another shot since I am almost positive that something was wrong with the seats after reading threads here.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:11 PM   #63
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
I love the styling of the C7 and the performance is unquestionable. I just feel it's too tight inside and don't like having to use my left arm to get out. I tried twice to love it but can't.

I chose my ZL1 over the C7 and now love the gen6 SS even more. It fits me perfect (6'-4", 225 lbs), has amazing performance, great interior and masculine style. IMO, the Camaro isn't second to Corvette, it's just different.

Historically (some) Vette guys have looked down on the Camaro and a family member even suggested that woman view the Corvette more favorably. Whenever I hear Vette owners talk about how special they are as a owner group and how people look longingly at their flagship...

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 04:19 PM   #64
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
I love the styling of the C7 and the performance is unquestionable. I just feel it's too tight inside and don't like having to use my left arm to get out. I tried twice to love it but can't.

I chose my ZL1 over the C7 and now love the gen6 SS even more. It fits me perfect (6'-4", 225 lbs), has amazing performance, great interior and masculine style. IMO, the Camaro isn't second to Corvette, it's just different.

Historically (some) Vette guys have looked down on the Camaro and a family member even suggested that woman view the Corvette more favorably. Whenever I hear Vette owners talk about how special they are as a owner group and how people look longingly at their flagship...

The general public doesn't see or get to experience the actual performance of these cars. People see a corvette, or hear the word corvette. they know its got to be super fast, and looks very cool. The corvette looks really exotic, women are always going to find cars like that more appealing. Because its all they know. 0-60 numbers or track times, or even HP doesn't mean a dam thing. Its what the car looks like, and what name its under.

I bet most people think the corvette is a lot faster than the camaro SS or even a Zl1. Just because its a corvette.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:41 PM   #65
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
The general public doesn't see or get to experience the actual performance of these cars. People see a corvette, or hear the word corvette. they know its got to be super fast, and looks very cool. The corvette looks really exotic, women are always going to find cars like that more appealing. Because its all they know. 0-60 numbers or track times, or even HP doesn't mean a dam thing. Its what the car looks like, and what name its under.

I bet most people think the corvette is a lot faster than the camaro SS or even a Zl1. Just because its a corvette.
My experience has been that the women don't care about muscle or sports cars at all and my non-car-guy friends walk past them without a glance. So get what you like because your kidding yourself if you think your impressing anyone else. So when I hear Vette guys put themselves on a pedestal because they drive a late model Corvette I think... Great car but 90% of the people you think are impressed aren't impressed.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:41 PM   #66
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
My experience has been that the women don't care about muscle or sports cars at all and my non-car-guy friends walk past them without a glance. So get what you like because your kidding yourself if you think your impressing anyone else. So when I hear Vette guys put themselves on a pedestal because they drive a late model Corvette I think... Great car but 90% of the people you think are impressed aren't impressed.
Excellent post. Buy a car that pleases you. Not one that you think will please someone else.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:42 PM   #67
mikem2104

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE, 20 Canyon Denali
amen to that!

Current Garage:
18' 2SS 1LE, Hyper Blue
23' GMC Canyon Denali
Previously:
20' GMC Canyon Denali
16' 2SS 6MT, Hyper Blue, Kalahari, 20" PVW Chrome Split wheels, NPP, MRC (Total Loss)
14' Ford Edge Sport
06' Saab 9-7x,13' Nissan 370z Sport, 12' VW Jetta GLI, 02' Olds Bravada
mikem2104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:16 PM   #68
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
I just sold my 2013 SS today(dealer bought it for $27500 site unseen) so I'm looking for my new ride. I'm tossed between the C7 and Camaro. The Camaro convertible I want has a msrp of $52000. I can buy a 2014 C7 Z51 3lt with Magride for $58,650. It only has 800 miles on it and had a msrp of over $76,000. Here is a pic of it.
Attached Images

13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:24 PM   #69
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
The deal on that Vette makes it a no-brainer..
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:35 PM   #70
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Here's the way I see it.

Have small kids or need a "backseat" get a camaro.

Don't need a tiny backseat, get a Vette.

I remember back in high school 2004 wanting the new camaro to come out so I could get one and having to wait all the way until 2010 to get one. I do really like the camaro and the 6th gen is a huge improvement of the 2010 5th gen I had.
I have 2 young kids so I will be getting the ZL1, but having driven a lot in the vette I will be getting one when the kids are gone.
But then again my dad has a 16 z06 so I can always borrow that one and have put more miles on it than he has lol.
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote