Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-06-2016, 09:56 AM   #57
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Exactly! Most people just bash them since they are GY. GY does actually make some really good tires. Are all of their tires good? No of course not. I have had some crappy GY tires, but these Eagle F1 A3s are very good, I like them alot!
I completely agree.

The tires we have were SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR THE CAMARO. Can't people think AO and his team tried the PSS since the vette has em? Damn sure they did. Not only that but I am sure GY won the contract by saying that they will make damn good tires for a better price to GM over Michelin PSS.

A lot of people just like to bash, seen some bash the gen6 and everything about it without even owning the damn car, some without even seeing it in person let alone drive it, and even then it isn't enough to form a damn good opinion. I love my stock tires, only thing I am curious of is the tread life. So far, it's looking damn good but I only have 3400 miles on the car lol. If they last at least 15k miles, I won't see myself buying any other tires for the camaro.

I actually get better traction than a c7 with PSS. C7 being so much lighter becomes an issue lol. Did you know you can do first gear pulls from 0 with step 1 traction control off and still have godly traction and no wheel spin once the tires are warm? And people are bashing that? That's just laughable.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:03 AM   #58
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
I completely agree.

The tires we have were SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR THE CAMARO. Can't people think AO and his team tried the PSS since the vette has em? Damn sure they did. Not only that but I am sure GY won the contract by saying that they will make damn good tires for a better price to GM over Michelin PSS.

A lot of people just like to bash, seen some bash the gen6 and everything about it without even owning the damn car, some without even seeing it in person let alone drive it, and even then it isn't enough to form a damn good opinion. I love my stock tires, only thing I am curious of is the tread life. So far, it's looking damn good but I only have 3400 miles on the car lol. If they last at least 15k miles, I won't see myself buying any other tires for the camaro.

I actually get better traction than a c7 with PSS. C7 being so much lighter becomes an issue lol. Did you know you can do first gear pulls from 0 with step 1 traction control off and still have godly traction and no wheel spin once the tires are warm? And people are bashing that? That's just laughable.
Lol...I completely agree. I also love the fact that they are run flats, extra security for me without having the carry a spare or those stupid goo compressors.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:10 AM   #59
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Lol...I completely agree. I also love the fact that they are run flats, extra security for me without having the carry a spare or those stupid goo compressors.
Hell yeah. Less weight of keeping a spare or any other crap. Plus, I can drive up to 50 miles with a gigantic gash on the tire which is more than enough to take me to a place to get it replaced? Yes please. I do agree they are loud but that's an easy fix for me. It's called exhaust work and/or dynamat lol.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:45 AM   #60
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
.... I do agree they are loud but that's an easy fix for me. It's called exhaust work and/or dynamat lol.

You could also crank up a little Britney, never get enough Britney........

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 12:29 PM   #61
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Use them up and then change them out.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:37 PM   #62
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Hell yeah. Less weight of keeping a spare or any other crap. Plus, I can drive up to 50 miles with a gigantic gash on the tire which is more than enough to take me to a place to get it replaced? Yes please. I do agree they are loud but that's an easy fix for me. It's called exhaust work and/or dynamat lol.
With the music on, I can't hear them anyway.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:48 AM   #63
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
they are surprisingly good for run flats....
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:16 PM   #64
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
So why is everyone getting rid of the runflats??? I find them to be just fine. What am I missing?
They're summer rated for one, if this was a weekend car for me that would be no problem. But this is my main transportation, I needed a tire that will perform well in most conditions. I don't want to risk myself or my car when it gets too cold out or it's too slick out. It's a safety concern. I live in a cold state, one of the coldest in the countries. I'm not going to risk running a tire that cannot grip when it's 40 degrees or colder out. I will be running a winter setup as well, but an all season setup makes the most sense for the 3 other seasons.

The tread life is not as good as an all season tire as well. It makes sense. Softer rubber designed for maximum performance and traction in the right temperatures is just going to wear down faster. I want a tire that's going to last me 30,000-40,000 miles.

The cost, those rear run flats are $400 a tire. That's nuts. I like the idea of run flats, but the price is off putting. If I damage one of the my tires I'd much rather pay $250 to replace it than $400.

Now if anyone wants to by my runflat tires, I will have them for sale. I will ship, probably around $100 to ship them in the lower 48. They have 10 miles on them at most.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #65
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Has anyone worn out a set of these run flat Goodyears on a 2016 yet? I am curious about how many miles they last.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:31 PM   #66
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

I'd be surprised if anyone gets more than 20,000 out of them. It's going to be interesting to see. I need to post mine online so I can get some money out of them.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:06 AM   #67
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
I'd be surprised if anyone gets more than 20,000 out of them. It's going to be interesting to see. I need to post mine online so I can get some money out of them.
3k miles clocked in my car in 30 days... Well I'm ****ed aren't I lol..
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:12 AM   #68
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
3k miles clocked in my car in 30 days... Well I'm ****ed aren't I lol..
Hahaha sounds like it, better set aside some funds for some new rubber in a few months :p
Old 05-05-2016, 06:56 AM   #69
osubuckeye

Drives: 2016 2LT Gamet Red Tintcoat
The only thing I don't like about them is the ride is very stiff but I do like the convenience of not having to put a spare tire in the trunk and if I do have a flat I don't have to change the tire. Guess I will keep mine. Only wish Chevrolet had given me an option to choose. With the RS package you automatically get run-flats.
osubuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:53 AM   #70
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
these tires are actually really good. like mentioned they are just a little stiff and loud but not terrible and would trade that for the fact i can keep driving if i get a flat on a tight highway in the rain.

6250 here

Last edited by 6spdhyperblue; 05-06-2016 at 07:43 AM.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote