#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-10-2015, 08:53 AM   #57
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
$50k!? ATS 2.0L turbo average price paid is $34,000 according to TrueCar. SS sedan sells for $42,000. They would sell incredibly well if people knew the price and didn't assume they cost way more than they really do.
I started to work a deal (signature away type thing) on an SS when it came out it was going to be $47K before tax, tag and all the other crap. I would have ended up more than $50K so there's that first hand knowledge of knowing what it'll "really" cost.

I wanted an ATS but the wife has this thing in her head that she will be "middle-aged" if she starts driving a Caddy.

Anything else?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2015, 09:47 AM   #58
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Someone at GMI brightened up the image.
I see some Model S in there. May be a pretty sharp car.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #59
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
$50k!? ATS 2.0L turbo average price paid is $34,000 according to TrueCar. SS sedan sells for $42,000. They would sell incredibly well if people knew the price and didn't assume they cost way more than they really do.
Yep a bare bones ATS 2.0 RWD in my neck of the woods according to true car is 34.5, for a RWD premium 2.0 the average paid is 45 according to true car.

Local dealers have tons of ATS' sitting on the lots collecting dust
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:15 AM   #60
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I started to work a deal (signature away type thing) on an SS when it came out it was going to be $47K before tax, tag and all the other crap. I would have ended up more than $50K so there's that first hand knowledge of knowing what it'll "really" cost.
But you wrote post #46 on March 7, 2015. Why are you inflating prices back to when the car was first released in the US market? The reality is the SS on March 7th 2015 averages $42k. All new car purchases require tag, tax and title. Are you rounding $42k to $50k or did you simply not know what they cost?

Quote:
I wanted an ATS but the wife has this thing in her head that she will be "middle-aged" if she starts driving a Caddy.
Ohhhh because all Cadillac drivers are middle-aged? And you must avoid a well balanced RWD luxury car with turbo-4 and manual transmission because someone might think you're middle-aged? Self-conscious much?

Quote:
Anything else?
Nope. You said in post #46:

Quote:
A midsized RWD sedan with a turbo 4 or a solid 6 (think ATS) with a bowtie and a mid thirties price tag would sell incredibly well.
So because it has a crest and wreath and not a bowtie, the exact car you describe is out of consideration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yep a bare bones ATS 2.0 RWD in my neck of the woods according to true car is 34.5, for a RWD premium 2.0 the average paid is 45 according to true car.
Firefighter was looking for something with a bowtie so a barebones ATS 2.0L turbo @ $34k would suit him fine. He just can't stand the thought of driving a Cadillac apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Local dealers have tons of ATS' sitting on the lots collecting dust
Which makes it a great time to buy an ATS or CTS for that matter. A lot of car for the money even if it doesn't wear a bowtie

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:02 PM   #61
Firefighter

Quote:
But you wrote post #46 on March 7, 2015. Why are you inflating prices back to when the car was first released in the US market? The reality is the SS on March 7th 2015 averages $42k. All new car purchases require tag, tax and title. Are you rounding $42k to $50k or did you simply not know what they cost?

Ohhhh because all Cadillac drivers are middle-aged? And you must avoid a well balanced RWD luxury car with turbo-4 and manual transmission because someone might think you're middle-aged? Self-conscious much?

Nope. You said in post #46:

So because it has a crest and wreath and not a bowtie, the exact car you describe is out of consideration?

Firefighter was looking for something with a bowtie so a barebones ATS 2.0L turbo @ $34k would suit him fine. He just can't stand the thought of driving a Cadillac apparently.

Which makes it a great time to buy an ATS or CTS for that matter. A lot of car for the money even if it doesn't wear a bowtie
Place marker for my retort for someone who is obviously some kind of J/O...

So here's the deal obviously you have some reading comprehension deficiency.

First off I said when they first came out. I was going to have one of the first SS's in my area until I decided I didn't want to pay about $50K out the door. IDGAF what TrueCar says. This was also last year. Decided I didn't want to spend the cash then and got her a G8 GT (With 10K miles for about $25K) I'm quite pleased with the car.

As for the Caddy if you read my post you would understand I (as in me) wanted an ATS. She my wife the one who was going to drive the car didn't want the Caddy because of her unjustified stigma of the brand.

Now I know you aren't calling out my wife because she has nothing to do with the conversation we are having. Unless you truly are some kind of Internet tough guy if that's the case I would like to kindly ask you to GFY.

As for the "middle aged Caddy owner" it seems to me that you are the one with some kind of personal insecurities. Maybe it hits too close to home. If needed I can look up the number for Hair Club for men if you'd like. Quite possibly your "Medisin" comes in little blue pill form.

Also Just for men is on isle 5 next to the tampons and adult diapers.

With that I say good day sir...

Last edited by Firefighter; 03-10-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:22 PM   #62
MEDISIN

Quote:

I'm a J/O for pointing out the facts?

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
Old 03-10-2015, 01:40 PM   #63
Firefighter

Quote:
I'm a J/O for pointing out the facts?
You're a J/O because you are a J/O. You think you're some kind of "Internet authority"...

Old 03-10-2015, 01:45 PM   #64
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
So about this Malibu...

Old 03-10-2015, 01:51 PM   #65
Firefighter

Quote:
So about this Malibu...

I actually think my parents are getting one and to be honest if I hadn't gotten the G8 6 months or so ago I'd be looking into them myself. Still wish it was RWD though.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:23 PM   #66
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
I fear we may end up with Nissan's problem for a while: Altima stepping on Maxima's toes.

Impala is still supposed to be a bigger car so we'll have to see how this works out.
Same thing happen with Ford's Ranger vs F150, and they ditched the Ranger altogether on the basis that a big truck can accomplish what a small truck can, but not the other way around.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:45 PM   #67
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
Same thing happen with Ford's Ranger vs F150, and they ditched the Ranger altogether on the basis that a big truck can accomplish what a small truck can, but not the other way around.
Mmm... not sure that's an accurate analogy... trucks and cars, and how they're used are very different. Different target demographics, different specifications/needs. A large car like the Maxima or Impala are rarely 'needed', they're a preference. Technically all of us could get from A-->B in a Sonic. You can't haul thousands of pounds in a small 4 cylinder truck.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:51 PM   #68
MEDISIN

Quote:

So here's the deal obviously you have some reading comprehension deficiency.
I fail to understand the need for name calling and derogatory language.

Quote:
First off I said when they first came out. I was going to have one of the first SS's in my area until I decided I didn't want to pay about $50K out the door.
You said in post #44 "It bugs me that the only option for RWD is a Caddy..." for which Number 3 corrected you by mentioning the SS. You then said "Yeah, at $50K..." in post #46. I was only pointing out that the SS is selling for $42k right now as this conversation is taking place.

Quote:
Now I know you aren't calling out my wife because she has nothing to do with the conversation we are having. Unless you truly are some kind of Internet tough guy if that's the case I would like to kindly ask you to GFY.
I could care less about your wife's preference for the Pontiac over the Cadillac. I was simply pointing out that the car you were describing in post #46 already exists at that price point, but wears a crest and wreath instead of a bowtie.

Quote:
As for the "middle aged Caddy owner" it seems to me that you are the one with some kind of personal insecurities. Maybe it hits too close to home. If needed I can look up the number for Hair Club for men if you'd like. Quite possibly your "Medisin" comes in little blue pill form.

Also Just for men is on isle 5 next to the tampons and adult diapers.
I was 32 when I bought the Cadillac (the first and only Cadillac I've owned) to better accommodate our two kids in rear-facing car seats. The Camaro was my DD at the time and was just too cumbersome with little ones. Thanks for the advice on isle 5, I'll be sure to keep that in mind

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic, I'm excited to see a redesigned silhouette. This is the one class GM really lags in. Not because the Malibu isn't a good car, it's that the competition is so good in this segment. Fix the funky tail lights and do something about the rear seat complaints.

Old 03-10-2015, 03:11 PM   #69
Firefighter

Quote:

You said in post #44 "It bugs me that the only option for RWD is a Caddy..." for which Number 3 corrected you by mentioning the SS. You then said "Yeah, at $50K..." in post #46. I was only pointing out that the SS is selling for $42k right now as this conversation is taking place.

I could care less about your wife's preference for the Pontiac over the Cadillac. I was simply pointing out that the car you were describing in post #46 already exists at that price point, but wears a crest and wreath instead of a bowtie.

I was 32 when I bought the Cadillac (the first and only Cadillac I've owned) to better accommodate our two kids in rear-facing car seats. The Camaro was my DD at the time and was just too cumbersome with little ones. Thanks for the advice on isle 5, I'll be sure to keep that in mind

Back on topic, I'm excited to see a redesigned silhouette. This is the one class GM really lags in. Not because the Malibu isn't a good car, it's that the competition is so good in this segment. Fix the funky tail lights and do something about the rear seat complaints.

The derogatory language is the typical response when and "Internet Authority" thinks it's his place to call someone out by stating the "facts".

It's also the usual way a man reacts when said IA basically insults his wife.

It's also the way someone reactions when said IA has reading comprehension issues and goes off on a tangent "correcting" something that didn't need to be corrected.

Look at your first post where you took it upon yourself to correct a statement that was not directed at you.

So I stand by calling you a J/O and telling you to GFY.

Like I said earlier Good Day Sir, now piss off...

Old 03-10-2015, 05:20 PM   #70
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:

Who taillights look better to you than the malibu's?
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote