Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 03-04-2019, 11:05 PM   #57
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Well at least he bought a chevy and not some chic car like a Nissan, Toyota or Honda.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:17 AM   #58
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
Well at least he bought a chevy and not some chic car like a Nissan, Toyota or Honda.
Just so I understand your reply,Japanese cars are,"chic cars"?
Old 03-05-2019, 04:59 AM   #59
italiano687

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 1lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
Sometimes we have to be practical and that's why I have a 3.6 RS 2LT. I wanted more creature comforts and safety items then power I will never use. I have had several muscle cars and this 3.6 is the fastest one I have owned and the best part is the G meter. I would like to experience 1.15g but .75 on the street is plenty for me. Then again I have been buttering up the wife with thoughts of a ZL1.

Same here! I purchased a 2LT Rs (v6) because I knew I was never going to use the power and for the money I preferred to have comfort and convenience. I love the sound of the V8 but didn’t want to pay an extra 10k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2019, 07:27 AM   #60
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
A very sensible and well thought out decision. Nice post, thanks for sharing. I completely understand and that's why I drive "base" performance cars. My well thought out choice was my 2017 Camaro RS with the V6- plenty of power and regular gas- great for my tight budget being close to retirement. But the shuddering transmission got to me and I so disliked the automatic anyway I got rid of it. I opted for a Mustang GT M/T instead and I got a brand new base model for only 30K. I don't care if it doesn't have Power Pack options, it's not track ready or if Camaro SS is better and will blow my doors off- on or off the track. It's a great, every day driver. But even then I can't really get on it or drive it to it's potential without so quickly exceeding the speed limit.

My "preferred" daily driver is my Fiesta ST. It's light, handles so good, so fun to drive, was only 17K brand new and gets nearly 40 MPG.

But I still really like the Camaros and have sometimes thought of trading my GT for a Camaro Turbo 4, manual like yours. It has the great looks, good performance and you can drive it to it's potential and row the gears. It sure beats the traditional "cookie cutter" cars like Camry, Civic, Accord, Altima, etc.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:26 AM   #61
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
I've only test driven a ss 1le, and it was immediately after test driving a M2. I actually thought the 1le felt as 'light' as the M2, but it was only a test drive. Really interested in test driving a v6 and maybe i4.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:35 AM   #62
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by italiano687 View Post
Same here! I purchased a 2LT Rs (v6) because I knew I was never going to use the power and for the money I preferred to have comfort and convenience. I love the sound of the V8 but didn’t want to pay an extra 10k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of the best features about the V8 is the torque down low. I use that all the time. Around 300lb/ft at 1000 rpm and it only gets better from there.

Coming from a Gen 5 (with a BMW in between), I definitely noticed the lighter weight and more crisp "everything" in the 2018, the 2010 was fun, I had upgraded the suspension, but it was still more numb and lumbering. The Gen 6 1LE turns it into a more surgical instrument.

IMO, certain engines and tunes work best in certain chassis, just like certain transmissions. Once to go too far, you lose much of the chassis dynamics and how everything is supposed to work together. I don't find this to be the case with the V8 camaro, but I understand the concept. The LT1, being pushrod, is very compact, sits low and far back, doesn't weigh as much as DOHC and works well with the chassis. I think the V6 and maybe even 4 cyl 1LE trims would be fun to drive, with the upgraded suspension, but I prioritize chassis dynamics and look for a good balance of performance and handling, with the ability to drive it every day. Many of the OEM tunes in this case are too sedate and one problem is manufacturers don't put the same kind of (chassis) tunes on their smaller-motor cars. I wish they did. I spent some $$$ upgrading the suspension of my BMW and I feel it was well worth it. BMW refuses to put the real "sport" suspension on their x-drive 2, 3 and 4 series models (sways, lowering, springs, shocks, etc.), and in many other manufacturer cases, the only way to upgrade the suspension is to get the "bigger engine", which is not always necessary.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 03-05-2019, 10:46 AM   #63
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
First, don't be an ass. Second, I was replying to someone who asked me specifically what I meant.

And if you have half a clue, this entire thread is nothing but opinion responses.
I apologize. I forgot how valuable your opinion was to his choice in his new car purchase. In the next year I'll be sure and hit you up for your unbiased opinion on what I should buy next and what is best for me.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:51 AM   #64
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Nice write up, I can see why you went with the 2.0T. You wanted a driver's car that you can safely push to the limits. It's still quick enough to have fun and you're not in dangerous speeds when you push it harder versus the SS.

I had a 2011 2LT and now own a 2016 2SS. I loved my V6, it was a great car and had plenty of power. I fell in love with the redesign of the 6th gen, but I felt a need to move up the V8. I had a 2007 Impala SS before my 2011 Camaro. I loved that car too. Even though it didn't look sporty, the off the line torque made it really fun to drive. I also really enjoyed the sound of the V8 the harder you pushed it. It had a nice exhaust note, not loud, but nice.

I missed two things going to my Camaro. The sound of a V8, and the torque. I don't track or race my car, but I like to have fun once in a while in the country by myself or with a friend when no one else is around. I also like to have the power to overtake vehicles while cruising on our desolate highways. The sound is the other thing, i absolutely adore the rumble of the V8. Especially when I'm actually pushing the car. The torque throwing you back in the seat and the V8 screams to life. It's an awesome feeling.

Finally the last part of why I enjoy my 2SS over my 2LT I had before. I like to participate in the local car shows. They're nothing fancy and I don't anticipate to win anything, but I enjoy driving out to the different small towns in the area, detailing my car to near perfection, and hanging out with like minded people. Checking out all the cars and enjoying the nice weather. I feel like my SS (in mostly stock form) is a better fit for car shows. My 2LT opened up the door to the car shows for me, but my 2SS really makes me feel like I belong.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:35 PM   #65
L99BEN

Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition
Not seeing the logic in this trade..
The amount you lost on the trade is WAY more than you will save on gas/insurance...

Besides the 4 banger being a little lighter the SS is FAR superior.

Past:
2022 Tesla S Plaid
2020 Shelby GT500 sold
2019 Hellcat Redeye-traded for new GT500
2019 ZL1 A10 - sold (meh)
2019 Tesla M3P
2016 Hellcat Challenger - A8 sold but never forgotten
2016 Camaro 2SS M6
2014 Mustang GT A6
2012 Mustang GT M6 "brembo" 3.73/FBO
2012 Camaro SS L99 (Wife's)
- slow
Old 03-05-2019, 01:38 PM   #66
rburke76

Drives: garnet red
4 cylinder turbo guy here...

Happy for you! great decision!....here is my ride - 2017 2.0 Turbo garnet Red..its all I need!
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2019, 02:04 PM   #67
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99BEN View Post
Not seeing the logic in this trade..
The amount you lost on the trade is WAY more than you will save on gas/insurance...

Besides the 4 banger being a little lighter the SS is FAR superior.
Did you read his whole post or just the points that stuck out to you? His main reason was he was unhappy with the car and the ability to use the power the way he drives.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:16 PM   #68
Johnny2343

Drives: 16 1SS 6mn npp
Alright so I’ve had a 16 SS and I currently have a 2.0 turbo. I feel the need to chime in . I have one complaint about my 4cyl. And it’s not the fact that it is a 4cyl, I don’t care for the way 4 cyl sound . Other than that it’s a great car .
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2019, 05:21 PM   #69
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
Did you read his whole post or just the points that stuck out to you? His main reason was he was unhappy with the car and the ability to use the power the way he drives.

Did you read the first paragraph? I think this was he main reason, the rest is just a view point on owning both cars after the fact. I wish him the best.

"Long story short, I had a couple things happen financially that, while I still could've afforded to keep my SS 1LE, it became more of a liability than I wanted. I needed to cut my losses"
Old 03-05-2019, 08:25 PM   #70
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Pure Denial

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s

Closed Thread