Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 02-16-2016, 06:52 PM   #57
AlwaysAmerican

Drives: 15 Silverado, 15 Corvette 2LT Z51
Alright after doing a hand wash I can see the pain defects.
Looks like I have everything painted, but there are sports that look like it wasn't properly painted, faint scratches (linear not circular as you would expect from a crappy car wash)
seems like there is a dent because of the paint on the passenger side quarter panel on the top of it.

Kinda looks like a finger print on the car too under the clear coat. I tried everything I could to polish it out. But it's still there.

Spoke too soon, I can see the primer on the inside of the front fender. (looking at it directly through the door)
I'll go over it some more when I have the opportunity to do so. I'll post some pictures up so you have a reference of the unpainted part(s)

Last edited by AlwaysAmerican; 02-16-2016 at 07:18 PM.
AlwaysAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:55 PM   #58
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by davet435 View Post
looks familiar

I was wondering if your LF fender looked like this with a light pointed directly at it

Here are a couple more

Looks familiar, same here. Tried taking some pictures this eve with a DSLR but it kept washing the spots out. Going to go low tech and try my cell in the morn and see how those turn out. I have all the same ones posted here plus at least three more areas.
Netslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:35 AM   #59
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Also, just wanted to add - my door tag date is 1/16. Just wondering for anyone that has the Mosaic Black paint and might have issues now or in the future if these cars were all sprayed (or not sprayed) at the same time.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:26 PM   #60
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
[url=http://goo.gl/jGYe2m Posted by camaro1&6[/url] Thanks to some help , I found even more issues with my paint going to take it to another dealer tho , the one I purchased the car from was no help and lied to me and said that they had their rep look at it and it was ok???, talked to advisor from chevrolet and it was a complete lie they had no contact from the dealer at all about the issue , what a joke How many vehicles do I have to buy before I get one that's the way it's supposed to be!!!
Hi camaro1&6,

I am sorry to hear of this ongoing paint concern you're experiencing with your Camaro. I have taken some time to read over this thread, and I can certainly understand how frustrating this situation may be. If you would like, we would be happy to research this further and provide an additional layer of support on our end. Please send us a private message along with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, case number (if applicable), and preferred dealership if this is of interest to you.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 02-17-2016, 06:30 PM   #61
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi camaro1&6,

I am sorry to hear of this ongoing paint concern you're experiencing with your Camaro. I have taken some time to read over this thread, and I can certainly understand how frustrating this situation may be. If you would like, we would be happy to research this further and provide an additional layer of support on our end. Please send us a private message along with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, case number (if applicable), and preferred dealership if this is of interest to you.

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Since there seems to be other cars with this issue I am making my own thread about my wife's 2016 Camaro with the defective Mosaic Black paint and other issues so if someone from GM would like to see another case of this going on here is the link -

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440789

Feel free to message me.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:24 PM   #62
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
Quote:
Hi camaro1&6,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care

Hi Julie,
I sent you a private message, thank you for showing the concern! . Can you please get some acknowledgedmental to the people that need to know now that you've seen all these photos! . The sticker on my car was 50,400 I think I/we deserve this to be made right !
Please help
camaro1&6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:40 PM   #63
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
I've been pining for a new Camaro...I think I'll wait.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:10 PM   #64
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Hi camaro1&6,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care

Hi, please let us all know what the deal is...I was planning on getting mine in m- Black at the end of Feb or beginning of March. but won't be placing an order until I know for a fact the issues are fixed. Also can you address the issue with the seat back rest motor issue. I looked at one at the dealer and the salesman couldn't get in the passenger seat because the seat was stuck in a forward position and he couldn't sit in it. Also looks like the drivers seats don't recline.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:57 AM   #65
camaro1&6

Hi Finally getting somewhere , have to send pictures to executive office .This wouldn't be possible with all the help big thanks to everyone on here !!
Old 02-23-2016, 09:16 PM   #66
camaro1&6

Took some more pictures, found more and more
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2016, 02:08 PM   #67
camaro1&6

Moved forward today with the issue , feeling better that things will be done to make me Happy with my purchase. Just trying to comprehend how my car passed through and others passed through the QC. If you really don't care about the product the company your working for is top notch then go work somewhere else. Pride in American made needs to be first !! , this country needs the auto industry to be successful and if the workers fall back to their old habits then guess what people will stop buying, wake up and do Your job , Hard work and pride goes along way!!.... end of rant
Old 02-24-2016, 02:56 PM   #68
L&M CAMARO 6

Drives: Just a fan for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1&6 View Post
Moved forward today with the issue , feeling better that things will be done to make me Happy with my purchase. Just trying to comprehend how my car passed through and others passed through the QC. If you really don't care about the product the company your working for is top notch then go work somewhere else. Pride in American made needs to be first !! , this country needs the auto industry to be successful and if the workers fall back to their old habits then guess what people will stop buying, wake up and do Your job , Hard work and pride goes along way!!.... end of rant
I agree completely, but it may not be the poor hourly worker that is to blame 100%. Not when the boss keeps saying " lets go people we got customers waiting just let them go and let the dealers deal with it".
L&M CAMARO 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 04:04 PM   #69
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by L&M CAMARO 6 View Post
I agree completely, but it may not be the poor hourly worker that is to blame 100%. Not when the boss keeps saying " lets go people we got customers waiting just let them go and let the dealers deal with it".
If that's the case then Mary Barra is a failure and no better than any other GM head.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 04:53 PM   #70
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&M CAMARO 6 View Post
I can definitely see your point , but when I do my job . I whats best for the customer because they are the ones that really pay me . It should be a complete team effort, this country was built and is for the most part where it is because team work . I've coached little league baseball teams for 6yrs 5 out of 6 we went to the championship 3 out of 5 we won . Different teams and I taught and lead by team work . We weren't always the best but we played as a team!!. when we lost we lost as a team, maybe someone will get it . maybe a little off subject. But individuals can create problems Please don't become that individual company again, I love my chevys .