Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-02-2024, 02:46 AM   #57
Chris Durant

Drives: 2023 Vivid Orange Camaro 1LT
Mine went from $850 every 6 months up to $1320 around 2 months ago. Gieco and they could care less, called more than 2 times, nothing they can do. They said the Government regulates these things and they were approved to raise rates 38%, so they did. She said they expect large loss's this year. Weird because if you look them up they made hundreds of millions last year. I have no claims in over 20 years and no tickets for more than 15, and the couple before that were parking tickets. The whole thing is a scam, they do not want you owning cars, this current Government. Also we called 5 major companies, all were more money, State Farm, Allstate, the only one that quoted better was Mercury, but I was not sure, so we did some research, decided to take there offer and all the sudden they were not writing new policies, another scam I am sure. This Country is run by dishonest people that let this happed to good honest average Americans. Thats my take :-)
Chris Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 03:32 PM   #58
MattZ

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS - Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Durant View Post
Mine went from $850 every 6 months up to $1320 around 2 months ago. Gieco and they could care less, called more than 2 times, nothing they can do. They said the Government regulates these things and they were approved to raise rates 38%, so they did. She said they expect large loss's this year. Weird because if you look them up they made hundreds of millions last year. I have no claims in over 20 years and no tickets for more than 15, and the couple before that were parking tickets. The whole thing is a scam, they do not want you owning cars, this current Government. Also we called 5 major companies, all were more money, State Farm, Allstate, the only one that quoted better was Mercury, but I was not sure, so we did some research, decided to take there offer and all the sudden they were not writing new policies, another scam I am sure. This Country is run by dishonest people that let this happed to good honest average Americans. Thats my take :-)
I have a buddy who is an insurance broker and he got my rate down from almost $4500 per year for 3 cars, down to about $3600 per year for 3 cars. The yearly amount on just my 2023 2ss is $1398 (500k/500k on everything with medical coverage included)
MattZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 04:06 PM   #59
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Weird. Geico did the same crap to me. I didn’t even call them as I was annoyed at them for doing it. Went with Allstate and they matched what I used to pay Geico. Not sure why you didn’t have as much luck with Allstate.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 06:01 PM   #60
MattZ

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS - Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Weird. Geico did the same crap to me. I didn’t even call them as I was annoyed at them for doing it. Went with Allstate and they matched what I used to pay Geico. Not sure why you didn’t have as much luck with Allstate.
I switched to allstate after being with AAA for over 15 years then after a few years allstate pulled the same crap so I left and signed up with my buddy's insurance quote. Saved me about $900 a year even after upgrading to a brand new car coming from a 25 year old Trans am to a new 2ss.
MattZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 06:30 PM   #61
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattZ View Post
I switched to allstate after being with AAA for over 15 years then after a few years allstate pulled the same crap so I left and signed up with my buddy's insurance quote. Saved me about $900 a year even after upgrading to a brand new car coming from a 25 year old Trans am to a new 2ss.
They all go up on everyone after so many years. I had Esurance and they really jacked it up years ago.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 10:32 PM   #62
White1SS

Drives: White 2024 1SS M6
I have my 2024 SS1 insured through Grundy. It's insured as a non daily with a couple restrictions, and an agreed value of 45k. 600/yr.
White1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 11:35 PM   #63
paradigm

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I agree completely with you. They dont want us owning cars, homes, etc. basically want everyone to rent a small box, ride bicycles everywhere and become some sort of lgbtq mental illness patient.

My insurance jumped with liberty mutual and everyone else I called was even higher. Ended up moving the camaro over to Hagerty because I hardly drive it.
Old 02-06-2024, 06:10 PM   #64
cmrothenb

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfin View Post
I would like to see what you guys are paying across the USA. Here in Florida we are raped on all types of insurance. .....
Johnny come late to this one, but I have the '21 SS, 22 Accord Sport, and a 08 Taco at Gieco for $1,258/6mo for all 3 here in North Ga. We're 60(me) and 62.

Two claims in last 5 yrs, but I was hit both times. At a damn stop light for the worst one which was close to a total. No longer have that '17 Taco. I also have only 100/300 BI, so I have half of your coverage for BI. The Camaro and Accord are full converage/500 Deduct, and the old Taco is just comprehesive and $750 Deduct.
cmrothenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 06:54 PM   #65
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
That's about the dumbest idea I've read this week. Last time I checked, most insurers are private companies and they're allowed to make a profit and charge at least what they need to operate their business, except in places they can't where prevented from raising rates precipitously by law.

Cars/sales tax, registrations, plates, fuel taxes are a massive revenue stream for city, state, and federal governments. Why would they not want you to own a car, again?

I don't take their side, but I can see why rates have increased. Losses have increased. Cars are more expensive to repair. Do you have any proof of your government conspiracy other than belly-aching about Geico?
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 07:21 PM   #66
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
That's about the dumbest idea I've read this week. Last time I checked, most insurers are private companies and they're allowed to make a profit and charge at least what they need to operate their business, except in places they can't where prevented from raising rates precipitously by law.

Cars/sales tax, registrations, plates, fuel taxes are a massive revenue stream for city, state, and federal governments. Why would they not want you to own a car, again?

I don't take their side, but I can see why rates have increased. Losses have increased. Cars are more expensive to repair. Do you have any proof of your government conspiracy other than belly-aching about Geico?
It's more nuanced than both "the government wants to take away your cars" and "the government enjoys taxes levied on cars and will not take them away"... I did have conversations with my agent (Allstate) about this, and he said there were two main reasons for the increases in premiums: first, the number of accidents especially with the younger demographic, and second, very quickly growing repair costs with all the expensive electronics (sensors, cameras etc.) in modern cars that are very often damaged. Nothing was blamed on any government mandate.

My vehicle history is fairly good and my raise wouldn't have been completely outrageous, but he worked with me and together we tweaked the policy so in the end I'm paying less than last year.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 07:21 PM   #67
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I am blessed and cursed, my car qualifies under classic car insurance only because it’s a camaro? And 50% of the time it’s ****ing winter but the other 50% is $750 a year with full what you paid for replacement coverage.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 07:35 PM   #68
jfkheat
jfkheat

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue ZL1
I've been with State Farm for 30 or so years. I'm 66 with a clean driving record. I need to check with other companies to see what rates I can get with them.

2022 Silverado LTZ $821.37 / 6 mos
2023 Camaro ZL1 $1,097.54 / 6 mos
2024 Camaro 2SS $830.61 / 6 mos
jfkheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 09:19 AM   #69
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by White1SS View Post
I have my 2024 SS1 insured through Grundy. It's insured as a non daily with a couple restrictions, and an agreed value of 45k. 600/yr.
I saw this and contacted Grundy for a quote. Agreed value of $40k. $713/year.
Came with these restrictions:
<<<In consideration of the premium charged, it is hereby understood and agreed that any vehicle insured under this policy will be used for hobby purposes and exhibition and will not be used primarily for general transportation. It will not be used for backup transportation, or for errands, except for occasional pleasure use. It will not be driven to work or school or used for business or commercial purposes. The vehicle will not be used for towing, hauling or off-road use.
It is further understood and agreed that any vehicle insured under this policy will not be used to participate in any rally gymkhana, speed contest, race or timed event of any kind.>>>

I guess I'll stick with my current insurer, which is around $1350/year, IF I have full coverage all year. Since I take it down to comp only during storage (Oct-Apr), I'm not really paying $1350, it's probably more like $8-900 total. Granted not agreed value, but I take pics of the car every Spring coming out of storage to prove low miles (around 10k right now) and condition (pristine). That way if I do have a total loss I can argue with the adjuster that it's worth more than the average DD Camaro. According to my (independent) agent, my insurer will listen to appeals for valuation if you don't agree with what they come up with. "They are pretty good to work with" his words. Citizens/Hanover.
The Grundy restrictions are too much. I do drive the car nearly every day in nice weather in the summer, but not to-from work. I could see them arguing that I was driving it more than a "show car" and denying a claim. They could also claim it's a "backup" vehicle, because in essence, it is. If my Adacia breaks, I'll drive the Camaro (unless it's raining. Or winter).
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 09:36 AM   #70
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
I've been with State Farm for 30 or so years. I'm 66 with a clean driving record. I need to check with other companies to see what rates I can get with them.

2022 Silverado LTZ $821.37 / 6 mos
2023 Camaro ZL1 $1,097.54 / 6 mos
2024 Camaro 2SS $830.61 / 6 mos
State Farm tends to be one of the more expensive groups around. My ZL1 for the entire year is about $1700.