Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-15-2023, 07:50 PM   #57
JKOR

Drives: 2023 1SS 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdkilz911 View Post
Do you have an order/workbench number?
Yes.
JKOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 07:55 PM   #58
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Just do not buy a used 2020 2SS Vert M6, you may never know!

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 03:13 PM   #59
LAST_GEN_1LE

Drives: 2023 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKOR View Post
After contacting nearly all dealers in the northwest. Knudtsen Chevrolet in north Idaho worked out best. Though, they do not have any allocations like everyone. I’m only at dealer placed the order but GM has not yet accepted. I believe they are just hoping GM picks up the order. It’s outrageous that people want to buy but, gm wont let peole buy.
Agreed, I tried to order a 2023 earlier this year and every dealer local to me just laughed. One offered me an incoming zl1 with a 15k markup that they'd knock down to 10k . I was going to start shopping out of state when I found an incoming car at a dealer in Hermiston. Dealers been great to work with, not so much with Chevrolet. If the 1le cars weren't so much better than the "comparable" challengers and mustangs I would have given up on waiting months ago!
Old 08-17-2023, 09:05 AM   #60
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggler View Post
Used car prices are dropping like a rock, and with the price increases on '24, its added savings. If you find something you like at the right price, it may be worth while.
Yup. When my Raptor started having issues I traded it in, still got a pretty decent value even with 120K miles. Whoever signed me up for the carfax reminders never put it in the new owners name and it's been in the shop 4 times within the last 2-3 months. When I checked KBB just to see what it would be worth now had I have waited it dropped $10K in value from May to August.

Trucks even have several thousands off MSRP again. Nowhere near 2020 and lower but nothing besides halo vehicles even have markups anymore
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 09:13 AM   #61
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
It’s almost unbelievable used car prices are dropping like a stone with the new msrp increasing like they are
Probably because interest rates are so much higher on used than new. The only way to get anything decent is through dealer incentives. Even credit unions are mostly 5-6% on new. 10-11% on used used to be considered sub-prime and nowadays that's considered "good"
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote