Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-22-2020, 12:28 PM   #57
NotopSS

Drives: Chevy Camaro Gen6 2ss Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbrew View Post
I strongly suggest you get a holster and put it on your belt where it belongs. Ask yourself when you would need it? The only legally defensible time you would need it is if your car was disabled and you couldn’t exit stage left. Sure, you can live in a stand your ground state - but look how that’s gonna work out for the handicap parking space shooter (he’s screwed) - the reality is armed defense is a last resort. I wouldn’t shoot somebody over anything less than a me or him kind of thing. And I’d hate to explain to a jury of typical morons why I didn’t put it in gear and get the heck out of dodge. You might legally have the right to stay and fight in some states, but that doesn’t play well with juries. And even if you survive criminal prosecution, you’re still gonna take the legal ride and spend tens of thousands keeping yourself out of jail/hot water/whatever when you cap some dude. However deserving he may be. So... given all that, a reasonable defense is that your car is disabled. It may be disabled because somebody smacked into you. And if that’s the case, where’s your backseat gun now? Best case somewhere on the floor. Worst case, thirty feet in front of your car. An in car holster just isn’t going to give you the security you want.

God made holsters for a reason. Lifelong shooter, shooting instructor, and carried for many many years. You want that gun where you expect it to be if you need it. Not bouncing around jammed up under the seat or sliding down the road.

Reply . Theb only issue with this is the killer or robber wont give you a chance to pull up your shirt and reach for your hip holstered weapon. . We are talking about mounting a magnet mount to hold the weapon so it can.be drawn in a moments notice when its time to pull it. And when we leave the vehicle it will be on my person. Anyone who leaves a gun stashed or otherwise in a car unattended. Is just trying to get gun stolen..dont. be an idiot and give criminals a free gun they have enough . Think before you act. Secure your weapon
NotopSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 03:07 PM   #58
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '24 Blk A10 ZL-1 Vert
I'm a retired Texas Peace Officer and always carry when I drive, except to my new career as a federal civilian investigator. (Can't go armed onto a military base.) I'm old n fat, (working on the fat part...) and I carry in a fanny pack with all my other junk so I don't have to carry a purse. Like most, I've never had to draw a weapon off-duty, but as the Farmers Insurance ad goes, “We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two," I know what can happen if you need, but don't have.

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 04:27 PM   #59
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
I have a Wilson Combat holster strapped under my front seat angled just right. I have an identical one on my belt at 3:30/4. When I get in the car the Colt Commander goes in the holster under the seat. When I get out, it goes in the holster on my hip. The console will easily hold a S&W J frame in a pocket holster, AND spare mags for the Commander.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 04:49 PM   #60
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Only in America would this topic be a discussion point...

I have never been in a position where I was threatened to the point where I wished I was armed. I would bet most here haven't either. I'll choose to not carry and I hope if there ever is some confrontation I come across, that other person now all heated up isn't carrying either. And yes, I am a gun owner. They are in my locked gun case. I just can't see any need to carry or put some holster mount in my Camero. To each their own.

Be safe out there
My house hasn't caught on fire and I hope it never does, but that doesn't prevent me from having fire extinguishers in the kitchen, garage and basement. As the old adage says “Better to have, and not need, than to need, and not have”.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 05:25 PM   #61
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
My house hasn't caught on fire and I hope it never does, but that doesn't prevent me from having fire extinguishers in the kitchen, garage and basement. As the old adage says “Better to have, and not need, than to need, and not have”.
Agreed. Just like insurance.............

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 06:20 PM   #62
robertd33

Drives: 2018 2ss redline
project: free under-seat CCW holder.
2 screws & an old hard drive magnet. removed & opened module under driver's seat, screwed from inside for a secure attach. total time:45min.
my other idea was to cut a hole for the side clip & fit the barrel in the finger divot above the driver side visor, but i really didn't want to punch visible holes in it.

robertd33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 07:04 PM   #63
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Put your "piece" where the sun don't shine.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:37 AM   #64
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
I don't have a Particular Mount, but I do encourage everyone to be packing in this day age of Antifa and other Govt sanctioned terrorist groups.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:31 AM   #65
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post

I happen to have lived and worked internationally, still travel internationally 50% of my time for work, and almost all my international travels and living abroad are in countries that do not have anything like our 2nd amendment. And they also don't have anything like the gun violence that is somehow unique to us.
Gun violence is mostly unique to cities, by a ridiculous margin.

Sometimes I have to go into the city. At some point these unique people from the city(careful phrasing here) may show up in the area where I live.

I don't like keeping a gun close by but that's better than being an easy victim for some deranged lowlife(s).
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:45 AM   #66
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertd33 View Post
project: free under-seat CCW holder.
2 screws & an old hard drive magnet. removed & opened module under driver's seat, screwed from inside for a secure attach. total time:45min.
my other idea was to cut a hole for the side clip & fit the barrel in the finger divot above the driver side visor, but i really didn't want to punch visible holes in it.

That’s pretty cool.

Think the HDD magnet would suspend a G19?

I usually just keep it on me, but on longer drives the holsters start to dig into my side. Only one that doesn’t is my DeSantis Slim Tuck, but that’s an OWB, & I don’t use it very much.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:06 AM   #67
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I live in Polk County, Florida, home of Sheriff Grady Judd, a lot of you probably know who he is. He won't even hesitate to tell people to arm up and have them ready, so we always do what Sheriff Grady says.

Sheriff Grady will tell you that a Glock 26 with extended mag and spare mag fits nicely inside the console. He would also tell you that a Colt 1991 Commander size in 45 ACP with spare clip fits nicely as well...
Old 08-23-2020, 10:09 AM   #68
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brudda*Termite View Post
I live in Polk County, Florida, home of Sheriff Grady Judd, a lot of you probably know who he is. He won't even hesitate to tell people to arm up and have them ready, so we always do what Sheriff Grady says.

Sheriff Grady will tell you that a Glock 26 with extended mag and spare mag fits nicely inside the console. He would also tell you that a Colt 1991 Commander size in 45 ACP with spare clip fits nicely as well...
I grew up in Highlands.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:07 AM   #69
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeKnee Sea View Post
Honestly i'm blown away by the number of guys on this thread that carry a gun in their car. If you feel the need to carry and gun in your car then I have to wonder about where you all hang out that you need a gun or where you live that you cant go for a ride without feeling like to need to be "protected". I have guns, rifles, etc. but I never once thought about having one or needing one in the car.
If I felt because of my surroundings, I needed a gun in the car, i'd move and change my environment. To each is own but, lay off the protection angle - it's transparent and a convenient excuse.
What about people who go into unsavory/questionable neighborhoods to work? (Carpenters, electricians, sales people, city/county employees)

Or, being the victim of road rage, or even an out of control person during a traffic accident? Or any number of other possible scenarios…

Just be thankful you haven't seen, or been involved, in an incident that required having to defend yourself/bring force to de-escalate a situation.

I hope your luck holds!

I also doubt you'd cancel any of your insurance policies because you've never needed them and therefore do not need the "protection" they afford. In essence, this is what you're advocating.
Old 08-23-2020, 11:29 AM   #70
slimjim2525

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
I didn't read all the posts here, I would probably throw my computer through the TV if I did. Life is simple, do what you want. Don't like it here in the U.S., then leave. As a victim of a random act of violence in a very upscale town, and spent 4 days in the hospital, I can guarantee you it will never happen again. I was 18 at the time, and have been carrying 100% of the time for the last 30 years. Have situational awareness all the time. Go to dinner and demand to be seated facing the door. You should feel lucky that you're so cavalier to think it won't happen to me. If you don't think it can happen to you, then you're an idiot.