Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-20-2020, 03:50 PM   #6945
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I got a copy of their "25 Cars Worth Waiting For" on Saturday.

I thought of Bhobbs when I read this.
"It's a return to the stripped-down-for-action, high-revving, track-worthy Vette embodied by the 505-hp 7.0-liter V-8-powered C6 Z06 of 2006 through 2013.

This time, the Z06 will use a naturally aspirated DOHC 32-valve 5.5-liter V-8. Plus, it has a flat-plane crank, just like a Ferrari V-8. It should rev to between 8500 and 9000 rpm, spit out 600-plus horsepower, and shriek like something from Ferrari
."
I hope that’s the case. It may convince me to stop looking for a 5th gen Z/28 and put the money towards a C8 Z.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:17 PM   #6946
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:

"It's a return to the stripped-down-for-action, high-revving, track-worthy Vette embodied by the 505-hp 7.0-liter V-8-powered C6 Z06 of 2006 through 2013.

This time, the Z06 will use a naturally aspirated DOHC 32-valve 5.5-liter V-8. Plus, it has a flat-plane crank, just like a Ferrari V-8. It should rev to between 8500 and 9000 rpm, spit out 600-plus horsepower, and shriek like something from Ferrari
."
Please God let this be true
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:51 AM   #6947
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
So Speed Phenom has posted his latest video with lap times. No spoiler, here’s the video....

https://youtu.be/ykzNv_z6GHY

He ran side by side lap video and then also showed the Stingray lap through the PDR. Awesome. Everybody should have a PDR.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:50 AM   #6948
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
So Speed Phenom has posted his latest video with lap times. No spoiler, here’s the video....

He ran side by side lap video and then also showed the Stingray lap through the PDR. Awesome. Everybody should have a PDR.
Result surprised me
Old 04-21-2020, 08:43 AM   #6949
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:

Awesome! Just like I said, VIR Full extremely favors high hp and the GT500. Big Willow even favors high hp somewhat so 1.6 seconds there is an awesome win for the C8. When he gets his CFTP i bet its not 1.6 seconds in front of the C8.

Also amazing that SP is a good driver and Randy lapped the Redeye faster than SP lapped his GT500.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 09:43 AM   #6950
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Also amazing that SP is a good driver and Randy lapped the Redeye faster than SP lapped his GT500.
Crazy the difference in speed between pros and "good" amateurs.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:43 AM   #6951
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
What surprised me most is the composure difference. Just watch the steering wheel and camera in both cars. One is working 90% of the time, the other is smooth with minimal adjustments...
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 09:48 AM   #6952
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
This is something that's hard to really grasp until you're on track with someone at that level. I learned it when I was racing bikes... I was at the fast end of the local crowd, but there were a couple guys that ran AMA supersport/superbike that would show up once in a while. It was pretty humbling. And those were the guys that could barely make the top 10 at a national race...
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:28 AM   #6953
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:

Wow, I'm surprised a bit at the results, as Big Willow tends to favor HP cars. It also favors aero cars as well with the long sweeping turns.

Which reminds me, in the link I posted about the C8 Z06, they mentioned a bunch of stuff we heard rumors of many times, EXCEPT, they said there would be active aero.

I was wondering about active aero before both the base C8 and GT500 came out, and if either would have it. Active aero would make the GT500 even more of a monster. The aero can go into low drag mode during straights for high speed, then go into full downforce in the turns. With such a high HP and big/heavy car, the GT500 would really benefit from some active aero (of course so would any car, but you know what I mean).

Can you imagine what the C8 Z06 will do with 100 more HP, bigger tires/brakes, etc., AND active aero? And don't get me started on what the rumored ZR1 (or whatever they call it), with a 800+ TT motor in it? Chevy is really going next level here. Let's just hope the economy doesn't shut the party down to early...
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:04 PM   #6954
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
This is something that's hard to really grasp until you're on track with someone at that level. I learned it when I was racing bikes... I was at the fast end of the local crowd, but there were a couple guys that ran AMA supersport/superbike that would show up once in a while. It was pretty humbling. And those were the guys that could barely make the top 10 at a national race...
I hear ya. I'm getting better at catching my own cockyness if I start running everyone down in my group. I know there's someone out there who could smoke me in a much less capable car.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:08 PM   #6955
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Wow, I'm surprised a bit at the results, as Big Willow tends to favor HP cars. It also favors aero cars as well with the long sweeping turns.

Which reminds me, in the link I posted about the C8 Z06, they mentioned a bunch of stuff we heard rumors of many times, EXCEPT, they said there would be active aero.

I was wondering about active aero before both the base C8 and GT500 came out, and if either would have it. Active aero would make the GT500 even more of a monster. The aero can go into low drag mode during straights for high speed, then go into full downforce in the turns. With such a high HP and big/heavy car, the GT500 would really benefit from some active aero (of course so would any car, but you know what I mean).

Can you imagine what the C8 Z06 will do with 100 more HP, bigger tires/brakes, etc., AND active aero? And don't get me started on what the rumored ZR1 (or whatever they call it), with a 800+ TT motor in it? Chevy is really going next level here. Let's just hope the economy doesn't shut the party down to early...
For now, I'm going to assume they'll find a way to build a C8Z that competes with a GT2RS for around $100K, i.e. the Z07 package. It will disrupt laptimes the same way the C6Z and C6ZR did back in the day.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:21 PM   #6956
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Wait to see how far off he is in the CFTP for the direct comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
What surprised me most is the composure difference. Just watch the steering wheel and camera in both cars. One is working 90% of the time, the other is smooth with minimal adjustments...
I noticed that immediately as well, but that's very understandable not surprising 495hp and mid engine vs 760hp front engine.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:27 PM   #6957
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Wait to see how far off he is in the CFTP for the direct comparison.

I noticed that immediately as well, but that's very understandable not surprising 495hp and mid engine vs 760hp front engine.
Not a lot of power being use approaching and through the Apex by the sound in the video - has more to do with the front heavy chassis constantly giving up front tire grip - AND, if I have to be honest, appears to be pushing a lot closer to the edge than the C8.

Either way, good comparison of two base cars that are mostly apples to oranges.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:36 PM   #6958
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinzx14r View Post
My wife is a CCRN working ICU and CCU for 40 years ..One mask for a 12 to 16 hour shift ..Nobody is bringing her food or any PPE stuff .. No extra pay for being on the front lines . She can't even get a test for covid19 ..
A buddy of mine is a project manager for a construction company here outside Chicago and he has been at McCormick place helping set it up into a field hospital. They requisitioned all of his crews masks and stuff. Said the workers wearing masks and protective gears sends a bad message.

Quote:

."
Very promising, I will still believe it when I see it though.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote