Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-16-2020, 08:23 AM   #6931
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
You are good people Blaq. Respect. I hope you can get some good protective gear. for all those that don't. Health care should never be for profit unless you are treating the very rich.
Healthcare is very challenging right now. Soo much is going on. I wish I could explain it all. Or even talk about it all. I think some things will go back to normal while other things will never be the same again. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out in the next few years. But anyway, thanks for the kind words. I am doing the best I can. We've got doctors now spending more and more time with patients trying to figure out what works. Nurses and aides working tirelessly and endlessly to do their part. And even outside the hospitals and healthcare facilities there are hotels, restaurants, diners, clothing stores, convenience stores, etc all doing whatever they can to support the facilities. Some places are bringing free breakfasts, lunches, and dinners every day. Some hotels are offering free rooms every day. I would argue that these guys are heroes too because without the support our heath care system would have collapsed already. Even the public is doing their part. We're all going thru Hell. Those stuck at home are struggling with bills. Those of us working are struggling to keep ourselves and families safe. Those providing support are likewise struggling to keep us afloat. We've all got our own crosses to bear. But we will get thru this eventually.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 12:31 PM   #6932
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I have considered. Very high startup capital. Even higher risk. Not gonna happen.
Engineers are far too smart to sell cars anyways.

Before I got my degree, I was one of the best salesmen in the nation selling electronics in a department store in the early 90's, but I did not do well selling cars.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:42 PM   #6933
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Engineers are far too smart to sell cars anyways.

Before I got my degree, I was one of the best salesmen in the nation selling electronics in a department store in the early 90's, but I did not do well selling cars.
Makes sense.

I'm an engineer with my own small business, so I have to "sell" all the time. However, my approach is to simply show what my systems can do and let the prospective customer decide if it's the right fit. If I were to spin my story just to get them to pull the trigger when it actually was not a good fit, then both of us will be very unhappy at the end of the project. For me, it's all about finding great fits in both the technology and the application as well as with how well my style fits with theirs. I want to genuinely like working with them and I want them to genuinely like working with me without either party having to force anything... that approach to business would be impossible saling cars.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:09 PM   #6934
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I have a natural talent of just making people mad at me!!
Sometimes you come off like a blowhard!
1998 Monte Carlo SS
1980 Cutlass Supreme 403
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:52 PM   #6935
smokinzx14r

Drives: 2018 1SS
Quote:
Healthcare is very challenging right now. Soo much is going on. I wish I could explain it all. Or even talk about it all. I think some things will go back to normal while other things will never be the same again. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out in the next few years. But anyway, thanks for the kind words. I am doing the best I can. We've got doctors now spending more and more time with patients trying to figure out what works. Nurses and aides working tirelessly and endlessly to do their part. And even outside the hospitals and healthcare facilities there are hotels, restaurants, diners, clothing stores, convenience stores, etc all doing whatever they can to support the facilities. Some places are bringing free breakfasts, lunches, and dinners every day. Some hotels are offering free rooms every day. I would argue that these guys are heroes too because without the support our heath care system would have collapsed already. Even the public is doing their part. We're all going thru Hell. Those stuck at home are struggling with bills. Those of us working are struggling to keep ourselves and families safe. Those providing support are likewise struggling to keep us afloat. We've all got our own crosses to bear. But we will get thru this eventually.
My wife is a CCRN working ICU and CCU for 40 years ..One mask for a 12 to 16 hour shift ..Nobody is bringing her food or any PPE stuff .. No extra pay for being on the front lines . She can't even get a test for covid19 ..
smokinzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 02:48 AM   #6936
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Newmoon
Bingo. Hopefully his gt350 isn't experiencing any of the common issues.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:36 AM   #6937
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
Sometimes you come off like a blowhard!
Thanks!! I actually like that!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinzx14r View Post
My wife is a CCRN working ICU and CCU for 40 years ..One mask for a 12 to 16 hour shift ..Nobody is bringing her food or any PPE stuff .. No extra pay for being on the front lines . She can't even get a test for covid19 ..
I never thought I'd see the day when New Yorkers treat people better than Southerners. The world really is upside down.

Tell your wife to sign up to work in NY or NJ. She will get some killer money and all her needs will be taken care of from free rooms to meals to transportation...NY Presbyterian is even renting out scrubs for free. And so far I have not seen even one used pair being handed out. All are new with tags on it. You wear your clothes into the hospital and then go to the stand and they give you a set. And all they ask is that you return the set after your shift. They do not require a deposit or even signing them in or out. And she can easily make $7K-$10K per week after taxes for a 36-48 hour work week. I mean, if you're getting exposed to CV-19 anyway, you might as well be making a shit load of money. A 13 week contract could be over $100K take home easily. We need all the help we can get. And NJ rates are sky high right now also. This is the time to jump in. PM me and I'll tell you the good agencies that I know of.
Old 04-17-2020, 04:53 PM   #6938
smokinzx14r

Drives: 2018 1SS
Quote:
Thanks!! I actually like that!!

I never thought I'd see the day when New Yorkers treat people better than Southerners. The world really is upside down.

Tell your wife to sign up to work in NY or NJ. She will get some killer money and all her needs will be taken care of from free rooms to meals to transportation...NY Presbyterian is even renting out scrubs for free. And so far I have not seen even one used pair being handed out. All are new with tags on it. You wear your clothes into the hospital and then go to the stand and they give you a set. And all they ask is that you return the set after your shift. They do not require a deposit or even signing them in or out. And she can easily make $7K-$10K per week after taxes for a 36-48 hour work week. I mean, if you're getting exposed to CV-19 anyway, you might as well be making a shit load of money. A 13 week contract could be over $100K take home easily. We need all the help we can get. And NJ rates are sky high right now also. This is the time to jump in. PM me and I'll tell you the good agencies that I know of.
She was offered 88k for 6 weeks in a New York hospital .. She is old and worn out and wants to retire after 40+ years of being a RN , so she turned it down ..
smokinzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:35 PM   #6939
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinzx14r View Post
She was offered 88k for 6 weeks in a New York hospital .. She is old and worn out and wants to retire after 40+ years of being a RN , so she turned it down ..
Yea there is only so much value to money. Some of these hospitals in NY are not too bad but others are a nightmare...word of mouth from my coworkers. I can't say I blame her.

Still tho, lol, $88K for a 6 week contract is a 2020 C8 in your driveway by June 1st!! If she was my wife I would probably try to nudge her ever soo gently towards doing it, lol!!
Old 04-17-2020, 10:29 PM   #6940
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Yea there is only so much value to money. Some of these hospitals in NY are not too bad but others are a nightmare...word of mouth from my coworkers. I can't say I blame her.

Still tho, lol, $88K for a 6 week contract is a 2020 C8 in your driveway by June 1st!! If she was my wife I would probably try to nudge her ever soo gently towards doing it, lol!!
Butl you have to weigh the $$ vs the risk. I don't beleive many health care workers are doing it just for the $$ right now. They are mercenary soldiers and should get the same respect as our uniformed soldiers. They are risking thier lives to save others. And many times here in the US they are going in unarmed.

Every one of them deserves at the very least a C8 or two.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:01 PM   #6941
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Has anyone seen this yet? C8 Z06 numbers!!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...onfirmed-2021/
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 02:49 PM   #6942
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Has anyone seen this yet? C8 Z06 numbers!!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...onfirmed-2021/
I got a copy of their "25 Cars Worth Waiting For" on Saturday.

I thought of Bhobbs when I read this.
"It's a return to the stripped-down-for-action, high-revving, track-worthy Vette embodied by the 505-hp 7.0-liter V-8-powered C6 Z06 of 2006 through 2013.

This time, the Z06 will use a naturally aspirated DOHC 32-valve 5.5-liter V-8. Plus, it has a flat-plane crank, just like a Ferrari V-8. It should rev to between 8500 and 9000 rpm, spit out 600-plus horsepower, and shriek like something from Ferrari
."

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 03:06 PM   #6943
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I got a copy of their "25 Cars Worth Waiting For" on Saturday.

I thought of Bhobbs when I read this.
"It's a return to the stripped-down-for-action, high-revving, track-worthy Vette embodied by the 505-hp 7.0-liter V-8-powered C6 Z06 of 2006 through 2013.

This time, the Z06 will use a naturally aspirated DOHC 32-valve 5.5-liter V-8. Plus, it has a flat-plane crank, just like a Ferrari V-8. It should rev to between 8500 and 9000 rpm, spit out 600-plus horsepower, and shriek like something from Ferrari
."
Looks like a lot of the rumors are turning out to be true. If that's the case, there will be a 5.5L FPC TT coming next...

But I'm glad the Z06 will go back to some N/A roots. I am sure this will be a track BEAST. Can't wait to see what it does in the wild. It's a long while off, but we all knew it was coming.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 03:34 PM   #6944
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Sounds great, the Z06 purists should be happy about almost all of that except no manual.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote