#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-24-2020, 03:08 PM   #645
PeteD

Drives: 2012 2SS Victory Red with white st
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
The most inane thing about all this is that with few exceptions, if you’re a Democrat, you’re hook, line and sinker with Covid-19. You fear the virus, you wear a mask, you chastise those who don’t, you hate Trump and mostly blame him for 2020. If you’re a conservative, you wear a mask only if forced, you’re skeptical about the virus in general, you don’t care who wears a mask or not. You’re ok with Trump and realize that the RESPONSE to the virus, not the virus itself, was COMPLETELY overblown and still is.

In a country so politically divided, even its contagion took a side.
Or you could be one that you did not list. The common sense side. The one who wears the mask because they say it "could" keep you from catching covid. not because you are forced. not because you were asked. But because the common sense the good lord gave you kicked in and you decided to do it on your own. Just like taking vitamin c "could" help prevent you from catching a cold. The flu shot "could" help prevent you from getting the flu. Vaccinations "could" help prevent you from getting polio. Changing the oil in your car regularly "could" prolong the life of the engine. Flushing the toilet aftr using it "could" keep the smell down. Just common sense things that no one really has to tell you. You just know
Old 10-24-2020, 03:16 PM   #646
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
I always get a kick from reading these kind of threads to see how long it takes for the original subject (Has this corona issue affected your job) to go completely off the rails and to become something entirely different!

I`M SORRY FOR INTERRUPTING YOUR PETTY PISS FIGHT..........carry on!
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 03:38 PM   #647
PeteD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
I always get a kick from reading these kind of threads to see how long it takes for the original subject (Has this corona issue affected your job) to go completely off the rails and to become something entirely different!

Always happens when someone thinks they know everything
Old 10-24-2020, 03:53 PM   #648
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post

Ok, to bring it all back...yes, the utter insanity of what 2020 has brought made decide to retire. My company - who’s based in MI and STILL can’t go to the office, decided it was ok for ME to resume traveling to 9 states, mostly by air. Not that the virus scares me but the hassle of all the new (with more coming) Covid rules, mandates, edicts and horse pucky, I said screw it, I quit. Plus, I want my Social Security check before Covid stimulus payouts evaporates what’s left of SS.

You can’t tell me on one hand to wear a mask, serve individual meals, limit family and stay no longer than 2 hrs at Thanksgiving but it’s ok to expose yourself to travel and sales calls.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:01 PM   #649
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Walmart is safe, but your church is a hot spot for the virus.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:03 PM   #650
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
PA had drive in movies closed.
Explain how sitting in your own car is dangerous.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:11 PM   #651
Moto-Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Walmart is safe, but your church is a hot spot for the virus.
Not if you bust out in Walmart a spirited rendition of, “Swing Low Sweet Chariot.”
Old 10-24-2020, 05:15 PM   #652
Moto-Mojo

A ‘mask mandate’ will bring with it enforcement. That means, cuffs, cracked heads, jail time, lawyers, expenses and a criminal record. THAT’s what is wrong with wearing a mask. Got Gulags? Vote Sanders / Harris! (Joe’s a temporary stand in)
Old 10-24-2020, 07:47 PM   #653
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
Or you could be one that you did not list. The common sense side. The one who wears the mask because they say it "could" keep you from catching covid. not because you are forced. not because you were asked. But because the common sense the good lord gave you kicked in and you decided to do it on your own. Just like taking vitamin c "could" help prevent you from catching a cold. The flu shot "could" help prevent you from getting the flu. Vaccinations "could" help prevent you from getting polio. Changing the oil in your car regularly "could" prolong the life of the engine. Flushing the toilet aftr using it "could" keep the smell down. Just common sense things that no one really has to tell you. You just know
Except nobody forces you to do any of the other common sense things you list. So clearly it is about control and not common sense.

Real common sense would be to recognize that masks are not going to protect you and, if getting covid concerns you, adjusting your behavior accordingly.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 09:25 PM   #654
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Except nobody forces you to do any of the other common sense things you list. So clearly it is about control and not common sense.

Real common sense would be to recognize that masks are not going to protect you and, if getting covid concerns you, adjusting your behavior accordingly.
That’s how I feel about seat belts and motorcycle helmets. Fu€k seatbelts and helmets, they’re for pussies.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:09 PM   #655
PeteD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post

Actually it is about control. Self control. What don't you guys get? maybe you don't want to get? Actually someone does force you to do it. You force yourself. Jeez. Go ahead and walk across the road without looking.....Let me know how many times it works for you. I'll wait.

How can you even think what I stated is about control? No one is telling you , that you have to take a flu shot. You either do or don't. just keep your mouth shut if you catch the flu but did not take the flu shot. That is your problem. no one wants to hear about it. Catch a cold and don't take vitamin C? Too bad. I don't care

As far as adjust your behavior accordingly????? Um let's see. The CDC says that wearing a mask when out in public places can cut your chances in half over not wearing one. Adjust you behavior and wear it as opposed to not wearing........Pretty simple

Last edited by PeteD; 10-24-2020 at 10:24 PM.
PeteD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:11 PM   #656
PeteD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
I was raised if it’s yellow, let it mellow. If it’s brown you flush it down. Conserve water.
And I was raised stupid is as stupid does. Along with other wonderful values like holding someone accountable for their wrong doings. People with a pecker use the men's restroom, and people with, well, you know, use the other. Rather than blame on something or someone else. You did it , now take your medicine
Old 10-24-2020, 10:13 PM   #657
PeteD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
That’s how I feel about seat belts and motorcycle helmets. Fu€k seatbelts and helmets, they’re for pussies.
Well there ya go. When something happens don't come whining about all I could think about was my family or crap like that. You should have thought about that before hand. let your family go broke by paying your medical expenses. Picking your lame body up out of bed and wiping your rear because you can't. Because I am not going to do it
Old 10-24-2020, 10:29 PM   #658
PeteD

All it boils down to is people who do not want to do what is asked of them is self centered and just plain do not care about ANYONE but themselves.......PERIOD.

Does not matter if it is correct or not. Sometimes you do stuff to benefit the greater good. They are the ones on TV at the parties or in crowds and end up in the hospital moaning , groaning and crying saying I wish I would have listened. I don't wish this on anyone. Too bad. I have no pity for you

You can put up all the numbers (that change daily) , all the graphs and charts (that change daily) and bitch and moan with every excuse in the book. This is not the flu, not a cold, not something that is magically going to go poof in the night and be gone. But I always say, you can't fix stupid. but mother nature always has a way to level the playing field.....If you catch this and give it to someone else by being stupid , and they die.......You should be charged and convicted of manslaughter. Just like any other stupid thing you do that results in someone else's death like drinking and driving.

And before everyone says a mask does not guarantee you will not get it. I understand that 100%. I do. but what you don't get is the possibility that it could prevent "you" from getting it. Don't want to wear it ? Fine. Go about your daily business as normal. Take it home by being stupid. When it kills your child, wife, husband, parents. Keep it to yourself. No one wants to hear it. Just sit quietly and become one of those numbers on the charts you like to reference.........

Last edited by PeteD; 10-24-2020 at 10:57 PM.
PeteD is offline   Reply With Quote