Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #547
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Wow

Manziel lol. Claps hands for the kid.

Losing his 2 best lineman in the draft Sumlin better get more in this recruiting class
After a year like this. Folks will practice to have your head on a stick lol

Oh well. 1 more game then we move on.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #548
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Old 01-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #549
PQ
Booooosted.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #550
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
41-13....GIG'EM!!!!

What a second half! The Aggie defense stepped up and shut down the Sooners in the second half.

Great year for Coach Sumlin and the Aggies!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #551
PQ
Booooosted.

Ok. Few items real quick.

1. OMG, those announcers were morons. Why do people still refer to Stoops as "Defensive Guru"?

2. OU gave up 268 yards. IN THE 3RD QUARTER.

3. Nother 700+ yards given up on defense.

4. Read item 1 again.

5. How can a team with so much talent be so mediocre?

6. At least A&M scored less against OU than their average against the SEC.

OH well. Game went about as I figured for them. I guessed OU would score more but then it WAS a bowl game. I forgot that factor. So par for the Bob Stoops course now.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #552
NoSyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ok. Few items real quick.

1. OMG, those announcers were morons. Why do people still refer to Stoops as "Defensive Guru"?

2. OU gave up 268 yards. IN THE 3RD QUARTER.

3. Nother 700+ yards given up on defense.

4. Read item 1 again.

5. How can a team with so much talent be so mediocre?

6. At least A&M scored less against OU than their average against the SEC.

OH well. Game went about as I figured for them. I guessed OU would score more but then it WAS a bowl game. I forgot that factor. So par for the Bob Stoops course now.
1. Agreed...they were terrible. Stoops has always had problems against a spread offense.

2. GREAT half time adjustments.....these boys had something to prove.

3. Johnny Manziel is the 2nd player with 200+ rush yards and 200+ passing yards in a bowl game. The other was Vince Young in the 2006 Rose Bowl.

4. The student beats the former master.

5. Thats how Aggie fans felt last year

6. Actually, the A&M average points against the SEC was 39 points...so we upped that a little bit.

I thought it would be much closer than what it was. It's just hard to account for Johnny Football.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #553
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSyT View Post
1. Agreed...they were terrible. Stoops has always had problems against a spread offense.

2. GREAT half time adjustments.....these boys had something to prove.

3. Johnny Manziel is the 2nd player with 200+ rush yards and 200+ passing yards in a bowl game. The other was Vince Young in the 2006 Rose Bowl.

4. The student beats the former master.

5. Thats how Aggie fans felt last year

6. Actually, the A&M average points against the SEC was 39 points...so we upped that a little bit.

I thought it would be much closer than what it was. It's just hard to account for Johnny Football.
During the game it said that they were second all time SEC in ppg against conference opponents with 44.6 and number one was Florida one year with Spurrier with 46.2 ppg.

It was one of the trivia questions.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #554
NoSyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
During the game it said that they were second all time SEC in ppg against conference opponents with 44.6 and number one was Florida one year with Spurrier with 46.2 ppg.

It was one of the trivia questions.
Not sure where they got that from...

Points against SEC opp this season:

Florida 17 Loss
Arky 58 Win
Ole Miss 30 Win
LSU 19 Loss
Auburn 63 Win
Miss St 38 Win
Bama 29 Win
Mizzou 59 Win

Total 313
divide by 8 = 39.125 vs SEC

They averaged 44.6 against theire ENTIRE schedule, including Sam Houston State, La Tech, etc.

Their quote is misleading....
Old 01-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #555
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Not sure where they got that from...

Points against SEC opp this season:

Florida 17 Loss
Arky 58 Win
Ole Miss 30 Win
LSU 19 Loss
Auburn 63 Win
Miss St 38 Win
Bama 29 Win
Mizzou 59 Win

Total 313
divide by 8 = 39.125 vs SEC

They averaged 44.6 against theire ENTIRE schedule, including Sam Houston State, La Tech, etc.

Their quote is misleading....
Damn. Ok.

Stupid Network. lol

Ok, fine.

Glad to see that OU was able to bring that down a tad.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:13 AM   #556
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Well, I wish the Pooners and ATM could of both lost!!! BUT, I will always pull for a TEXAS first...............yes, even if they are in the $EC. Pooner fans can now enter the "REBUILDING" phase. How would you like to be Stoops & Brown following Sumlin around the state of Texas trying to recruit...."picking up crumbs left on the floor". Good game ATM!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #557
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

I have a question lol

Since when did they start dropping confetti and offering 4ft trophies when you win the cotton bowl ? LoL

Yes it was a great game for the aggies.
I swear after the game last night every single news channel was going on and on and on about the aggies win. If it were a NC game they may have ran the news cast an extra two hours.

Hey PQ like my coach I think yours is getting a Gut lol
Old 01-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #558
NoSyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
I have a question lol

Since when did they start dropping confetti and offering 4ft trophies when you win the cotton bowl ? LoL

Yes it was a great game for the aggies.
I swear after the game last night every single news channel was going on and on and on about the aggies win. If it were a NC game they may have ran the news cast an extra two hours.

Hey PQ like my coach I think yours is getting a Gut lol
I watched LSU beat the Aggies in the Cotton Bowl 2 years ago while I was in Iraq and they had the same trophy. The new Cotton Bowl Trophy first came out in 2010 and it's only 3 ft tall, lol. What I didn't realize is that the base of it is sculpted to look like the Jerry Dome....

http://www.rsowens.com/galleries/cus...p?ITEM_ID=2729

For a team that most thought would wind up with a 6-6 record at best...(I remember some posts about the Aggies getting beat up in the SEC by you 'Horns fans)...yet ended up with a Heisman Trophy winner, 11-2 on the season, and slapped the Big XII-2 "co-champs" around in the cotton bowl, I think the should get some justified recognition on the news.

How do you think the news would have been if OU had beaten A&M? Think you would have heard a little or a lot about beating the former Big XII Aggies??? You go with the story.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #559
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Great showing for A&M. They were every bit as good as advertised. We had no answer for Manziel and our line play left much to be desired...again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
Pooner fans can now enter the "REBUILDING" phase.
I'm sorry, who's rebuilding?
2010 5-7
2011 8-5
2012 9-4

Bob and company are enjoying his 3rd consecutive 10+ win season.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #560
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Quote:
I watched LSU beat the Aggies in the Cotton Bowl 2 years ago while I was in Iraq and they had the same trophy. The new Cotton Bowl Trophy first came out in 2010 and it's only 3 ft tall, lol. What I didn't realize is that the base of it is sculpted to look like the Jerry Dome....

http://www.rsowens.com/galleries/cus...p?ITEM_ID=2729

For a team that most thought would wind up with a 6-6 record at best...(I remember some posts about the Aggies getting beat up in the SEC by you 'Horns fans)...yet ended up with a Heisman Trophy winner, 11-2 on the season, and slapped the Big XII-2 "co-champs" around in the cotton bowl, I think the should get some justified recognition on the news.

How do you think the news would have been if OU had beaten A&M? Think you would have heard a little or a lot about beating the former Big XII Aggies??? You go with the story.
First off congrats to your team and fan base on the win and season.

( Yes I give it when its deserved )

I didnt know about the New trophy. Normally they dont show that presentation on Tv. Or the team singing there fight song or post game comments live.

No if OU won they would have had the normal closing moments then gone on to the News and there would have been a short 3 minute stint during the News and a 5 minute clip of highlights and comments during Sports. Same thing if Texas had won it.

It was the exact exposure UT got when they won the NC

As for the 6 and 6 comment. You cant tell me you expected this ? No one knew the QB was going to be as he was and your team would have played like they did. I'm more shocked how good the defense looked.

When the Ag's returned to College Station there is a News Clipping of them pulling in on a Charter bus with the frontend blinking SEC COUNTRY

TEBOW , NEWTON , JM when a QB is playing high the SEC jumps on that story and rides it out the door with sparklers and fireworks lol

Fact is you won the cotton bowl. In many peoples eyes its just another BOWL.
NOW with LSU losing 70% of there starting roster ( as of Yesterday ) you are set up for a chance at going and winning a National championship. Oh wait yall have Bama on your schedule as well time will only tell. Having a dam near injury free season is something you will have to have again. This year yall got by that which doesnt come often.
( wish we could say that......we could back in 05 and 04 lol ) accept that and enjoy those times.

Only thing I can laugh at is how in the hell are yall getting to play at home every week? Next years schedule looks like you never leave home lol

Enjoy this while it last my friend. Just like with VY the NFL comes a calling and reality sets in.

Congrats and enjoy your Cotton Bowl victory and Good season.

Manziel , your line and your defense DESERVES this Victory.