Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-06-2023, 01:36 PM   #43
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
I have a very similar crack in the windshield of my Jeep Wrangler (nearly in the exact same spot as yours and about the same length). Not wanting to replace it just for that, I bought the Rain-X repair kit at Walmart for like $10. Followed the instructions exactly and the crack had not spread in over 3 years. Just today I happened to look at it and it looks like it might have begun to spread a little. If it does start to spread across the windshield I'll just have it replaced. But it did buy me 3 years so I can't complain.
MT-SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 02:37 PM   #44
JimGnitecki

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-SS1LE View Post
I have a very similar crack in the windshield of my Jeep Wrangler (nearly in the exact same spot as yours and about the same length). Not wanting to replace it just for that, I bought the Rain-X repair kit at Walmart for like $10. Followed the instructions exactly and the crack had not spread in over 3 years. Just today I happened to look at it and it looks like it might have begun to spread a little. If it does start to spread across the windshield I'll just have it replaced. But it did buy me 3 years so I can't complain.
Hey, 3 years is good! But my Camaro has only 3400 Km = 2108 miles on the odometer, has a custom lipstick red interior, and a Magnuson supercharger, and I may be selling it sometime soon, so I did not want that crack there to spoil the appearance!

Jim G
JimGnitecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 09:00 PM   #45
JimGnitecki

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1
Well I got the replacement windshield installed today, and it has been a revelation: It is "more invisible" than the factory OEM windshield.

I had no complaints about the OEM windhsield. I bought the car brand new 10 months ago, and have only put on about 3400 km = 2108 miles. Other than the crack that suddenly appeared, I had no complaints.

But . . .

Driving home from the glass shop with the replacement windshield, I kept thinking "Wow, this new windshield is noticeably "less visible" than the factory one was."

The last time I had that feeling was when I briefly owned a Mercedes. That car's windshield had a similar "invisibility" to it that seemed notably better than on other cars I have owned.

This replacement windshield is apparently a PGW product.

Its durability of course is still unknown. But the first impression is favorable.

And because my lT1 has no fancy sensors in the windshield, it cost onlyb$425 Canadian, installed.

Jim G

Jim G
JimGnitecki is offline   Reply With Quote