Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 10-21-2021, 07:25 AM   #43
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Good to know. So someone skimping on fuel quality will cause the car to show the problem.
It -might- cause issues to be visible. Lower octane is something that the engine can adjust timing to compensate for, but only to a certain extent. If the actual octane of the fuel is "too low", it will likely at least flash the CEL while under acceleration. It may not store a code, though.

If the problem persists, the CEL will likely come on and stay on, at least until better fuel is added to the tank to allow the engine to advance timing back toward where it should be.

The reality is that an owner can put 87 in the T4 or the V8 and simply drive it that way, not caring about the warning lamps. And, it -could- cause damage if driven that way under for a while, especially under load.

If someone were to buy a T4 or V8 without understanding the fuel requirements, and purposefully put 87 in the tank, they'd probably get rid of the car quickly because of it's performance (if they refused to fill with the correct fuel). It's always a toss-up on a used car.

Hell... It's a toss-up with NEW cars.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 01:35 PM   #44
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
It -might- cause issues to be visible. Lower octane is something that the engine can adjust timing to compensate for, but only to a certain extent. If the actual octane of the fuel is "too low", it will likely at least flash the CEL while under acceleration. It may not store a code, though.

If the problem persists, the CEL will likely come on and stay on, at least until better fuel is added to the tank to allow the engine to advance timing back toward where it should be.

The reality is that an owner can put 87 in the T4 or the V8 and simply drive it that way, not caring about the warning lamps. And, it -could- cause damage if driven that way under for a while, especially under load.

If someone were to buy a T4 or V8 without understanding the fuel requirements, and purposefully put 87 in the tank, they'd probably get rid of the car quickly because of it's performance (if they refused to fill with the correct fuel). It's always a toss-up on a used car.

Hell... It's a toss-up with NEW cars.
Got it - it likely wont matter since used ones are still priced at stupidly high levels and there doesnt seem to be much easing, at least right now. Its weird: On one hand, if they start getting new cars out faster then used prices will naturally come down. But then that means new ones that we are all waiting on will be coming out faster so just get your new one and say the hell with used. Right? . The only way Id consider used is if a new one becomes like trying to find the Lost Ark. But, I wont pay the current asking prices. Oy vey!
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 10:37 AM   #45
David1987

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Yes - a few are certified and the warranty is legit. Thats worth something for sure, even if you pay a little more for the car.

Excellent, thanks for the feedback.

Sounds like you scored pretty good there!

Well, I wouldnt use it for groceries, lol. I get the V8 desire but Im more interested the nice styling and overall performance. I doubt I'd mod it much if at all. Just not my thing. Everyone is different. The V6 is a solid performer in every way.
Points taken though.
Well I have the V6 I just got it two weeks ago and I got mine used. A 2016 V6 in Red Hot with only 44,000 miles on it. I was given the chance to test drive a V8 but refused as gas is too expensive as is in California. I’m very satisfied with the V6. Test drove a brand new 4cylinder and didn’t like how the transmission handled the 4 banger so went used since I actually prefer the 2016-2018 front ends better.
Attached Images

David1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 01:36 PM   #46
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1987 View Post
Well I have the V6 I just got it two weeks ago and I got mine used. A 2016 V6 in Red Hot with only 44,000 miles on it. I was given the chance to test drive a V8 but refused as gas is too expensive as is in California. I’m very satisfied with the V6. Test drove a brand new 4cylinder and didn’t like how the transmission handled the 4 banger so went used since I actually prefer the 2016-2018 front ends better.
Excellent! Nice find. Perfect color too.

I do like the pre 2019 front end a tad better myself. Is it an auto or a manual? When you say you didnt like how the T-4 felt with the transmission, can you be more detailed? I assume you were able to test drive a new 4-banger at a dealer.....hmmmm. That means there is stock out there or did you test it a while ago?
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote