Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-17-2021, 04:41 PM   #43
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
When most of the traditional SUVs went to wrong wheel drive, or AWD, they lost a lot of capability. The Pathfinder, the 4Runner, and even some of the Jeeps drive the wrong wheels. I think the Ford Explorer went back to rear wheel drive a year or two ago. A sad state of affairs. All due to CAFE ratings and FWD and unibody.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:52 PM   #44
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluinSC View Post
I loved my 18 Lacrosse Premium. Had every option. Great riding car and the V6 had the right amount of power and fuel economy. Traded it to get another SS. But I should have paid it off first.

Might get another in a couple years once the SS is paid off. Or just wait save up and get. CTS V or CT6V. I do wish Buick made a performance sedan on the level of those two. GF loved the massaging seats of the Lacrosse on long drives
Really enjoy my LaCrosse. Looks just like yours.

Still miss my SS Sedan, but for 90% of my driving the Buick is a better car. But ohhhhhh that other 10% of V8 sound and RWD performance.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:55 PM   #45
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

1 built in the US, 2 in Korea, 1 in China.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:00 PM   #46
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
When most of the traditional SUVs went to wrong wheel drive, or AWD, they lost a lot of capability. The Pathfinder, the 4Runner, and even some of the Jeeps drive the wrong wheels. I think the Ford Explorer went back to rear wheel drive a year or two ago. A sad state of affairs. All due to CAFE ratings and FWD and unibody.
Most of them never go offroading anyway.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:01 PM   #47
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
https://www.buick.com/

All new Buicks for sale at dealerships in the US are SUVs and Crossovers only. I don't think any of them are made in the US, but I could be mistaken.

Perhaps some discontinued models were made in US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
GM should have never killed Pontiac. It should have kept it and made it their more stylish, premium and performance mixed in wing. Go back to the days of the REAL GTO, not that bland looking one.

They should have brought the Firebird back and designed the GTO that looked like a real GTO. Specialize in performance for people like us.

They could made a modern day equiv to a Judge with the 455 engine like in 1970 that would be their beast, then have a regular Judge and GTO like the SS and LT1. Beef it up and have a fine interior like the GTO did.

To hell with electric and stupid weenie hybrid cars that a lot of dweebs and millennials like to drive now!
Was never meant to be. At its death volume sucked and they were all rebadged versions of something else to make dealers happy.

Yes there were pre bankruptcy plans for cars like you suggest, but in the end it was not profitable and ther was no plan that would have led to it being profitable.

The question the government asked at the time was, “does it make you money”. During that time GM had descoped the FST programs to. Grille and the Corvette was a C6.5 at best. The government basically asked “don’t you make a crap ton of money on those?” GM’s answer was, “yes but we didn’t think you would want us to invest in those”. Government reply? “Go make money”. And hence we got a C7 and an all new FST program. What didn’t make money? Hummer and Pontiac. But bye.

You and may others have memories of what Pontiac was in its hey day. In 2008 it was a crappy brand with unexciting products short of the G8 which although not entirely crappy, sold like crap. And as GM products of that era, it had a $hitty interior. Pontiac was laying dead in the morgue long before the bankruptcy.

Now if the emperor of China drove a Pontiac instead of a Buick……
Old 05-17-2021, 06:44 PM   #48

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I bought my Impala in Nov of '17....I love the car, got a good price, etc..It was supposed to end in 2018?...Well, they kept making them through 2020, but there is no 2021. It kept getting good reviews, but now it's gone.

I think GM hurts themselves by announcing the end of a model, yet it keeps getting made for several more years...Why tell the world it will be gone, then keep making it for two or three more years?...And they wonder why sales start to lag...lol...

If you want a good size sedan, in fact it has the most spacious dimensions for passenger and cargo than any GM car including recent and new Cadillacs, there might be some new Impalas still to be had.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:59 PM   #49
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
I bought my Impala in Nov of '17....I love the car, got a good price, etc..It was supposed to end in 2018?...Well, they kept making them through 2020, but there is no 2021. It kept getting good reviews, but now it's gone.

I think GM hurts themselves by announcing the end of a model, yet it keeps getting made for several more years...Why tell the world it will be gone, then keep making it for two or three more years?...And they wonder why sales start to lag...lol...

If you want a good size sedan, in fact it has the most spacious dimensions for passenger and cargo than any GM car including recent and new Cadillacs, there might be some new Impalas still to be had.

What model Impala did you get? We just pulled the trigger on a 2017 Premier. It's got $4500 in accessories, so basically as loaded as you can get. We found a phenomenal deal on one with 39,000 miles. Option vs option and trim vs trim the Impala looks to be a few grand cheaper than the Lacrosse on the used market.
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 07:29 PM   #50
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
The Impala finally made it to the top of Consumer Reports list beating out their everlasting stars the Accord and Camry just when GM killed it.

I have to tell you, having had a top trim 2018 Ford Fusion as a rental for 2 weeks, that was also a stellar car for a family sedan. Well built, responsive, excellent handling and ride quality.

Pull the plug on great cars right when they’ve become world class premier products

The Big 2 keep telling us no one wants sedans anymore.

Yet Camry and Accord aren’t going anywhere.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 07:30 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
What model Impala did you get? We just pulled the trigger on a 2017 Premier. It's got $4500 in accessories, so basically as loaded as you can get. We found a phenomenal deal on one with 39,000 miles. Option vs option and trim vs trim the Impala looks to be a few grand cheaper than the Lacrosse on the used market.
Mine is the Premier also. I never shopped the LaCrosse. If I recall they were pricier. I wanted the most room, V-6, no start-stop, no cylinder deactivation.
Mine does not have 20" wheels, I got 19" which reviews said rode better.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:39 PM   #52
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
The Impala finally made it to the top of Consumer Reports list beating out their everlasting stars the Accord and Camry just when GM killed it.

I have to tell you, having had a top trim 2018 Ford Fusion as a rental for 2 weeks, that was also a stellar car for a family sedan. Well built, responsive, excellent handling and ride quality.

Pull the plug on great cars right when they’ve become world class premier products

About Honda Accord... Things actually aren't looking too well. Over on the Accord forum, there is a thread that constantly updates the sales. The general consensus is that CR-V is definitely cannibalizing Accord sales.

As for Camry, remember a key difference between Honda and Toyota: Toyota does fleet sales. Honda doesn't. So yeah, Camry is fine as long as taxi and rental companies want them, kinda like how Charger isn't going anywhere as long as cops drive them, but that also means it's a bit less indicative of the mid-size sedan market.

I believe Fusion had a lot of European influence in its development. Same as Focus and Fiesta. My friend's Fiesta ST is a zippy little car with good practicality.

Realistically, I think it may just has to do with the past reputations. GM might just want to start off with a clean slate with their EV's.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:27 PM   #53
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Mine is the Premier also. I never shopped the LaCrosse. If I recall they were pricier. I wanted the most room, V-6, no start-stop, no cylinder deactivation.
Mine does not have 20" wheels, I got 19" which reviews said rode better.
Yeah a equally equipped Lacrosse was around 5k more new. We do have the 20" wheels, but the car rides so darn good regardless, that I was happy to have the nicer wheels. We traded a newer Honda Accord for this car and couldn't be happier.
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:50 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Yeah a equally equipped Lacrosse was around 5k more new. We do have the 20" wheels, but the car rides so darn good regardless, that I was happy to have the nicer wheels. We traded a newer Honda Accord for this car and couldn't be happier.
That's great. Mine's got around 18K miles. Absolutely zero issues of any kind. Good luck.
Old 05-18-2021, 12:26 AM   #55
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post

theres a reason accord isnt going anywhere...it is a great car,and available as a coupe/m6 trans(at least last i know).no V8 but the V6 in them is pretty decent.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:01 AM   #56
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
4Runner is still body on frame with a low range transfer case. The Mallfinder on the other hand pales in comparison to the original first gen.

Last edited by WhyUMad1LE; 05-18-2021 at 11:32 PM.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote