Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-24-2018, 06:14 PM   #43
ozzy1le

Drives: 2015 camaro 1le
My bottom outright sale price is 27k. It will be for sale till middle of November.
ozzy1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:20 PM   #44
paul3078

Drives: 2024 Nitro Yellow 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
"offers" assume a ton of items, 1st and foremost that the VIN was spoken correctly, or keyed, or if not VIN'd, some website was optioned correctly. On top of that, is the vehicle even marketable within that zip code at all. I've seen $5k swings for perfect cars. Hell, most Houstonions refuse to Dallas to save $5k on their cars, everything in Houston is jacked sky high. Don't like the first offer, go to a second, you get 3 offers within 1-2% and dealers aren't crazy, it's what the vehicle is worth. The only hope anyone has in this industry is to hire a private shopper, someone who has access to market data (black book) and 50 dealers on speed dial to find you the best deal. People laugh at hiring a shopper, until they save you $5k. Most want to "ibuy" their car like they did their apple product, living in some false universe that "they can't do the work themselves" or "it's too hard". Meanwhile, buyers are getting raked over the coals for thousands and most don't care.
I actually was going to trade it on a new corvette. The corvette was 60K sticker, 50K out the door AND 25K for my car. I am well aware the "offer" game. They were concerned with taking the trade in October as well as I was to buy a corvette in New Hampshire in October. So the 25K was real. The 27,100 was off a KBB instant offer. The dealer they sent me to would honor that price. They stated if they don't want it KBB HAS to buy it from them at the quoted price. I also had window sticker in hand to make sure all options were entered when they were pricing it for trade. Most dealers (even Chevy dealers) have not heard of the Green Flash edition, so I wonder if they are aware of the 1LE option? Being in NH, they suggested waiting until spring, even though it will "technically" be a model year older, it will fetch more then. Not as much of an issue in TX, I'm sure.
paul3078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 05:47 AM   #45
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul3078 View Post
I actually was going to trade it on a new corvette. The corvette was 60K sticker, 50K out the door AND 25K for my car. I am well aware the "offer" game. They were concerned with taking the trade in October as well as I was to buy a corvette in New Hampshire in October. So the 25K was real. The 27,100 was off a KBB instant offer. The dealer they sent me to would honor that price. They stated if they don't want it KBB HAS to buy it from them at the quoted price. I also had window sticker in hand to make sure all options were entered when they were pricing it for trade. Most dealers (even Chevy dealers) have not heard of the Green Flash edition, so I wonder if they are aware of the 1LE option? Being in NH, they suggested waiting until spring, even though it will "technically" be a model year older, it will fetch more then. Not as much of an issue in TX, I'm sure.

I hear you and you're not going to like this: There is no such thing as a Green Flash edition, same with the Dusk, the Spring and all but Hot Wheels and maybe, maybe 1 other. GM never registered the VIN's as custom models and completely FUBAR'd all buyers 100%. Own a PACE car? Joke's on you, you own an SS sucker. 1LE was an option, not a model and almost anyone can purchase the 1LE "dealer kit" (or DIY) and call theirs a "1LE" for trade in purposes since no one validates RPO codes. The industry is pure VIN code and if the manufacture didn't register it, it doesn't exist. Enthusiasts might recognize the vehicle and some special buyer might offer more for it, otherwise we're pretty much Fkd.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote