Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

View Poll Results: Should I get the ZL1 or stick with RS3?
RS3 9 15.25%
ZL1 50 84.75%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2018, 07:22 AM   #43
Bill_76

Drives: Camaro ZL1 2018
RS3 better interior? I took a look to TTRS....dashboard and doors more hard plastic than ZL1, and the rear seats do not have the leather design/pattern of the front ones...it looks something they add to the car from another one (in RS5 they have the same pattern), I thought it will have a better quality being an Audi xxRS
Bill_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:21 PM   #44
likerage

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
It's a brand new German car, you can't even realistically compare the two in terms of build quality and livability features.

I traded in my well equipped Mercedes C43 because of its build quality. The only thing I lost was driver assistance options. I gained several features that should be standard in a 70k sedan when I purchased the Zl1.

The S3 is good car. Don't get me wrong. But if you're going to come around here talking nonsense between the two cars i'm going to call you out. It's a good entry level Audi. It is not a great car, not in its segment, not even close. The Zl1 is a game changer in its segment.
likerage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:33 PM   #45
GT-ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_76 View Post
RS3 better interior? I took a look to TTRS....dashboard and doors more hard plastic than ZL1, and the rear seats do not have the leather design/pattern of the front ones...it looks something they add to the car from another one (in RS5 they have the same pattern), I thought it will have a better quality being an Audi xxRS
I don't know, the interior of the 2018 TT-RS I was pondering over when I ended up getting the ZL1 made the ZL1 look like a Chevy Cavalier inside. The seats alone looked a decade ahead of what the ZL1's seats look with their cheap looking suede. As we speak, I'm spending money on interior mods just to try and touch the interior quality on the TT-RS. I got the ZL1 solely based on performance and cheap, but the TT-RS is a beauty inside and out.

You're right about the rear seats though, it's strange as hell that they don't match.
GT-ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:42 PM   #46
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I think it's to the point it's very subjective as far as interiors. Different people value different things and it has little to do with the car's performance or reliability. People put way too much value in questionable subjective criteria like soft plastics vs hard and the exhaust tuning.

At this point car companies probably have more acoustics engineers working on the exhaust system vs MEs working on the engine design.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:59 PM   #47
Stealth7

Drives: Gen V Viper GTS
This is like comparing a F-22 Raptor to a Cesna single engine plane. Both fly, but are not comparable. The ZL1 just destroys the S3 or RS3 in every conceivable, measurable performance category, and looks waay more bad a@@. (You would really have to go to the top, performance version of the R8 to start talking competition). And please, save the aftermarket potential, etc. Then you are comparing a 550hp Audi to an 1,100hp ZL1. But hey, for family use, snow, groceries, the Audi definitely has legitimate advantages.

My Black MM ZL1 w/ A10 has the Carbon fiber on the hood and dash and really looks quite nice and modern. I am coming from a Gen V Viper GTS (Race Yellow and Black Stripes and lots of Carbon Fiber) and BMW 550i M-Sport with Dinan, and I love the ZL1. I chose the ZL1 over the new M5 Competition and E63s. Btw, my wife has an '18 C43 and it is a great car, but not a substitute for the ZL1.

Sounds like you need to get/keep the Audi. No problem, this why they make different cars!
Stealth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:51 PM   #48
likerage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
I think it's to the point it's very subjective as far as interiors.

No doubt. Some people like the mustang interior.... I mean wtf
likerage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:32 PM   #49
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Daily driver, definitely keep the Audi IMO. Way better visibility and in bad weather. No brainer. Weekend toy? ZL1
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote