Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-07-2018, 08:13 PM   #43
ltcol_king

Drives: 17' 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
Does there have to be a party at fault in all car accidents? I'm just curious because it sounds like both sides screwed up here. Yeah somebody messed up by making an illegal turn but you almost messed up just as bad by not looking while driving. Probably the most important part of driving there is. What if it was a person on foot that was crossing right there instead? I know you're happy that someone's footage had cleared you but it could have just as easily gone the other way or worse. Please pay attention
My insurance company has accident forgiveness, whereby if a driver goes 5 years accident free, an at-fault accident determination will not increase your premium. Consequently, I believe at-fault is important. Thus, my happiness at not being at-fault. Regardless, I understand where I went wrong and posted my mistake here as testimony and for the benefit of others.
ltcol_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:36 PM   #44
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
From a fellow D9 member, I’m glad you’re ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:47 PM   #45
ltcol_king

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
From a fellow D9 member, I’m glad you’re ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-07-2018, 09:32 PM   #46
Liralen

Drives: 2013 KBM Camaro 2SS Hot Wheels
Glad you are okay. As for being distracted, you could easily have just sneezed and had the same thing happen. I am grateful that my Silverado has the crash warning/braking system...it has actually saved me a few times, not distracted...but when you drive the same route all the time you kind of do it by autopilot and can miss the queue of a brake light easily.

Garage:
2013 HotWheels SE Camaro, Coupe, V8, 2SS, Auto, #987 (aka V8HOTTY)
2014 Z51 Stingray 3LT Corvette, M7, Coupe - Laguna Blue Metallic
2016 Harley Davidson Roadglide, Screaming Eagle
2017 50th Anniv SE Camaro, Vert, V8, 2SS, M6, NAV, NPP, #537 (aka FIFTY)
2017 Silverado High Country, full bed/crew cab, Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
2018 Silverado LTZ, short bed/crew cab, 100th Anniv, Centennial Blue (aka CENTURY)
Liralen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:05 PM   #47
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
diminished value depends on the state and who was at fault - in Alabama you are not entitled to diminished value if the accident was your fault. When my wifes 2 year old Grand Cherokee was hit the diminished value payment bought a set of tires for it so it came in handy.
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:08 AM   #48
ltcol_king

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liralen View Post
Glad you are okay. As for being distracted, you could easily have just sneezed and had the same thing happen. I am grateful that my Silverado has the crash warning/braking system...it has actually saved me a few times, not distracted...but when you drive the same route all the time you kind of do it by autopilot and can miss the queue of a brake light easily.
+1
Old 02-08-2018, 07:10 AM   #49
ltcol_king

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekirk2 View Post
diminished value depends on the state and who was at fault - in Alabama you are not entitled to diminished value if the accident was your fault. When my wifes 2 year old Grand Cherokee was hit the diminished value payment bought a set of tires for it so it came in handy.
Same here in VA as to who was at fault. Unfortunately, my insurance company just informed me that my policy does not cover such claims. I have asked if we can approach the other driver's insurance company with the claim. Awaiting a reply...
Old 02-08-2018, 01:41 PM   #50
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcol_king View Post
Same here in VA as to who was at fault. Unfortunately, my insurance company just informed me that my policy does not cover such claims. I have asked if we can approach the other driver's insurance company with the claim. Awaiting a reply...
You cant go after your own insurance company for DV claims, they are always against the other persons insurance company. I wouldnt ask your insurance to even get involved, do everything thru her insurance company. Otherwise you will have your company subordinating the claim and the process for you.

To be honest, yes almost every accident has a guilty party. Lets say the OP was fully aware, didnt blink or sneeze or take his eye off of the road. Another driver can initiate a maneuver in a quick enough fashion that even if you are fully aware that you wont be able to react to and stop in enough time.

So be careful about placing blame on the OP for being at fault, all sorts of things can happen in the cabin. I have sneezed before and had my contact slide off center of my eye and cause me to be blurry until I could get it settled. Things happen all the time while driving.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #51
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Itcol - The fact that your LF was impacted upon the LR of the Navigator should have told the cop the lady was lying or driving sideways ( LOL) . There is no possible way for you to hit her otherwise. Glad the video surfaced.

PS I'a m not sure you could have avoided the accident w/o putting yourself in jeopardy..... Jus sayin...

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:35 PM   #52
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets12 View Post
Glad your alright, take that person with the dash cam out for a t-bone steak.
Nah, more like Kobe beef.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:28 PM   #53
ltcol_king

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
You cant go after your own insurance company for DV claims, they are always against the other persons insurance company. I wouldnt ask your insurance to even get involved, do everything thru her insurance company. Otherwise you will have your company subordinating the claim and the process for you.
Got it. Was given the same direction/info today by my adjustor. This process has been educational. First car accident involving another vehicle in 49 years. Thanks. Hit a deer once but she was clearly at fault and was uninsured.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:18 PM   #54
awpti

Drives: 2017 1SS Camaro; 2016 4Runner
I would nuke this post from orbit, only on the grounds insurance companies are involved. They are going to use every bit of evidence to reduce their exposure, including your admission of distracted driving.

Doesn't matter what you tell the cop. He's not the one dealing with the claim.
awpti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:48 AM   #55
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by awpti View Post
I would nuke this post from orbit, only on the grounds insurance companies are involved. They are going to use every bit of evidence to reduce their exposure, including your admission of distracted driving.

Doesn't matter what you tell the cop. He's not the one dealing with the claim.

Because out of the 1000+ internet forums the OP's insurance company and or the person who caused the accident is going to know that John Doe (if that was the OP's name) is on the web posting about an accident, 1 of hundreds if not thousands of accidents that happen daily.

Talk about finding the needle in the proverbial haystack.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:00 AM   #56
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Because out of the 1000+ internet forums the OP's insurance company and or the person who caused the accident is going to know that John Doe (if that was the OP's name) is on the web posting about an accident, 1 of hundreds if not thousands of accidents that happen daily.

Talk about finding the needle in the proverbial haystack.
Its a lot easier than you think. Especially when you post pics of the car along with the plate being visable. I bet a simple google search would direct you right to this site and possibly this thread. It comes down to how much time and money someone wants to put in to finding the information for what the return will be. If this involved a death or bad injury you can bet they would be looking. For just property damage, most likely not.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote