#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-15-2019, 09:35 PM   #43
Z650HP

Drives: 2019 Black ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty31 View Post
1600 miles. Just installed the Roto-Fab and Tony Mano TB. I was very surprised at the increase in blower whine. Sorry guys, don’t know how to embed the YouTube video.

https://youtu.be/pKHEuQqv3qg
Man another one that sounds fantastic. Do you need to tune for the throttle body? If not I think this may be the answer to what I need.

Maybe like others have said its cause of my super low mileage on the car. Still 50 or 60 under 500 miles.
Z650HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:21 AM   #44
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
No need to tune for a TB. A TB and roto-fab will increase audible blower whine somewhat, but again, you might be disappointed. The whole idea of how much it increases is purely subjective. One person is happy, another is disappointed. It will be more audible with a TB and a CAI, but not significantly so, at least to my ears. The NX lid probably “tripled” the sound from the mods. Get a TB for the increased throttle response, not to chase blower whine.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:24 AM   #45
Z650HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
No need to tune for a TB. A TB and roto-fab will increase audible blower whine somewhat, but again, you might be disappointed. The whole idea of how much it increases is purely subjective. One person is happy, another is disappointed. It will be more audible with a TB and a CAI, but not significantly so, at least to my ears. The NX lid probably “tripled” the sound from the mods. Get a TB for the increased throttle response, not to chase blower whine.
I find the throttle response to be good already. The whine is what I AM chasing. The car should have much more of it and it will when I'm done.
The one guy has a rotofab and T.M. throttle body and its easy triple the whine mine has with just rotofab on it.
May end up with the NX lid.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:46 AM   #46
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Jesus!! That thing is loud !!! It sounds close to what my Hellcat sounds like. Love that sound !!!

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:19 AM   #47
jbp8653

Drives: 2017 ZL1,2013 ZR1, 1952 C3100 Resto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty31 View Post
1600 miles. Just installed the Roto-Fab and Tony Mano TB. I was very surprised at the increase in blower whine. Sorry guys, don’t know how to embed the YouTube video.

https://youtu.be/pKHEuQqv3qg

2013 ZR1 60th Anniv.

1952 C3100 resto-rod. LS6, 4L60e, 228R cam
jbp8653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:09 AM   #48
Litespeed1000

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z650HP View Post
Yea man its only got 4 hundred and change on it. Thanks for the intelligent reply, its nice to get a reply that actually matters.
I would agree. I couldn’t hardly hear the blower at all, added Roto fab and TM throttle body, it got louder, but not much (this was around 2.5K miles), took my wife for a ride a couple weeks ago and she was annoyed , just about 5K miles. She said “did it always sound like this”?

Stock throttle body is back on (car was not happy with TM Throttle body, surging at idle and throttle response was not crisp). Now for a stock car it runs strong again.

So as time goes on mine got louder and hopefully yours will too.
Litespeed1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:40 AM   #49
Z650HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litespeed1000 View Post
I would agree. I couldn’t hardly hear the blower at all, added Roto fab and TM throttle body, it got louder, but not much (this was around 2.5K miles), took my wife for a ride a couple weeks ago and she was annoyed , just about 5K miles. She said “did it always sound like this”?

Stock throttle body is back on (car was not happy with TM Throttle body, surging at idle and throttle response was not crisp). Now for a stock car it runs strong again.

So as time goes on mine got louder and hopefully yours will too.
Very glad to here. Hoping that's the case with my car to, as the miles go on the more improved the whine gets some. That would be nice.

I was going to buy the Tony M TB too, darn! Is it really not worth it then and you had major issues?
Did you notice a change in the supercharger whine with it installed?
Thanks
Old 06-16-2019, 03:38 PM   #50
Litespeed1000

Drives: 2018 ZL1
With the TB the whine was maybe a little louder.

I will say most most folks seem to have positive results with a modified TB’s, unfortunately my car wasn’t happy. Don’t let me discourage you as you may have better luck.
Litespeed1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:54 PM   #51
Z650HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litespeed1000 View Post
With the TB the whine was maybe a little louder.

I will say most most folks seem to have positive results with a modified TB’s, unfortunately my car wasn’t happy. Don’t let me discourage you as you may have better luck.
Yea reading through a huge 33 page thread on it currently. People seem to love it. I'm going to have to try it I'm pretty sure.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:47 PM   #52
ZL177

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z650HP View Post
I find the throttle response to be good already. The whine is what I AM chasing. The car should have much more of it and it will when I'm done.
The one guy has a rotofab and T.M. throttle body and its easy triple the whine mine has with just rotofab on it.
May end up with the NX lid.
I just installed the JLT intake on my 2017. "Normal" driving I don't notice much difference in the sound of the blower other than that I can now here being drawn in with the stock intake box not there. I went wide open throttle today for the first time after installing it and notices more "whine" from the blower. When the car was full stock I could hear the blower more, then I installed a Borla cat back and couldn't hear it as much. After installing the JLT it sounds a little louder than the car was full stock, if that makes sense.
ZL177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:56 PM   #53
Z650HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL177 View Post
I just installed the JLT intake on my 2017. "Normal" driving I don't notice much difference in the sound of the blower other than that I can now here being drawn in with the stock intake box not there. I went wide open throttle today for the first time after installing it and notices more "whine" from the blower. When the car was full stock I could hear the blower more, then I installed a Borla cat back and couldn't hear it as much. After installing the JLT it sounds a little louder than the car was full stock, if that makes sense.
How you like the borla? Did you keep npp function? Axle back or cat back?
I would be interested in an axle back from borla if they make it. Every time I see the axle back they offer at vendors websites it says its for the SS. No mention of it fitting the ZL1. Do you know if that same part for the SS fits the ZL1?