Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-09-2019, 04:25 PM   #43
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatourer View Post
Not needed as previously posted. Indeed your smilie is perfect for your post. But then again,some are just slow on the uptake no matter how often they are shown differently.Yes,I'm talking about you,not myself,so that will lose any possible snappy reply from you. Now go away and stop arguing. Nobody is listening to your post and no matter how often you repeat it,nobody agrees.
Amen!
Old 04-09-2019, 05:06 PM   #44
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I don't know about these new LGX V6 engines, but back in the day, when I had my 2010 Camaro with the LLT V6, it sure seemed like the car ran "happier" on 91 versus 87. 87 would show more "spark retard" than 91...see the video below as an example: (not my car at the time, but from a guy pretty big in the V6 community at the time)

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=59

But I have no clue if that holds true for today. Someone get something that will read out spark retard, and do a test on a full tank of 91 versus a full tank of 87!
I owned a v6 5th Gen and I will agree that the V6 5th Gen responded MUCH better to premium fuel than my 6th Gen V6 did, but we also must remember the V6 5th Gen had slightly less power than the V6 5th Gen and weighed a crapton more so you will probably 'feel' every bit of improvement as the engine had to work much harder in that car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_guy View Post
I believe you but is probably undetectable in day-to-day driving where your only using 1/3 of the cars power driving down the road. If you were tracking the car it might make a huge difference.
Yeah, I don't disagree that premium brings performance increases in the 6th Gen V6, but its not enough of a gain to justify using premium in day to day driving. On a track then yes... I just have an issue when they go on like the car "requires" premium just to function properly...it does a great job on 87 and is not lacking in any regard using 87.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:40 PM   #45
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
literally nobody is saying or has said that premium is required to function.

But to those who have decided that they prefer regular can't make the argument that there is no performance difference because we know as a fact that the engine has different tiiming tables to take advantage of more advanced timing and aggressive timing curves of higher octane fuel from the factory. It's not required, but it's not ignored.

Make the subjective arguments all day long on if that difference in performance is significant or not, that's perfectly valid. To me, money has never been a factor even when i was working two jobs and poor when it comes to fuel, oil, and other consumables with cars. But I also dont have kids for a reason I like keeping my purchasing decisions that simple. so without the dollar cost factor, the decision is pretty easy.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:42 AM   #46
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Raptor head why don't you do all of us a favor and go buy a Mustang. If someone has a different opinion or viewpoint on something all you do is insult and act like an A$$. Back your replies with good information not BS insults
Not worth any more keystrokes. Just consider the source and move on from here.
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:48 AM   #47
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatourer View Post
Not worth any more keystrokes. Just consider the source and move on from here.
Yet you keep replying...
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:37 PM   #48
wintertopdown

Drives: 22 Convertible V8 LT1
but wait, I just paid $4.89 a gallon for 87! Manhattan...
wintertopdown is offline   Reply With Quote