Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 04-04-2016, 06:59 PM   #43
2016SS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
Sorry to hear my car just came In today I havnt taken delivery yet because I'm trading in another car I had to get out of storage tonight.

My car seems to be flawless but I will triple check everything before I sign anything.

Repaint would Likley bring the resale down I bought a car from GM years ago was brand new but got hit with hail on delivery they offered to drop 5k off the price if I let them paint sections of the car. So I let them honestly came out nice and I saved a few bucks no one ever knew the difference. Should at least give you a discount.

Should add I didn't order the car but when it came in off there truck it was damaged by hail.
2016 Camaro 2SS Summit built 3/28/16 delivered
2018 Camaro ZL1 cancelled by GM 😡
2019 Corvette 2lt Z51

Last edited by 2016SS; 04-04-2016 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:37 PM   #44
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
so...GM is offering to repaint right? while it may not be the solution you want, they are not refusing to fix it.

it sucks, but ....

get them to throw in a monthly payment or something.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:43 PM   #45
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
This is most certainly a case to lawyer up with.

Don't listen to people making excuses for GM or "it's not a Ferrari don't be so picky".

High quality is a demand and expectation from GM after they took our tax money so they could keep the lights on.

They SHOULD buy the car back for every penny you paid, all taxes and dealer fees included.

That's exactly what I'd sue for. Name GM, the dealership, and the names of every salesman and manager you came in contact with specifically in the lawsuit.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:11 PM   #46
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
This is most certainly a case to lawyer up with.

Don't listen to people making excuses for GM or "it's not a Ferrari don't be so picky".

High quality is a demand and expectation from GM after they took our tax money so they could keep the lights on.

They SHOULD buy the car back for every penny you paid, all taxes and dealer fees included.

That's exactly what I'd sue for. Name GM, the dealership, and the names of every salesman and manager you came in contact with specifically in the lawsuit.
but what law requires them to buy it back?

GM is offering to make buyer whole by repainting. it is not what buyer wants, but i'm not sure law will see buyer not being made whole after paint job. this is a customer service issue and i think GM should step up...but time and money may be wasted with lawyer, just my 2 cents.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:39 PM   #47
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
but what law requires them to buy it back?

GM is offering to make buyer whole by repainting. it is not what buyer wants, but i'm not sure law will see buyer not being made whole after paint job. this is a customer service issue and i think GM should step up...but time and money may be wasted with lawyer, just my 2 cents.
The reasonable expectation of what a new car should be should not require repainted. There's plenty here to have a strong lawsuit even though no laws were technically broken.

Find some precident case law decision by where someone successfully sued a dealer over an issue with their new car and this case works. Not sure any decent lawyer would have a hard time finding that.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:45 PM   #48
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
A few guys here have had cars replaced by GM for paint issues.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:47 PM   #49
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Only people saying no to the car being replaced had no issues with their shit so they don't think its ok... Watch how quickly the tone changes if they were in your shoes.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:55 PM   #50
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I think at this point you should let them paint it. My paint is perfect although it think its a little thin and it chips very easy. Some is due to the design of the rear flare in front of the rear tires. The paint itself is awesome. If this dealership has a good paint shop that is reputable what do you have to loose at this point. I'm not in your position and I know I'd be pissed like you. Its sad that its come to this and the one thing I would think about is will this show up on a Carfax, if so it will be a hit against you in its value. I wish I had a better answer and maybe a lawyer will be in your future.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
Old 04-04-2016, 09:02 PM   #51
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
The reasonable expectation of what a new car should be should not require repainted. There's plenty here to have a strong lawsuit even though no laws were technically broken.

Find some precident case law decision by where someone successfully sued a dealer over an issue with their new car and this case works. Not sure any decent lawyer would have a hard time finding that.
yes, no law being broken, so it is about being made whole, and will a judge also not think that offering to repaint the car is a reasonable solution?

i'm just saying....it's a waste of time and money to pursue litigation... it simply will not yield any results other than what is already being offered.

i've had a new car with paint issue, and yes i was pissed, but I was made whole when they repainted it.

i get it, it is an emotional thing...an expensive car, but when you take emotion out....you get a new paint job, maybe a monthly payment, and move on.

i have a feeling there is more to the story here.

this is just my opinion and i do think GM dropped the ball in this sale, it should have never made it to the lot, and the dealer should have never sold it, but it was.

Last edited by DenverTaco07; 04-04-2016 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:59 PM   #52
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
yes, no law being broken, so it is about being made whole, and will a judge also not think that offering to repaint the car is a reasonable solution?

i'm just saying....it's a waste of time and money to pursue litigation... it simply will not yield any results other than what is already being offered.

i've had a new car with paint issue, and yes i was pissed, but I was made whole when they repainted it.

i get it, it is an emotional thing...an expensive car, but when you take emotion out....you get a new paint job, maybe a monthly payment, and move on.

i have a feeling there is more to the story here.

this is just my opinion and i do think GM dropped the ball in this sale, it should have never made it to the lot, and the dealer should have never sold it, but it was.

Trust me I've been tossing it in my mind since this all started , I get the fact a repaint might be ok but when they said they won't stand behind the paint after a shop paints it that is really scary, More to the story I'm really not sure what that means but I've been posting this whole journey , emotional yes I'm a car guy I wash my cars pretty much daily and I love my cars to look sound and go fast , I guess my emotions right now when I look at my car or get behind the wheel is like I came home and caught my girl with my best friend, ashamed, disappointed, disconnected and really just don't want to even look at it , and when I do get behind the wheel ,,, I just want to beat the crap out of it ,, make sense probably not but that is somewhat how I feel. Hopefully anyone on here that maybe waiting or picking up their car soon will read this and maybe it will save them the same agony,
Old 04-04-2016, 11:10 PM   #53
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
I love camaros and all, but if this happened to me I straight up would never buy another Chevy. If my car was 10k new and I was treated like this id be pissed, given it is 50k just makes it that much more unacceptable.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:56 PM   #54
Lethalphoenix

Drives: 2013 SS// 2016 SS
I myself have not had any issues with my 2016 1ss..... As of yet! I love the car! I do understand how the op feels, it's got to suck! But some of the crap other people are saying about the op's issues is crazy! IT'S A NEW CAR!!!! Here's an idea.... Let's just hand GM 38-50k of hard earned money, take whatever they give us, don't say a word and just let them get over on you, then do GM's job for them and thank them for using our tax dollars to bail them out of their mess in the first place! Perfect!!
Old 04-05-2016, 01:49 AM   #55
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1&6 View Post
I Purchased my 2SS on December 12 , I didn't follow the procedure of fully checking over my Car , I have a Thread
( I'm so pissed ) in the warranty problem category. After months of going back and forth, The dealership and chevrolet have decided to not trade my car for a properly painted 50k sticker sports car. Now they want me to take or leave them repainting my car and me losing my warranty for the paint .
Don't just assume like I did that your car is what it should be!!. Be aware that this is a mass production vehicle and people just don't always do their job. Also the Dealership and Chevrolet don't stand by their customers and the product, if you sign the contract and then find something wrong they will not completely stand by their product and do the right thing. This is my 2nd Vehicle in a year that I've had nothing but problems with , I'm ashamed to say that I've been a long standing customer and have supported Chevrolet and other GM products since I was able to Drive SOO ,,,, Buyers BEWARE!!!!!

You would sort of think that Chevy actually uses Quality Control. This is a from the top down management issue. I would get an attorney.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:53 AM   #56
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Delivery checklist in the pricing forums. PRINT IT AND TAKE IT WITH YOU TO THE DEALER. If anything is messed up, refuse delivery!

That shouldn't be neccessary. Thats like ordering a car and you pay for it up front, they deliver it to your door. You are out of town but when you get in town you open the hood and find they forgot to put the engine in because of bad quality control. GM has effed up with this.

Closed Thread