Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 03-04-2016, 08:44 AM   #43
Baddadss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
I've owned both.
I stand by my statement.
The Camaro6 1SS is a better street car, and definitely the better buy.
I to second that had a14 lt1 conv. I like my 2ss better
Baddadss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:02 AM   #44
pdoherty972

Drives: 2013 370Z sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Glad to hear you got a new 6th gen , just got to look at one in person this week and I really like them .
His dream car that he always wanted is a Corvette not the Camaro , And he said he can get his dream car for under $45K , brand new , If he has to sell it and used Corvettes are going for INSANE prices that would be a good thing for the OP
The 2014 Vette wouldn't be new, I wouldn't think.
pdoherty972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:07 AM   #45
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
I just traded my C6 1LT with 20K miles on it for this Camaro. I did this because the 1LT was fairly minimalistic. So, I wanted my Camaro to have a few amenities and I'm glad I did. In essence, the Camaro is just about a two seater, for all practical purposes, but you can stretch the definition of 4 seats if you really want to.

I wouldn't trade my Camaro experience for a base C7, period!

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:40 PM   #46
harmonyp

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Silver Ice Metallic Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
Wow so many responses! I appreciate the input from everyone! I know this is a Camaro forum but I've been on and off here for a while and I respect everyone's opinion. Lots of insight in this thread and I still have a lot of time to think about it and hopefully have some price drops as we near September.

I agree with everyone that says I need to drive both cars to get a better idea on what best suits me. I'm a little guy (5'6 160lbs) so I'm sure the Stingray won't be a problem. As of now my heart is set on the Stingray but I will definitely continue doing research while I wait. Thanks all!
This is good. You can get endless advice, but none will be worth anything once you drive each. They are two entirely different cars, serve two different purposes. If you are lucky you'll like one, and fall in love with the other, and your answer will be clear. Anyone's guess which way it'll go - they are both great cars.
harmonyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:39 PM   #47
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
I bought a 5th generation camaro SS the first year you could buy them. I was very active on this forum, and had a lot of mods done to my SS. (15 grand in mods)

This time around with a bigger budget i went for a Z51 corvette.

After owning a camaro(not a 6th generation camaro), and a corvette. I would never buy a camaro again IF (this is a big IF) i can afford a new corvette. Heres why

Between SS and a stingray the performance of both cars is pretty much going to leave any daily driven car person happy.

The interior of both cars is going to leave either person happy.

But where the corvette shines is the exterior styling. It has more of that wow factor. The Corvette is the best car for the money when you factor in both performance and looks. Heres what you wont see on a camaro forum.
Attached Images

mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:40 PM   #48
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
I bought a 5th generation camaro SS the first year you could buy them. I was very active on this forum, and had a lot of mods done to my SS. (15 grand in mods)

This time around with a bigger budget i went for a Z51 corvette.

After owning a camaro(not a 6th generation camaro), and a corvette. I would never buy a camaro again IF (this is a big IF) i can afford a new corvette. Heres why

Between SS and a stingray the performance of both cars is pretty much going to leave any daily driven car person happy.

The interior of both cars is going to leave either person happy.

But where the corvette shines is the exterior styling. It has more of that wow factor. The Corvette is the best car for the money when you factor in both performance and looks. Heres what you wont see on a camaro forum.
Wow that Ferrari is WOW! The corvette falls flat when compared to that (not fair at all), but it's definitely a looker too and an insane value. I'm starting to lean towards a Grand Sport myself.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:32 AM   #49
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
like asking are you a leg man or curve man, I'm a leg man so that would be a Camaro.. LOL
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:58 AM   #50
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post

Last and possible most important, since you hinted at it twice..... you get the security of knowing that with a ( marginal) backseat... if you get hitched and start popping out kids you can prob hold onto the Camaro whereas your new family matriarch will most likely pester you continuously on a continued existence with a two seat Corvette.
Yeah you can hold onto the Camaro but the kid isn't gonna be able to ride in it for like a year or even two. Rear Facing Seats won't fit unless you or your wife are midgets...even then, probably not. I know someone had a thread up where they put the rear-facing in the center rear but that is sketchy at best...that really isn't a seat and if you brought it to one of the child seat inspection clinics they'd laugh you out the door.

Once the kid is in a front facing, you can do it if whoever they sit behind is not tall.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:16 AM   #51
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
After renting a corvette stingray in Florida last year i fell in love, more in regards to the LT1 motor looks and speed. What i did know if that my wife was against me getting a 2 door in the first place. Well 2 seater was out of the question due to our 4 year old daughter but it didnt take much to convince my wife to get the Camaro as it had the rear seats in them. I know there is no dam room in the back for much but still got me my baby White Summit sitting in my garage!!!!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:40 PM   #52
at7000ft

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
I'm in this same situation (car just built, though :|, 3800 status) but all my friends are like why the camaro? Get a used vette! (Found several used 2015s for 48k and above but would have to travel, or work out something)

They also cite the SAME REASONS that your friends say about children, age, etc... only I am about 3 years older than you. It's the worst. Non car "people" know what the vette is and with the Camaro it's just seen as a trash tier thing to have and it is super annoying. In the motortrend video review like one of the hosts said the worst thing about the Camaro is the badge and brand or whatever.

I'm all for getting what I want and ignoring other people but Jesus, there really is a stigma when you compare these two cars with normal people.

Don't know what to tell you other than this really struck a chord with me... good luck! Post what you decide on!
Me too. $41k for a new 1SS and used C7s now approaching the mid 40s (and with the C7 grand sports coming out this summer should fall even faster), hard decision. But I never thought of adding social stigma to the equation:

Camero - trailer trash younger white male
Corvette - wealthier than average fat old white man

Guess since I am already a fat old white man I may as well go for the vette
at7000ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:56 PM   #53
at7000ft

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
The biggest issue the OP has is the loss of "utility" going from 4 seats to 2. If I was in his situation, I'd get the Vette...awesome age to be able to afford one with no outside attachments to hold you down.

If you ever really need to transport people or more stuff than can fit in the Vette...rent a car or call a taxi/uber.
Agree, had an 08 vette and after test driving the 16 SS my opinion is the SS is a great car and I may order one but it is just as impractical as the vette (worthless in snow, essentially a two seater, have to lower the back seat back just to get a golf bag into the trunk, could get 2 golf bags easily in the back of the vette). If you have always wanted a vette get one.
at7000ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:03 AM   #54
flarunner

Drives: Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
The problem is that the prices that used Corvette owners are demanding for their cars are INSANE.
F them.
I bought a NEW Camaro SS for LESS and got a better street car in my opinion, especially for daily driving.

Thats you opinion as I dont see how it is a better street car.

Where I live now in NC you see TONS of camaros and very few C7s. Someone asked was my C7 a Ferrari in the Drive Thru one day. That will NEVER happen with a camaro.

Bottom line is the C7 is Chevys flagship car.. It looks BETTER and will get more attention on the road. And while still close driven by equal drivers performs better. Yes despite Camaros weight reduction the C7 is still a faster car.....

To non car people your camaro is just one of a 1000 they have seen on the road that day mixed in with the same looking and more seen V6's.

The C7 is faster, looks better and will turn more heads. Anytime you or any camaro owner here want to deny this lets put some cash on it go to a local mall and ask people coming out which looks better. Tally up the votes and winner takes the cash..

We are on A CAMARO forum and the Base Vette is being recommend almost as much and the Z51 dominates the poll http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408944.

That tells you all ya need to know.

To sum it up the 6th Gen Camaro is a nice car but it aint no Vette and never will be. There is a reason the vette costs more even in base form

C7>Camaro Camaro>Mustang

OP The vette is ya dream car go wit it. Riding in my C7 makes me feel like I hit the lottery..... You dont get that with a camaro sorry folks.

Last edited by flarunner; 04-01-2016 at 08:41 AM.
flarunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:48 AM   #55
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
I'm sorry, but that is kind of subjective ^^^^... I could have afforded a used Corvette and still picked my Camaro... Mind you, I LOVE the look of the top of the line Vette, and I do agree the back end looks better.. But overall, the Camaro, for me at least, is the right car, at the right time..

Performance wise, the Camaro has shown to be better than the Vette (for now).. All it's coming down to is looks and preferences...
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:30 AM   #56
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
Performance wise, the Camaro has shown to be better than the Vette (for now).. All it's coming down to is looks and preferences...

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is online now   Reply With Quote