Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-15-2015, 08:56 PM   #43
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
That's not bad gains for just LT's. That sucks to hear the install is worse than a 4th gen. Coming from a 4th gen to a 5th gen, I was shocked how easy headers were to install.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 01:40 PM   #44
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Gains will be larger from the headers swap when combined with other mods like Cold air kit.

Currently the stock air box is a pretty good Choke on air flow.

The headers are doing a great job of getting it out but there is still a restriction on getting air in.

Ted.
Yes, I'm sure they will be. But the gains on 4th and 5th gens from headers alone were much larger on their own. That speaks to me that GM may have designed their first ever halfway decent set of manifolds. That's pretty neat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
And so many guys said there would be nothing left to gain with long tubes because of the better manifold on the camaro. I guess this ends that debate. I'd like to see what it could do with an off-road pipe instead of cats. Maybe it could hit 20hp/20lbft. We're you able to get a weight difference between stock and aftermarket?
I don't think anyone came anywhere close to saying there would be nothing left to gain with longtubes. I think this proves the stock tri-y manifolds are pretty darn good considering headers AND high flow cats only freed up 16rwhp. Gains were double that on 4th and 5th gens, and considering this is a more powerful motor, that 16rwhp becomes a smaller figure in terms of percentage. Solo high flow cats alone picked up 15rwhp on stock 5th Gens.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:51 PM   #45
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
Yes, I'm sure they will be. But the gains on 4th and 5th gens from headers alone were much larger on their own. That speaks to me that GM may have designed their first ever halfway decent set of manifolds. That's pretty neat.

I don't think anyone came anywhere close to saying there would be nothing left to gain with longtubes. I think this proves the stock tri-y manifolds are pretty darn good considering headers AND high flow cats only freed up 16rwhp. Gains were double that on 4th and 5th gens, and considering this is a more powerful motor, that 16rwhp becomes a smaller figure in terms of percentage. Solo high flow cats alone picked up 15rwhp on stock 5th Gens.
Direct injection and Variable cam, better cylinder head all play in to it.

The better it is from the factory the harder it is to make gains.

Thanks, Happy Holidays guys.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:39 PM   #46
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Sat in one the other day. Seeing how much power these things put down has me sold.

Will be getting in one in 2017 or 18 for sure. Can't wait to see what they'll do with full bolt ons and a tune.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:25 PM   #47
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post

Scroll down to the bottom of the page in this section. It's a discussion about STOCK vs shorty vs long tubes. It's just a small batch of the guys who've said they wouldn't be worth it. And while the % might be a smaller gain its still damn impressive for how much they make stock imo.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:12 AM   #48
JANNETTYRACING

We are also likely to see gains from the exhaust that is being built as we speak.

The factory exhaust has a lot of bends, and crimps and steps in it.

Ted.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:34 PM   #49
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Uh oh, the install complexity is giving me pause. I was able to install LT headers on my Gen5 with relative ease using jack stands. Is there anything else needed other than a lift? I don't even have a Gen6 yet but, CAI, ported TB, and LT headers with a custom Jannetty tune transformed my Gen5 into pretty much a perfect car. I look to do the same when I get my Gen6.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:27 PM   #50
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Car left here an hour ago to go to ARH for them to Make Mid pipes for production systems. so it should be very soon.

We will also be testing 1 3/4 headers.

Thank you for your business.

Ted.
I'm excited to hear how this sounds with the LT's and catless mid-pipe
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:52 PM   #51
TrickracenLS3

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
Too bad it wasn't tested on the npp exhaust. Post if you guys get a chance to test with the npp.
TrickracenLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:47 AM   #52
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
Uh oh, the install complexity is giving me pause. I was able to install LT headers on my Gen5 with relative ease using jack stands. Is there anything else needed other than a lift? I don't even have a Gen6 yet but, CAI, ported TB, and LT headers with a custom Jannetty tune transformed my Gen5 into pretty much a perfect car. I look to do the same when I get my Gen6.
NO worries Darth,

ARH is hard at work to make the install as easy as possible with a modular system.

Thank you for your business and support.

Happy Holidays.

Ted.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:50 AM   #53
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickracenLS3 View Post
Too bad it wasn't tested on the npp exhaust. Post if you guys get a chance to test with the npp.
I am sure we will.

Ted.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:11 AM   #54
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Here you go.
Stock stuff looks nice. Mandrel bent too (with crush points...weird).

I'll bet swapping out the pipes behind the first cats with a catless piece and H/X pipe will provide 80% the gains, seeing as how the stock manifolds are turbular Tri-y. Then you would have 2 of the 4 cats still and a crossover.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:45 PM   #55
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Thanks for making me feel more at ease Ted. It'll be close to Summer by the time I get a new SS and I'll probably wait a year to save some cash and at least get the car broken in before I do the upgrades. By that time, I'm sure everything will have been perfected. And when the time comes, Jannettyracing will be getting my business.

Quote:
NO worries Darth,

ARH is hard at work to make the install as easy as possible with a modular system.

Thank you for your business and support.

Happy Holidays.

Ted.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #56
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
Thanks for making me feel more at ease Ted. It'll be close to Summer by the time I get a new SS and I'll probably wait a year to save some cash and at least get the car broken in before I do the upgrades. By that time, I'm sure everything will have been perfected. And when the time comes, Jannettyracing will be getting my business.

Your welcome, Happy Holidays.

Ted.