Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
These threads are so entertaining.....
Old 04-16-2014, 03:13 PM   #44
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
Will anyone with a law degree in here please raise their hand? [raises hand] Will The person that posted that it is legal in Arizona to pull over "colored" people please point me to that law? I'd love to read it. Thanks.
Obviously you've never been to Arizona or heard what started a few years ago. I know a cop from Arizona personally and he along with co-workers have been pressured to pull people over if they suspect someone is not a citizen. Now you tell me how can you "suspect" someone is not a citizen, im an engineer and I can connect the dots but anyone else can too. It doesn't spell out pull colored people over but come on a person with a law degree should be able to figure it out right? Not made up, just facts here buddy. It also came out in the news when a famous baseball player got pulled over when Arizona put it into effect, this was during the world series classic down in arizona.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #45
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
how can you suspect someone isn't a citizen if you havn't got them pulled over yet?
that must be real easy to tell from behind a car looking through tinted windows.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #46
1meanls3

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS SIM
thats crazy
iv never had an issue when i visit my bro in oshawa
and i have an axle back on mine
1meanls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #47
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbheat View Post
Obviously you've never been to Arizona or heard what started a few years ago. I know a cop from Arizona personally and he along with co-workers have been pressured to pull people over if they suspect someone is not a citizen. Now you tell me how can you "suspect" someone is not a citizen, im an engineer and I can connect the dots but anyone else can too. It doesn't spell out pull colored people over but come on a person with a law degree should be able to figure it out right? Not made up, just facts here buddy. It also came out in the news when a famous baseball player got pulled over when Arizona put it into effect, this was during the world series classic down in arizona.

I stand corrected, you said they had the right...which I took to mean it was some established law not an unwritten policy of a few racist a-holes.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #48
F-16 Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black
AZ law after it passed through the Supreme Court. Have a read if so inclined:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/98188608/S...mmigration-law
F-16 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:33 PM   #49
F-16 Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin2013ls View Post
thats crazy
iv never had an issue when i visit my bro in oshawa
and i have an axle back on mine
If your name is any indication I think you'll be free of harassment.
F-16 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:22 PM   #50
thedelrizz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I live in Toronto, had two loud camaros. Got lots of hate from Neighbors, never cops. Could just be that person was in a bad mood.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #51
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
"Legit reason" has to be at least "reasonable suspicion", and that is pretty clearly defined. I have never stopped anyone for loud exhaust in my life, but as an example, last night, I was on the freeway, and a guy went by me doing 90 in a 55, cut me off, then cut off 3 other cars before I caught up to him. I pulled him over and he was drunk, and didn't even see me when he passed me. What I observed gave me more then "reasonable suspicion" since he already committed a criminal act in front of me, so at that I time had probable cause to stop and make an arrest just based on what I saw. The fact that he was drunk once stopped just adds another charge.

Profiling is making a stop based solely on someone's appearance, race, religion, creed etc. However, at times, profiling is appropriate, but it has to be supported by case law, or the criteria used for that specific profiling incident has to be clearly established by current law enforcement standards and practices. For example, especially in AZ, and I'm gonna assume Texas and California, we have the ability to profile people as "Sinaloa Cowboys". If you see a vehicle, occupied by a Hispanic male, with clear indicators of cartel affiliation (Crossed AK47s sticker on the back window, CDS with skull and bones sticker, La Santa Muerte hanging off the rear view etc or a combination of multiple indicators of said affiliation), you can assume that guy is not here to just make a nice living for himself and his family using legal means. Even in that case, we still wait for a traffic violation before a stop is initiated, just due to the fact if anything does come of the stop, it will make for a stronger case in court.

Getting pulled over for a car being too loud is chicken shit and a waste of time. There are worse things going on out there....well maybe not in Canada
Deki, sounds like you do a little highway interdiction. Have you been to Desert Snow?
Old 04-16-2014, 04:51 PM   #52
MrWray
SYBIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B_InfernoSS View Post
I ask these sorts of questions all the time. We are stupid with meth out here, so asking simple questions in succession quickly gives us indicators if someone is being honest or not. If the people are coming from out of town to my city, that is odd and makes me press more into their visit. If your answers to our questions make sense and you are honest nothing more comes of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly
Old 04-16-2014, 05:21 PM   #53
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
My Camaro is a lot louder then stock...I have an opp police station in the town I live in. When I pass an opp cruiser..[ which is sometimes 3 time over a day]..I always look to see if they are looking at me...9 times out of 10 they don't bother. theres always so much more to these stories then people post. A stock Camaro is quiet...very quiet...unless your driving fast or a little aggressive ..the kids in the Honda civics attract cops more then the Camaro guys.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #54
MrWray
SYBIL

My car is loud enough to wake the dead, and ive never been harrassed or been bothered my law enforcement, they usually give a thumbs up or a wave
Old 04-16-2014, 06:41 PM   #55
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
If your car was completely stock, I would have insisted on him giving me the damn ticket and then insisted he call his shift supervisor, and gave me his badge number. More to the point I would have insisted knowing why he pulled me over first, before giving him any of my information.
Sure you had done just that !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #56
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-16 Camaro View Post
Thanks for spreading your ignorance but the internet is all stocked up.

If you truly believe that a cop can pull you over if "it looked like you're speeding" I'll happily take your share of your rights as you're obviously not using them.

In order to initiate a stop the police officer MUST observe a violation or crime, OR have probable cause(that means observable evidence prior to the stop) that there is a crime.

When a cop stops me and asks "Do you know why I pulled you over" my immediate response is: "the burden of proof is on you, not me; so tell me why did you pull me over?"

You're one hell of a Freedom Fighter aren't you? Thank you for all that you do for us.

You're telling me you can't tell if a car is going faster than normal on a given road? Like say the speed limit is 30 and a car is doing 60, you wouldn't be able to tell he was speeding? Yea, keep shoveling that BS.

All i was saying is that if the cop pulled the OP over it was for a reason. Not just to ask him who's car it is. maybe they're looking for a stolen Camaro. I don't ****in know, and neither do you. So get off your high horse George Washington.