Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: Should i get the 2014 Camaro Or keep my 2013?
2013 2LS 105 76.64%
2014 2LS 34 24.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #43
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Keep what you got.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #44
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_DILLA View Post
ok guys so as you can see i have a 2013 2LS with these beautiful ZL1 reps 20x9.5 on 275/40/20 and 20x10 rear 315/35/20, I have been looking at the 2014 and i called the dealer i got mine from my dealership in December and i told him i was interested in setting a appt to see the 2014 when they get it.. I'm thinking i wanna get the 2014, it kills me that i got my 2013 and 4 months later HELLO!!! here's the 2014 changed up... what you think i should do? no to much of a fan of the tail lights but i like the front of 2014..
Keep your '13. In less than a year I bet there will be a bolt on front bumper in the '14 style that will fit on our cars.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #45
jravenfan

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic
There has been a number of these types of threads the past few days, Upgrade from 2103 to 2014, upgraded from 2013 v6 to 2103 v8 and so on. Do people take time to a little research, multiple test drives and look what the next year models will look like before making a decision. When I buy a car I want to feel comfortable with my decision and keep it for a good while. Take time in making your purchasing decisions and then be satisfied with what you have. I bought my 2013 because I like the look better than what I was able to see of the 2014 refresh and I am glad I did.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #46
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman53201 View Post
the bigger difference is if you do a lot of highway driving.

24mpg vs 30mpg

either way, i wouldnt trade a v6 for a v6
Was giving combined MPG numbers, which is a more accurate comparison of what we will average
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #47
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Hey wanna flush money...send some our way....like your 2ls needed zl1 wheels...lol good thing your in arizona as maybe it will never get cold enough to not be able to drive your car due to the fact the tires are tempermental to cold real bad...........and there are like two companies that make tires to fit those rims. You would have been a lot better off getting ss sized rims. And you could just wait a couple years to try to pay down the money they are gonna add onto the loan from biting it hard on the trade in as every mile on your car is a dollar lost off the value most likely and 5k the second you drove it off the lot in trade in value....You will have to haggle for high KBB value, and most people here prefer the 13s rear end and front end...so not much love here............Who knows maybe the 15's will have some meaningful performance gain? not just a face lift and a color display............Oh yes and a optional recaros which buy the way anyone could have bought and swapped in the camaro if they really thought they were all that.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #48
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamslam3 View Post
why would u do tht the 14s r ugly
Old 06-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #49
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Drives: Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
just to give you guys a heads up.. the 2014 is not the last camaro being made but yet the last with power!they will make another camaro but "a daily driver with less HP than the 2010-2013" and that being said it might just have better mpg..
A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #50
pmandeep

Drives: 2013 VR 2LT/RS
Just stay with the 2013 2LS that you have, unless you plan on spending to swap out for V8. It would still be a waste of money, especially when 6th gens will be out soon. Like others said rock on with your 2013 and wait till the 6th gens are out.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #51
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmandeep View Post
Just stay with the 2013 2LS that you have, unless you plan on spending to swap out for V8. It would still be a waste of money, especially when 6th gens will be out soon. Like others said rock on with your 2013 and wait till the 6th gens are out.
Forsure bro I think I'm gonna stick to it and figure out which exhaust to go with, I need to be deep and rumble not sound raspy.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #52
pmandeep

Quote:
Forsure bro I think I'm gonna stick to it and figure out which exhaust to go with, I need to be deep and rumble not sound raspy.
Yea. I am going to be looking into getting exhaust pretty soon as well, currently I am thinking of getting CAI + MRT V2 + Magnaflow x-pipe together as my next upgrade. I would like to have a sleeper car when cruising and an awesome roar when I step on it.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #53
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Yea. I am going to be looking into getting exhaust pretty soon as well, currently I am thinking of getting CAI + MRT V2 + Magnaflow x-pipe together as my next upgrade. I would like to have a sleeper car when cruising and an awesome roar when I step on it.
Bro do you know if anyone has that setup? Sounds like it will be nasty.. I like the quad tips on the 2014. Matter of fact the back bumper in general is nice because it has that back part that up the bumper.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #54
pmandeep

Quote:
Bro do you know if anyone has that setup? Sounds like it will be nasty.. I like the quad tips on the 2014. Matter of fact the back bumper in general is nice because it has that back part that up the bumper.
I am sure many of the fellow members here are running the CAI + MRT V2.0 + Magnaflow x-pipe setup on here. I myself also love the look of having quad tip exhaust on my car and I am thinking I might end up doing something along the lines of what this fellow member did here. --> LINK

If you want a quad tip on your V6, all you need to do for that is get yourself a quad tip rear diffuser, I am sure patrick from GM Parts can get you one (just contact him about that) and then find the quad tips that would fit and look nice on the MRT V2 that you like. I am just trying to save up enough so I can get this whole thing set up in one go as I don't really want to split em up and besides this is as far as I am going with my performance mods on my LFX.

Check out this video from RCAT, he is also a fellow member and if I am not mistaken in that video with his V6 he is also running CAI + MRT V2 + Magnaflow x-pipe. --> LINK

I just love the sound of it when he does the pass by and somebody from the second Camaro is recording him.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #55
ichriscamaro
BlueDiamond

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE RRM
if I was gonna get a Manual 2014 then I would do it , otherwise I would keep the one you have. Too much money to loose.
ichriscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #56
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Quote:
I am sure many of the fellow members here are running the CAI + MRT V2.0 + Magnaflow x-pipe setup on here. I myself also love the look of having quad tip exhaust on my car and I am thinking I might end up doing something along the lines of what this fellow member did here. --> LINK

If you want a quad tip on your V6, all you need to do for that is get yourself a quad tip rear diffuser, I am sure patrick from GM Parts can get you one (just contact him about that) and then find the quad tips that would fit and look nice on the MRT V2 that you like. I am just trying to save up enough so I can get this whole thing set up in one go as I don't really want to split em up and besides this is as far as I am going with my performance mods on my LFX.

Check out this video from RCAT, he is also a fellow member and if I am not mistaken in that video with his V6 he is also running CAI + MRT V2 + Magnaflow x-pipe. --> LINK

I just love the sound of it when he does the pass by and somebody from the second Camaro is recording him.
sounds amazing bro, if he put BBK long tube headers would it sound more deeper?