#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #43
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
#19 Justin Pugh to the Giants

Another pick that leaves me scratching my head. I forgot the Big East even PLAYED football (except for that damn Louisville/Florida bowl game). Not a first round-worthy pick, arguably a mid-second... This guy isn't even a guaranteed T as he profiles better as a G. The Giants typically draft more intelligently.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #44
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
#19 Justin Pugh to the Giants

Another pick that leaves me scratching my head. I forgot the Big East even PLAYED football (except for that damn Louisville/Florida bowl game). Not a first round-worthy pick, arguably a mid-second... This guy isn't even a guaranteed T as he profiles better as a G. The Giants typically draft more intelligently.
C'mon, we talking about the G-men here, I don't think they had their thinking caps on tonight. Their #19 pick deserves a WTF?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #45
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

#20 Kyle Long to the Bears

What is with all these second round talents getting selected so soon? It's clear the run on OLinemen during the top half of the first round has led to teams reaching.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #46
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

#21 Tyler Eifert to the Bengals

Does this mean they have lost faith in Jermaine Gresham? Probably not. Being in the AFC North and working twice a year against the Steelers and Ravens, it wouldn't be surprising to see the Bengals start using more 2 tight end sets to provide more protection for Dalton. Also, Eifert is another weapon as well.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #47
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

#22 St Louis trade back (again) to the Falcons, select Desmond Trufant

Right player, right spot. Hopefully he ends up a little more successful than his older brother, but the Falcons really needed someone at DB, especially playing against the Brees and Newton so often.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #48
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

#23 Sharrif Floyd to Vikings

AMAZING value here as Floyd was mocked as high as 3rd in many mocks. He was a top recruit nationally coming out of high school and had a solid career at Florida who was overshadowed in the Swamp by underwhelming teams. Hate to see a player I like go to the NFC North, but glad he's finally selected.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #49
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
#5 Ziggy Ansah to the Lions

I don't know much about him other than he was a highly ranked prospect, but I don't really trust the players that shoot up draft boards like he did.

On another note, I was really hoping they'd take Tavon Austin with this pick. The Lions could use a good receiver opposite CJ2K, and between those two and Reggie Bush, they would have no doubt the most electrifying offense... ever?
I am not exactly happy about the Ziggy pick. He only been playing for 3 years. I hope he does not end like Joey Harrington, Charles Rogers or Willams. They was a complete bust. Harrington only had 1 good year at QB for Oregon his senior year.
You are right about Tayon Austin. CJ2k, Austin and Reggie bush and Pettigrw as the Te would make one hell of a Offense.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #50
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

#24 Bjoern Werner to the Colts

Not a bad way to replace Dwight Freeney... still a raw player with upside. Watched a special on him on ESPN the other day talking about how he got interested in football in Germany which was pretty cool. Surprised they didn't look at a WR - Reggie Wayne won't last forever.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #51
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

#25 Xavier Rhodes to the Vikins

Too bad they didn't take Teo. I want him off the board so I KNOW the Ravens won't select him. Solid CB coming from a school who knows how to produce them. The Vikes need some help on offense and would benefit from picking Patterson or another WR here, but can't really complain about either of these picks.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #52
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

#26 Datone Jones to the Packers

Combine champion, decent player during the season. Wouldn't be surprised to see Patterson here either to replace Jennings.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #53
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
#23 Sharrif Floyd to Vikings

AMAZING value here as Floyd was mocked as high as 3rd in many mocks. He was a top recruit nationally coming out of high school and had a solid career at Florida who was overshadowed in the Swamp by underwhelming teams. Hate to see a player I like go to the NFC North, but glad he's finally selected.
I like having a team that develops young talent, however I'm ok with trading a pick for this guy...and get Percy Harvin in trade.

It will be interesting to see what we (and others) get from the other draft rounds. Who is the next Tom Brady.

edit: Wrong Vikings pick...it was the 25th pick.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #54
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

#27 DeAndre Hopkins to Houston

Not surprised they went WR as AJohnson won't last forever. He is a big play receiver and will complement him well and help Shaub be able to sling the ball around like he can do well.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #55
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Jarvis Jones to my Steelers, I'm very Happy with that pick, Jones has already been to the Steelers facility for an official visit, and Jones has been working out with Ike Taylor in recent months and expressed his excitement with joining the Steelers, Here We Go Steelers

Last edited by 2010 SSRS; 04-25-2013 at 10:33 PM.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #56
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

#28 Sylvester Williams to the Broncos

It's crazy how many 1st rounders UNC has produced in the past few years compared to how mediocre their team has been performance-wise. Another good value pick at DT. I would have gone Cyprien here to replace Rahim Moore, but Moore keeping his roster spot only bodes well for the Ravens opener...