Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-01-2011, 03:27 AM   #43
Jimi Mack

Drives: 2011 LT1 RS
I've owned both and to be honest, I prefer the Camaro. I honestly think that the Camaro drives much better and easier than the Challenger. When you hear people complain about limited view in the Camaro, the Challenger is worse. As far as someone's comment about the Camaro being faster, if it's speed you're looking for, both models can be modded with many upgrades to get you the horsepower you're looking for. Neither one is THAT much faster and on any given day, one would beat the other.

I seriously got MUCH more attention in our Challenger, so be aware of this too. Honestly, which body style and interior do you like better? The interior of the Camaro is nicer, but it's also smaller inside. If you're going to ever have extra people riding along, the Challenger would suit you better. Pick what you like best and be assured that either choice is the right choice. They are both well built and reliable vehicles. I do miss my SRT, but...I'm not dead yet. I will someday own another.
Attached Images

Jimi Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:08 AM   #44
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
i am boist camaro i also am a chevy fan boy but reguardless of that i will try to be fair here

flame me for this but if not the camaro i would take this....

at the last car show i went too someone had an 11 challenger with a 3.6 litter v6 in it i got to admite it was a nice car very nice not to mention it starts at 24,500 something so about a grand more then the camaro LS if not for the camaro i would get that my .02 cents

*EDIT* side note i love the ass end of the challenger with how the whole outter rim lights up its a sweet looking car IMO

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:

Last edited by Nightfall; 08-01-2011 at 04:20 AM.
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:28 AM   #45
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
This thread started out about a 1SS vs an R/T Challenger. Where did the V6 even come into the conversation? The OP never mentioned the possibility of a V6. He wants an R/T or an SS. That means V8.
REDXIIIDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:32 AM   #46
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
The 5th gen Camaro isnt a F body. GM killed the F body dead in 2002 and it will never return.
And you are whom in the GM hierarchy?
REDXIIIDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:42 AM   #47
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXIIIDave View Post
This thread started out about a 1SS vs an R/T Challenger. Where did the V6 even come into the conversation? The OP never mentioned the possibility of a V6. He wants an R/T or an SS. That means V8.
not everthing is about the v8 though ppl like to think it is just saying man

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #48
BlueDragonVT

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
If you are looking at an '09 R/T vs. a '10 SS, you are going to get more muscle with the Camaro.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #49
Jagerday

Drives: 2010 RJT SS/RS LS3
I drove both before deciding on my 2010 1SS. I really do like the way the challenger looks. But in the end I went with the Camaro because it has about 50 extra HP and still gets better MPG. I still find myself driving by a R/T and thinking "my car is faster than yours"(assuming his is stock) Also when driving the challenger I kind of felt like I was driving a couch, I did not think it handled nearly as well as the Camaro. Lastly, as previously stated I think the Camaro interior is superior. This is just my opinion, but it is your choice go with what YOU want. All this said, the Challenger is still a sexy ride.
Jagerday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #50
MiracleAces

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS Coupe
Obviously it's a matter of taste, but I think the Challenger is one of the most boring looking cars made. Dodge (and Chrysler for that matter) just need to dump their design teams altogether and start from scratch. The interior of their cars are of the poorest quality.

"Being persistant and never giving up may not always get the job done, but it just may annoy someone else enough to make it worth your while."
MiracleAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #51
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
camaros suck
all the guys from Columbus say you do too. Troll.

back on topic - test drive them both and buy the one you like best. Cars will have problems, so which one has less? Crap shoot.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #52
Tigg
Irreverent Schmoe

Drives: Black 2010 2SS
When I was looking I had my heart set on a Challenger even though I am a GM guy..I thought the Challenger was the ride for me until......I drove them and the Camaro won me over...The Challenger is a very nice ride and I like them a lot...Either way I think you will be happy with what you get...Good luck Bro
Old 08-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #53
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Personally, I would love to have an SRT8 and an SS in my Garage. I like both of them for different reasons. The challenger is more of a freeway cruiser. The Camaro is somewhat better balanced.

Add the premium of an SRT8 and the Guzzler tax, and the decision becomes a bit easier.

However, at the right time of year, you can pretty much wipe away the price premium as model years change.

The R/T just isn't quite in the same league as an SS. I have dirven one for a week recently. Granted it was nice car. Rode nice and had enough juice to get us around. But, it wasn't quite up to the standards of my Rosie.

You will basically have to make your own decision. I did, and am happy with what I have!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #54
mikeyroche

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Camaro will give you better performance and I think it has better exterior looks. I think the challenger looks to plain. And I have a Challenger by my car in the parking lot, and my car always gets the shouts or thumbs. The biggest thing other then that was the seats. I simply did not like how you sat in the Challenger. It feels like a sedan seat, sit to high, to upright, to much space. In the Camaro you can sit low and back, nestled into the seat and it feels like a rocket. yes the Challenger has a nicer interior but I didn't buy a powerful performance muscle car for the interior. You can always modify or style the interior. The thing that makes the camaro less appealing in this respect is the gauges and stero layout. However it does give it a muscle car feel and the dash and side door inserts can be changed to look really nice. The Chrome Camaro plate at the door is another great touch. Looking at everything, you just get so much more for your money with the Camaro, nothing against the Challenger, its a very good car... But its not the Camaro

2011 Camaro 1SS with RS - K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla Atak Exhaust, Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, SLP 'SS' Front Grille Emblem, Blue LED interior lighting, Camaro Victory Red Seatbelt Harness pads NEXT - Corvette LS3 Victory Red Fuel Rail Covers(Awaiting Installation), Window Tinting, Custom Leather Interior.
mikeyroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #55
stevea

Drives: just a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i would be interested in what the other forum says, post the link
I just looked at the dodge forum and there isn't the same thread. How lame is that that a dodge fan tries to come to a chevy forum and look for dirt?. I test drove all 3 before I made up my mind and you can't go wrong in an SS
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #56
ayceman

Drives: 2007 Dodge Charger SXT, 2010 2SS
Before I took delivery of my Camaro SS, I decided to test drive a Super Track Pack equipped Challenger RT. Since I have always liked Mopars and had a good experience with my Charger I wanted to see how it drove. I loved the seats and the handling was pretty good but I felt it had slightly less power but the NAG1 auto shifted pretty good. In the end though the Camaro was a more complete car, looked stunning, handled slightly better and had more power. Now if I could swing a 392 Challenger, I certainly would not mind having one.
ayceman is offline   Reply With Quote