Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #43
|BLACKSS|

Drives: BLACK 1SS
Seems like alot of people not all but most will go from dodge to ford or from ford to dogde. Squats post #42 is just more proof. It is just strange to me.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #44
Bistem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
I didnt test drive the Challenger before buying, and no, I am not a die hard Camaro lover from way back in my childhood.

I first saw the Camaro when our local dealership had a big hoop-laaa over them getting their first Camaro in. I hadn't even seen the concept car.

When I walked into the dealership that evening, No other car on this planet looked as good to me as this one. I didn't order one that night but it never left my mind till I got one.

As for the Challenger, I absolutely love the looks of it too, just not quite as much as the Camaro. I had heard loads of stories about how the Challenger was much more roomy but much more expensive and underpowered for it's options....ie, 6cyl vs 6cyl or regular V8 Challenger vs Camaro SS. That is why I didnt even go drive one.

The Mustang??? Never, Never, Never and I did drive a 2010 6cyl and GT and have a 20+ yr long friend who has worked at a nearby Ford dealership for almost 20yrs. He could have gotten me a good deal on one but as has been said before, There are WAYYYYY too many Mustangs around.

It turned out that a different friend of over 20yrs had been hired on at the local Chevy dealership and I didnt know it. Saw him up there one day when I had my work truck in the service dept for repairs. He had a job there as finance manager and made me a Very good deal.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #45
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
I'd have pulled the trigger on a 08 srt8 challenger if it was available in manual. Good for me I ordered a Camaro in the fall 08, which like a baby, took 9 months to get. I am happy with my choice.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F

Last edited by tjbusa; 09-13-2010 at 06:13 PM.
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:35 PM   #46
biojack

Drives: 1LT/RS,MRTv2, Injen
The commonality of the Mustang ruins the appeal...I don't hate mustangs, i think some look ok. Performance wise they are nothing to sneeze at..Someone once posted that Mustangs are "secretary cars"; i never knew what that meant until i thought about it a bit more....and the more i think of it some of those Mustangs are ugly and taint the good looking ones...(those 'butter yellow' mustangs from the mid 90s with the horse decals on the doors.....eeek....) those are kinda obscene...

Challengers evoke toughness and a bit of a rebel spirit...i think they are equal (almost) to the Camaros on looks, but not for performance.

On a side noe, i am travelling on business, and my rental is a Chrysler 300........what a terrible handling car...unresponsive and all over the place...seriously not as cool as i thought it would be
biojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #47
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
The Challenger is unique! There is nothing that looks like it! The Mustang on the other hand, looks like a mustang. Everyone knows someone that has one...
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:31 PM   #48
Enchurito

Drives: A horrible condition Subaru GL 1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned Hemi 6 View Post
Lol...dude you drive a 1987 Suburu GL....now that's FUGLY!!!
Nope that car broke, plus I'm trying to raise money for a SGM camaro.
Enchurito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:56 PM   #49
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I think the biggest reason is the huge Chevy/Ford rivalry. A lot of Chevy owners would never buy a Ford, but would consider a Dodge. It may not be true, but that's the way I see it. I'd probably be driving a challenger myself if the Camaro never made it. Although I must say that a lot of Fords new stuff is looking much better to me than than they have in the past, actually most of the American cars do... style is coming back!
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:08 PM   #50
Camaro-Teskey
BlackonBlack

Drives: 2010 Blk Camaro 1LT
the mustang is shit!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:11 PM   #51
GreenMonster
Its all about the U

Drives: 2010 SGM
Spot on! If it wasnt for SGM, 99% sure I'd be driving a challenger right now. To be honest Im glad I got the camaro, Im not a fan of the challenger interior, and I would of been pissed when I found out I got the slowest of the 3 pony cars. one thing I will say say in its defense besides be a great looking car is that I see a LOT less of them than I do camaro's these days!! .... O yeah and mustang NEVER an option!! camaro vs mustang rivalry 4ever!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:53 PM   #52
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
The Challenger be my choice over a mustang. I really really really hate the interior of the new Mustang it really uncomfortable, feels small, and doesn't look good. The Challenger on the other hand kind of plain but feels greats I like how the door handles on the inside have a green/blue backlight really neat, and they are fast. My neighbor got a Challenger R/T and he took me for a few rides and that things great burns out after a sharp corner, the sound of hemi unmatchable, and it has easier vision than the Camaro "easy to get use to the Camaro view though"
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:06 AM   #53
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by zayzaydaboss View Post
why is it that most of us 5th gen camaro owners would choose the challenger as our second car? (including me) lol. or if it wasn't for the camaro most of us would be driving challengers.. why is it that most of us respect and love the challenger more than we ever would pick a mustang? lol.
is it beacuse all of the kills in out ls1's or is it because the mustang has not changed much snice 05?
Old 09-14-2010, 03:58 AM   #54
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
Read what the OP Said again....

"why is it that most of us 5th gen camaro owners would choose the challenger as our second car? "

He doesn't say everyone, he is making a general perception statement.

I would surmise, having talked with several C5 owners, taht there are a lot of us who would have gone for a Challenger, had there been no new Camaro.

Hardly a miscalculation..... Just a generalized view...It is a broader perspective than any one individual. Which is probably based upon conversations and interaction with other C5 people. I know there are some folks around here who have C5's and their second choice would have been a Challenger, myself included.
No need to reread what I understood the first time. "Most" doesn't equate to having said .............." Why is it Some of us Gen5 would choose" .......and as I generally mentioned the Dodge & Ford are both fine other choices and I am among the broader group of Gen5 owners your interacting with.......and to be factual, the SRT-8 Challenger would have been among my other individual choices as well.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote