Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-16-2023, 12:40 PM   #43
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Hey maybe jump over to Camaro5 and see who can’t find parts. Been out of production for 8 years and pretty sure parts haven’t been an issue.

The one issue down the road is the companies that make a business of making replacement parts. Gen6 volumes have been fairly low. Will they tool up? Or buy GM’s tools?
Old 12-16-2023, 12:59 PM   #44
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Hey maybe jump over to Camaro5 and see who can’t find parts. Been out of production for 8 years and pretty sure parts haven’t been an issue.
You've got to be kidding lol. Again you 6th Gen owners will soon see what us 5th Gen owners are already experiencing. But continue to wear those blinders and act like it's not coming for you guys next. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 03:26 PM   #45
MagnumMaro

Drives: 2023 Chevy Camaro
looking on CarGurus... the prices of 2024's on dealership lots have dropped?? interesting. would get 2 more if i had the means to do so.
MagnumMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 05:29 PM   #46
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
You've got to be kidding lol. Again you 6th Gen owners will soon see what us 5th Gen owners are already experiencing. But continue to wear those blinders and act like it's not coming for you guys next. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Like what?

The Zeta platform cars were a bit obscure. The Gen 6 Camaro shared the alpha platform with the Cadillac ATS, CTS/CT4/CT5 so at least in theory there should be a lot more shareable hardware rolling around.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 06:13 PM   #47
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28COP View Post
I started buying some parts after I got mine in 2021. They have to make parts for 7 years after, but as the numbers come down the price goes up. Ugg!!!
The long touted idea that parts must be stocked by OEM’s for ten years or seven years is completely false. There is no law that requires OEM’s to stock parts for any term. The naysayers will say I’m wrong, but I’m not.
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 06:46 PM   #48
speedyink1

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
I was the same way. Figured, eh, not this time, or, maybe later, as the end gets closer. Then, the end got closer, and I still really wanted one. I realized "2024" didn't mean the end of the typical model year in July/August 2024 for these cars, and the order books had already closed and the last car would roll off in December 2023!

So, I located a new 2023 1SS 6-speed nearby on a dealer lot and brought it home. I've kept watch - it's the last lightly optioned 1SS 6-speed I've seen in the area. Everything rolling in for 2024 is expensive, highly optioned, and a lot of convertibles it seems like. Very, very glad, to have been able to walk-in and pay less than MSRP.

I'm also glad to see there was finally mention of the end of production. Given the chatter on some other (non-Camaro) message boards, I don't think a lot of people knew this was coming.
I ended up getting mine a few months ago in August. When did you get yours?

Someone ordered basically the exact car I wanted and cancelled when the car showed up. I had been looking at Camaros all month and was pricing them out, so they called me up at the end of August saying that one just showed up and became available. I went over to test drive it. I got in, and realized no one had even really driven it yet, I really warmed up to just taking that one, rather then risk ordering a 2024. Given the price increase and actual scarcity of the 2024s in my configuration, I'm glad I did, as I would have likely missed out all together!
speedyink1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 08:47 AM   #49
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyink1 View Post
I ended up getting mine a few months ago in August. When did you get yours?

Someone ordered basically the exact car I wanted and cancelled when the car showed up. I had been looking at Camaros all month and was pricing them out, so they called me up at the end of August saying that one just showed up and became available. I went over to test drive it. I got in, and realized no one had even really driven it yet, I really warmed up to just taking that one, rather then risk ordering a 2024. Given the price increase and actual scarcity of the 2024s in my configuration, I'm glad I did, as I would have likely missed out all together!
I got mine the day before Thanksgiving.

It had been sitting on the lot for a few months, dusty and covered in fallout, battery was almost dead. But it only had 8 miles on it and protective plastic all over inside. It turned over (active exhaust cutout open!) and that got my heart pumping. I knew I was taking that car home!

I think the car found me, actually. It's like it was waiting.

I asked them not to prep it. Back in 2002 I was a college kid working at a Chevy dealership the summer they stopped producing the Camaro. I was heartbroken, and, too broke as a student to afford a new one at the time. So to take a new one home, the last of the last, prep it myself, was kind of a symbolic homecoming for me.

I charged the battery that night and then spent the next morning (an unusually nice, dry sunny day in November) to get it washed, clayed, and properly cleaned up.

I ran a search on cars.com and it says there are only 33 new 1SS manual cars listed in the US. There are none in WA state right now, which is home.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 01:10 PM   #50
Adios

Drives: 2023 and 2024 Convertibles
My dealer got the 8th to last car on Radiator's current list, 2SS A6 CE, but the guy who ordered it backed out... lol

Adios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 03:55 PM   #51
FactoryMatt

Drives: '22 2SS 1LE
Quote:

It had been sitting on the lot for a few months, dusty and covered in fallout, battery was almost dead. But it only had 8 miles on it and protective plastic all over inside. It turned over (active exhaust cutout open!) and that got my heart pumping. I knew I was taking that car home!

I asked them not to prep it. Back in 2002 I was a college kid working at a Chevy dealership the summer they stopped producing the Camaro. I was heartbroken, and, too broke as a student to afford a new one at the time. So to take a new one home, the last of the last, prep it myself, was kind of a symbolic homecoming for me.

I charged the battery that night and then spent the next morning (an unusually nice, dry sunny day in November) to get it washed, clayed, and properly cleaned up.

I ran a search on cars.com and it says there are only 33 new 1SS manual cars listed in the US. There are none in WA state right now, which is home.
great post. found mine that same week. growing up i worked with some dudes that had cammed WS6s. never thought i'd be in an F body, but here i am!
FactoryMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 05:42 PM   #52
speedyink1

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE 6MT
Quote:

That's a great story, I agree, I think it was meant to be!
I owned a 4th gen Firebird before this new Camaro, and was always bummed out when they stopped making them in 2002 as well.
I submit though, the new Camaros are super nice and I don't even mind it's not a Firebird =P
speedyink1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 06:31 PM   #53
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
I owned a 2002 Camaro v6 manual in 2004 for about a year. The best thing about the car to me was the 3800. The gen 6 is in a different league.
Old 12-17-2023, 08:11 PM   #54
Edwardo

Drives: 24 Sharkskin Camaro 2SS 6MT
The Plant Manager at Lansing Grand River should of arranged a short 15 minute staff gathering at the end of the assembly line showing the last car.
Edwardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 10:42 PM   #55
paradigm

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:

Good story. How much off MSRP did you manage to get it for?

I ordered my car December of 2021 (1SS 1LE with no options), and in April of 2022 after receiving no updates, I was told by the dealer that I wasn't getting the car. I was told to re-order a 2023, and I was pretty pissed off. Turns out (by looking at Camaro6) that the color was on constraint (Satin Steel metallic), and its likely why the car wasn't built. Two months later, the dealer calls me and says the car is coming - somehow it was "lost" for 2 months. It arrived looking like it sat in a yard for months. I had also ordered a Mustang GT in eruption green because I felt like GM would drop the ball on getting me the car, and both cars arrived in June 2022. I ended up going with the Camaro:

Old 12-17-2023, 11:38 PM   #56
ralfabco

Drives: Jeep, Wrangler
Took delivery in November of a 24 1SS 1LE Riptide Blue 6MT with Copper free brakes. The brakes are the only option after the 1LE. I answered a forum member’s offer to provide an 1LE allocation at MSRP. Never owned a Camaro. He ordered a 23 Rapid Blue and ended up picking up a nice Grand Sport with a manual - after waiting forever. The Rapid Blue was never picked up and the color was changed to RBM and re-ordered as a 24. Here is where it becomes interesting. The forum member (21stCentury) listed the allocation and gave no details other than a 1LE. I had no idea about the car or where he is located. I wanted a 6mT and 1LE and had little hope of having a chance at finding a color combination I wanted. Take whatever color you can find as long as it’s a 1LE and 6MT and no sunroof. Car was 100% the way I wanted it. Nothing but luck. The forum member’s allocation was at a dealer in my city! He lives 250 miles away from the dealer. That is insane. Pure luck. Car is garaged, stock, and will be an occasional weekend dry weather toy. Thanks again John.
Attached Images

Last edited by ralfabco; 12-18-2023 at 12:02 AM.
ralfabco is offline   Reply With Quote