Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-21-2016, 01:49 PM   #43
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Do these all delete the stock cats?
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:59 PM   #44
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender2664 View Post
Do these all delete the stock cats?
Yes sir.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:09 PM   #45
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Yes sir.
:(

Guy at the dealer told me I can do any non internal mods as long as I keep my cats and he will make sure they honor the warantee. Stupid cats :(
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:36 AM   #46
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by ender2664 View Post
:(

Guy at the dealer told me I can do any non internal mods as long as I keep my cats and he will make sure they honor the warantee. Stupid cats :(
Parts installed must cause the failure or warranty is not voided.

Ted
Old 07-24-2016, 10:40 AM   #47
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Parts installed must cause the failure or warranty is not voided.

Ted
Legally yes, but if you want to go that route it will cost way more money than the car is worth. A ton of money was spent to win Mag vs Moss. Only a manufacturer with a lot to lose can afford to do it.

This is straight from GM... "If you mod your engine your drive train warranty is void" This includes catch cans and cold air intakes. Car will be warrantied even if tracked as long as it is bone stock.

However, it's all up to the dealer you work with. 90% of them with common sense know a catch can doesn't cause a total loss of oil pressure. But here's a recent example where they didn't have a clue.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451361

BTW, I love these headers and hope they get the LT4 version out quickly as ARH is by far my choice on the Camaro. Just would have expected a few more HP gains.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:37 PM   #48
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
Just got off their site and see they are working on putting out a system for us NPP owners and see that they also offer the H-pipe unlike other aftermarket manufacturer's. Have you tested the H-pipe and if so what is the sound change between the Y versus H?

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:56 AM   #49
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Legally yes, but if you want to go that route it will cost way more money than the car is worth. A ton of money was spent to win Mag vs Moss. Only a manufacturer with a lot to lose can afford to do it.

This is straight from GM... "If you mod your engine your drive train warranty is void" This includes catch cans and cold air intakes. Car will be warrantied even if tracked as long as it is bone stock.

However, it's all up to the dealer you work with. 90% of them with common sense know a catch can doesn't cause a total loss of oil pressure. But here's a recent example where they didn't have a clue.

BTW, I love these headers and hope they get the LT4 version out quickly as ARH is by far my choice on the Camaro. Just would have expected a few more HP gains.
Yep, sucks... so basically the warranty act does not apply to GM then right? How is that so?

Anyone happen to know Ford's stance on aftermarket parts?
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:42 AM   #50
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Yep, sucks... so basically the warranty act does not apply to GM then right? How is that so?

Anyone happen to know Ford's stance on aftermarket parts?
Same thing... Suspension parts? Suspension voided, shifter? Transmission voided. CAI? Bye bye warranty! I wouldn't want half the dealers out there working on my car anyway. Unless its something major, I will just fix it myself.
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:41 PM   #51
JANNETTYRACING

I was hoping this wouldn't turn into another Warranty discussion there are plenty of those posted all over the place, it always turns into nothing but bickering about Phantom warranty ferry coming to your house and voiding your warranty.

You can't find one person who had their warranty voided, Yet the discussions are endless.

Can we get back on topic please.

Ted
Old 07-28-2016, 01:36 PM   #52
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:

You can't find one person who had their warranty voided, Yet the discussions are endless.

Can we get back on topic please.

Ted
Yeah you can, someone's catch can voided their entire powertrain. So yeah... if GM wants to, they have before and they WILL pull the plug on your warranty and leave you 100% responsible.

Sick setup though!

It's a shame that this thing will require you bringing this up on a lift though. So this pretty much eliminates the possibility of doing this on your driveway ;/

That's how me and my buddy did our headers... in his driveway
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:33 PM   #53
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
Headers and exhaust can be installed without a lift. I know several that have done it with two sets of ramps.

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:23 PM   #54
Garys16SS

Drives: 2016 SS, BLACK, MANUAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Yeah you can, someone's catch can voided their entire powertrain. So yeah... if GM wants to, they have before and they WILL pull the plug on your warranty and leave you 100% responsible.

Sick setup though!

It's a shame that this thing will require you bringing this up on a lift though. So this pretty much eliminates the possibility of doing this on your driveway ;/

That's how me and my buddy did our headers... in his driveway
I installed my headers, cats, pipes, and mufflers on my 16Camaro SS by myself by raising the tires up 19" on a KwikLift. The install was one of the easiest I have done.
1 7/8" headers and exhaust from Stainless Works complete with nonNPP mufflers and 5"outlets, Katech ported TB, Moroso catch can, MRR M017 polished powder wheels, Eibach lowering springs, and BMR upper/ lower trailing arms and upper control arms. ZL1/1le sway bars and Magnusson Supercharger with Jannetty tune. Stay Tuned!!!......More to come.
2014 Camaro Ashen grey, 3.6, 6 speed, Vararam intake, Elite catch can, chrome wheels, and Vitesse controller.
2003 SSR red,
2016 Vette
Garys16SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:55 AM   #55
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garys16SS View Post
I installed my headers, cats, pipes, and mufflers on my 16Camaro SS by myself by raising the tires up 19" on a KwikLift. The install was one of the easiest I have done.
I would guess you have not worked on a 5th gen, Now those were Easy!!

Swinging the cradle support down low enough to remove it seems to be the biggest obstacle and the engine compartment is much tighter.

Ted.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:27 AM   #56
JANNETTYRACING

Bump for the guys, any questions post them here.

Ted.