Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-11-2018, 06:17 PM   #43
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
And the truth is, they're both good.

OP, I can't believe you change cars like you change underwear. Why the Mustang this time?
I like mustangs. Had a 69, 71, 78, 85, 88, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2015 and now an 18. A lot of bang for the buck. camaro fell off my radar in 1973 and until I drove the 16 SS I would never bought one. Chevy really dialed this car in.

Last edited by activepat; 10-12-2018 at 06:24 AM.
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:36 PM   #44
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquem View Post
We have just as many morons on this forum as you do on the mustang forum. Our morons are just faster....
This post made my day
Old 10-11-2018, 06:48 PM   #45
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Ford doesn’t offer a sunroof on the Mustang. That’s the deal killer for me.
They also don't offer 650hp convertibles.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:54 PM   #46
MaskedRacerX

Drives: Now: GT/PP Vert, Future: ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
They also don't offer 650hp convertibles.
That's exactly why I'm here
MaskedRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:41 PM   #47
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
I had a '17 1SS. Not for long. Dealer unwound the deal after I had issues the first week of ownership. I got spooked and stayed away from GM.

Bought a used '15 GT PP manual w/Whipple S2. It was a beast but the shifter was noisy and honestly the power was too much for the streets. I could hardly wind it out before I was back in containment mode, so I sold the GT.

Now I'm considering a 2018 A10 Mustang GT base. I test drove it and it was the best Auto I've ever driven or an '18 SS 1LE. If I go manual, it will be the Camaro for sure. It's a better manual IMO.

I've got nothing negative to say about either car. They're both great. Ok, the Camaro visibility is worse but it's not a deal breaker for me. I won't be daily driving it. But honestly both cars IMO are very good. Hard to go wrong with either one.

With that said.....the ONLY reason someone should be trading a ZL1 for an '18 GT is financial. Any other reason is nuts. The 10spd ZL1 is insanely awesome. Probably the only person on earth that would do this.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:46 PM   #48
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Depreciation is depreciation.. regardless of finance or cash.. DUH. simple math.

Car 1 .. walk out door.. 20% gone.. where its your money or money you owe to the banks.

Rinse repeat.

If you have money to throw away.. go for it. economy thank you and so do guys that pick up these like new cars for 10-20% below new car price on like new cars.
And your local government thanks you too given the amount of taxes he's paid.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:17 AM   #49
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Depreciation is depreciation.. regardless of finance or cash.. DUH. simple math.

Car 1 .. walk out door.. 20% gone.. where its your money or money you owe to the banks.

Rinse repeat.

If you have money to throw away.. go for it. economy thank you and so do guys that pick up these like new cars for 10-20% below new car price on like new cars.
You were insinuating he was getting upside down trading with a payment. If he pays cash he's only losing the depreciation, not making a future car payment any higher. Duh.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:35 AM   #50
verdicaysen

Drives: 18' 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
You were insinuating he was getting upside down trading with a payment. If he pays cash he's only losing the depreciation, not making a future car payment any higher. Duh.
Some people may see that as going upside down but honestly buying cars isn't a game you generate a profit on typically. That's why we're the one's spending the money and the dealers are the one's taking it.
verdicaysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:46 AM   #51
activepat

Quote:

I only buy a car if I can steal the car. The ZL1 was Around $68,620 and I paid $59k. The dealer gave me $55k on the trade. I saved $2400 in sales tax but did have to pay the $695 dealer fee. I drove it for almost a year and 3500 miles. I felt it was worth it. And, no, I didn't pay sticker for the Mustang.

I don't think I will make out as well on the Mustang but there is a means to my end.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #52
Jaredfly

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
I don't think I will make out as well on the Mustang but there is a means to my end.

To see how much money you can waste in 2018 ?
Jaredfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:30 AM   #53
activepat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredfly View Post
To see how much money you can waste in 2018 ?

It depends on your lifestyle. If I had 2 ex-wives and 3 kids to pay support to I would waste a whole lot more money. But I don't.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:30 AM   #54
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Quote:

A loss is a loss whether you pay it now or lay it later.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:34 AM   #55
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
I had a '17 1SS. Not for long. Dealer unwound the deal after I had issues the first week of ownership. I got spooked and stayed away from GM.

Bought a used '15 GT PP manual w/Whipple S2. It was a beast but the shifter was noisy and honestly the power was too much for the streets. I could hardly wind it out before I was back in containment mode, so I sold the GT.

Now I'm considering a 2018 A10 Mustang GT base. I test drove it and it was the best Auto I've ever driven or an '18 SS 1LE. If I go manual, it will be the Camaro for sure. It's a better manual IMO.

I've got nothing negative to say about either car. They're both great. Ok, the Camaro visibility is worse but it's not a deal breaker for me. I won't be daily driving it. But honestly both cars IMO are very good. Hard to go wrong with either one.

With that said.....the ONLY reason someone should be trading a ZL1 for an '18 GT is financial. Any other reason is nuts. The 10spd ZL1 is insanely awesome. Probably the only person on earth that would do this.
Anything with the 10 speed automatic is getting raving reviews- GM trucks, Mustangs and the ZL1- from the magazines and also people on the forums. I have not read one bad thing about the 10 speed automatic. I am so non automatic from the terrible 8 speed in my Camaro that I may never get an automatic again. And yes both cars are great (if you get a good one).
Old 10-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #56
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post

I had a '15 PP Whipple Stage 2 also It was quite the monster on the street haha. It literally felt like unlimited power on tap.
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote