Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-19-2016, 01:52 AM   #43
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Without a second's hesitation.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:58 PM   #44
Lukemo

Drives: '17 1LT RS V6 6M NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke1212385 View Post
I love the sound and feel of my v8, but when have i ever really put all the power down. Plus the v6 with npp sounds so nasty anyway that i would be happy to have had it if i went with it
Your right: the NPP sounds incredible and it's LOUD AS HELL at full throttle/high rpm. Plus, even though the V6 hauls ass, extracting that power on a public road without breaking the law is much easier to do than in an SS.

In short; the V6 with NPP makes a fun and exciting daily driver.
Lukemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 03:19 PM   #45
Ace01

Drives: 2018 1LE SS "Silver Bullet"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukemo View Post
Your right: the NPP sounds incredible and it's LOUD AS HELL at full throttle/high rpm. Plus, even though the V6 hauls ass, extracting that power on a public road without breaking the law is much easier to do than in an SS.

In short; the V6 with NPP makes a fun and exciting daily driver.
Love mine, Still getting use to the 6 speed. Did you get the automatic or 6 speed?
Ace01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:48 AM   #46
Lukemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace01 View Post
Love mine, Still getting use to the 6 speed. Did you get the automatic or 6 speed?
I have a 6 speed. I love it.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:50 AM   #47
Lukemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace01 View Post
I have a 6 speed. It's awesome. Still kinda getting used to mine as well.

I do sometimes have a little trouble smooth shifting from 1-2 at moderate acceleration (not really a big deal, I just cant seem to get the gas/clutch modulation down exactly), and a couple of times I've started off in 1st but wasn't in gear all the way even though I thought I was.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:14 AM   #48
K1SS MY SS
K1SS MY SS

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 1SS
I had a V6 5th Gen and loved it. I love my new 16 SS more. Definitely worth it IF and only IF you have the money. The V6 is still a great car and has plenty of power.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:46 PM   #49
Hyper RS

Drives: '19 Corvette Stingray Convertible
I was really thinking hard about going to the 1SS, but price and practicality was getting in the way. I am buying the new Camaro to replace my '15 Impala 2LT. I need a car that I am able to drive in all seasons. The V6 with the 6 speed manual comes with all season tires and a limited slip rear. Although the car will not be as good in the weather as the Impala....it should be manageable and much more fun! If money and practicality was not an object...I would go with the SS models. From all that I read about the V6 Camaro....most will not miss having the V8.

Last edited by Hyper RS; 07-20-2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: more info
Hyper RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:24 PM   #50
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
v8 6 speed npp ftw lol went from 2.0 turbo cobalt ss to this and love it!
kropscamaro16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:40 PM   #51
Dreamcar16

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
v6 is great, love the exhaust note. it sounds shit on video but in real life its a different story. great daily driver and enough power. it does throw me back into my seat and put a smile, but my heart is longing for two extra cylinders. i do look forward to upgrading to an ss. but like many others, money is a problem.
Dreamcar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:49 PM   #52
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcar16 View Post
v6 is great, love the exhaust note. it sounds shit on video but in real life its a different story. great daily driver and enough power. it does throw me back into my seat and put a smile, but my heart is longing for two extra cylinders. i do look forward to upgrading to an ss. but like many others, money is a problem.
I'm taking it that you have driven the V8.. The V6 is nice man.. good on gas, insurance, car note.

But if you can swing it, go for it because the smiles just get's larger.. extremely large!!

Can't go wrong with either or as long as we are living within our means.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:56 PM   #53
Dreamcar16

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
I'm taking it that you have driven the V8.. The V6 is nice man.. good on gas, insurance, car note.

But if you can swing it, go for it because the smiles just get's larger.. extremely large!!

Can't go wrong with either or as long as we are living within our means.
best part is i have yet to drive an ss. i just want more power
Dreamcar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:11 PM   #54
Ace01

Quote:
You think this exhaust sounds like shit?

Old 07-23-2016, 10:19 PM   #55
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
best part is i have yet to drive an ss. i just want more power
I got you.. Well, my recommendation is this.. don't test drive it. Because if power is something that you offer, you may start to not like your V6.

You will most likely be underwater with a trade in and you'll have to find the best deal on an SS to make up for it.

I went through it this past year.. had an EB Mustang and wanted a 2016 5.0 PP really bad (Sorry came from a Mustang family) after test driving it. Being 4-5k upside down.. I was gonna wait until my EB lease was up to upgrade.. But.. I got lucky to have someone take over my lease so I'm free to shop.

Went to Chevy to test out the new SS and was effin blown by the sheer power of the car! Test drove a 2SS auto and felt fast too but the M6 1SS I drove just felt like a freight train after every shift.

With standard 455HP/455lb/trq, 275 Good year run flat staggered tires, 8"inch Mylink screen, Brembos on all 4, 3 radiators, 3.73 gears oil/tranny/differential coolers, the lighter aluminum chassis, the Tremec TR6060 and last but not least, the badass LT1.. the SS is worth every single damn penny!

Moral of the story, if you can't afford the SS (many variables) I wouldn't test drive it! Well, that's me and yes, I hated my EB Mustang after I test drove a 5.0

V6 Camaro is a great car, always remember that. The SS honestly has way too much power for the streets and for most of us.. Good luck to you man, do what makes you smile in the smartest, financial way.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:23 PM   #56
Ace01

[QUOTE=Richard0nee;9219792]I got you.. Well, my recommendation is this.. don't test drive it. Because if power is something that you offer, you may start to not like your V6.

I went through it this past year.. had an EB Mustang and wanted a 2016 5.0 PP really bad (Sorry came from a Mustang family) after test driving it. Being 4-5k upside down.. I was gonna wait until my EB lease was up to upgrade.. But.. I got lucky to have someone take over my lease so I'm free to shop.

That is why you lease. You won't be under water the lease company will and you can walk away at the end of the term.