Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-12-2020, 05:10 PM   #43
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
How many miles were on the car when you found it? Second key and owners manual lost on a brand new car, refusal to provide registration in violation of the law, sounds fishy. Maybe this car had already been bought and registered and somehow got dumped back on the dealership.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 07:02 PM   #44
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
How many miles were on the car when you found it? Second key and owners manual lost on a brand new car, refusal to provide registration in violation of the law, sounds fishy. Maybe this car had already been bought and registered and somehow got dumped back on the dealership.
It had a lot of miles on it for a new car. I had them credit me an extra $2000 towards my trade because they had it listed for having 5 miles, but it actually had 2,080 miles when I got there. The sales lady I dealt with acted like she didn't know it had that many miles. When I went to refinance I asked the credit union to look into its history as I hadn't gotten a Carfax or anything on the car. They said they looked and could find where it had been sold before but IDK. That's a lot of miles for a new car.

EDIT: Actually I may be telling you wrong. I believe I have seen a Carfax on my car. I did have something show me the history on it that didn't indicate it had been sold previously. I'm likely going talk to the lady at the credit union tomorrow and mention it to her. There is really no good reason I can think of that they wouldn't be trying to get me my registration. It seems to be a mutually beneficial thing for all partied involved.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:38 PM   #45
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
No, you're not looking for advise. You're looking for a pity party.

Wait... Since I'm cool, I'll give you one more piece of 8th grade advise....
Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win a war. Man up!

A lawyer is going to cost serious bucks and time. If you want to waste the time and money because you can't control yourself, go for it.
YOU didn't do your homework on the dealer. This is the consequence.

Running your flapper over the phone/internet is pushing you further from your goal. THE PIECE OF PAPER SITTING ON SOMEONES DESK!

You want a lawyer? Take the time off work to go find one who will take your case, or sit in a government office to try to get someone to do what you can easily do yourself. See if it takes more than 3-4 hours (and a whole lot of $$ in fees/missed work) to do it your way. Guarantee the first words out of either options mouth are going to be "Did you go down there?" "What did you do to resolve this on your own?"

Try doing it the grown up way, telephone tough guy, bite your tongue and politely ask for the paper so you can move on. OR, keep shooting yourself in the foot.

Either way.... GL with your issue! At the rate you're going, you'll need it!

Slick.... OUT!
OP,

SEE ABOVE

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:53 PM   #46
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
...When she started getting upset and defensive about me saying that and started giving me crap that's when it went south...
Things went south at that point because you allowed it go south. Too late now, but next time you are in a situation like that it's probably better to keep your cool and move up the chain of command instead of getting sucked into some middle school games

And if you "don't want to go there and have a blow up and make the situation worse when things start not going my way ..." maybe you should be questioning your level of self control and make a point of working on that instead of blaming your behavior on other people.

Good luck, I hope things work out for you, and maybe you can take this opportunity to re-read the posts that were a little negative without getting so defensive. You might actually learn something useful about yourself.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:12 AM   #47
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
JROC, go back to the dealership and demand to see the Sales Manager or General Manager and don’t leave until you get everything settled with your Camaro(paperwork,etc)! Be firm and polite and discuss the matter with someone other than a salesperson. Glen e gave you good advice on how to handle this situation. Good luck and let us know the outcome!
This! Go straight to the GM be nice and get it taken care of.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:18 AM   #48
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
It had a lot of miles on it for a new car. I had them credit me an extra $2000 towards my trade because they had it listed for having 5 miles, but it actually had 2,080 miles when I got there. The sales lady I dealt with acted like she didn't know it had that many miles. When I went to refinance I asked the credit union to look into its history as I hadn't gotten a Carfax or anything on the car. They said they looked and could find where it had been sold before but IDK. That's a lot of miles for a new car.

EDIT: Actually I may be telling you wrong. I believe I have seen a Carfax on my car. I did have something show me the history on it that didn't indicate it had been sold previously. I'm likely going talk to the lady at the credit union tomorrow and mention it to her. There is really no good reason I can think of that they wouldn't be trying to get me my registration. It seems to be a mutually beneficial thing for all partied involved.
So wait. You bought a new car as a new car with over 2000 miles on it?

I would have walked away with no further discussion at that point...

that car was used a dealer demo - even if it was never technically sold. It's not a new car in my book.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:17 PM   #49
JROC
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
So wait. You bought a new car as a new car with over 2000 miles on it?

I would have walked away with no further discussion at that point...

that car was used a dealer demo - even if it was never technically sold. It's not a new car in my book.
Well okay. You're not me little guy. It was a new $39,7xx SS 1LE and they ended up crediting me an extra $2000 towards my trade when I pointed out that it had more miles on it than what they were advertising.

If it was a dealer demo it is far and away the nicest one I've ever seen. Trust me I was looking at dealer demos last weekend and my car could easily have passed for a 5 mile car if not for the odometer.

According to them it was a car they would take to Chevrolet local events that Chevy would sometimes host in the southeast. How true this is who know but the car looks, drives, feels, and snells brand new.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:34 PM   #50
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
You’re right JROC that it was still a new car because it was never sold or titled before you bought it!
Old 01-13-2020, 03:36 PM   #51
threetime
*PIMP*

Drives: 2018 2SS
https://www.consumerfinance.gov/

This place is no joke. I have had several issues and these people get shit done.

M y short story is, I traded a 2009 GT in for a new Ford F350. 90 days later Ally financial called asking me to make a payment. I went through the story that I traded in the car and they were supposed to pay it off. Well, this person from Ally bank ask for the dealerships number and did a three way call. The person at the dealership explained the lady that did the payoffs stuck several peoples payoff information in a filing cabinet and then quit. They said they would next day air the check. Well they did and Ally bank called me and said they paid it. I said ok, please take that 90 day late off my credit, because at this point I had already checked my credit. The person from Ally said absolutely not, it was my responsibility to make sure it was paid, and of course we got into it. submitted a complaint with CFPB and within 10 days, they had Ally mailing me apology after apology. I have since then used them to fix all kinds of stuff and have them working on a LexisNexis case. I turned an employee on to this and he cleared all his bad credit up with this. It's a free service, but hopefully it helps.

Paul
threetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:37 PM   #52
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Well okay. You're not me little guy. It was a new $39,7xx SS 1LE and they ended up crediting me an extra $2000 towards my trade when I pointed out that it had more miles on it than what they were advertising.

If it was a dealer demo it is far and away the nicest one I've ever seen. Trust me I was looking at dealer demos last weekend and my car could easily have passed for a 5 mile car if not for the odometer.

According to them it was a car they would take to Chevrolet local events that Chevy would sometimes host in the southeast. How true this is who know but the car looks, drives, feels, and snells brand new.
$2K isn't the discount I would have taken personally for a demo - regardless how it was used, it was a "demo" meaning it didn't just come off the truck and get sold with under 30 miles like a truly "new" car - it was driven pretty significant miles. My car was over 6 months old when I got to 2K miles.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:11 PM   #53
JROC
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
$2K isn't the discount I would have taken personally for a demo - regardless how it was used, it was a "demo" meaning it didn't just come off the truck and get sold with under 30 miles like a truly "new" car - it was driven pretty significant miles. My car was over 6 months old when I got to 2K miles.
Okay, well then think of it as a SS 1LE with 2K miles costing $6-7k less than a new one MSRP's at. I wouldn't own a C4, I wouldn't buy a Camaro vert, and I sure wouldn't live in the communist state of CA, but apparently you would so that's your prerogative. Doesn't both me that you like these things. I personally am happy with the car, and the price that I got it for so that's really all that matters. I see threads where people are having transmission issues, or rearend issues, etc with this drivetrain, and my car produces no issues, is tight, shifts smoothly, and even still smells new. Again the car and what I financed it for isn't the issue for me. It seems to bother you though so IDK what to tell you.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:24 PM   #54
threetime
*PIMP*

Drives: 2018 2SS
JROC, stop worrying what the Cali guy says. You got what you want and that's that. They (California) will always be better than us east coast guys, that's why they all move here or Alaska. Look at my post and it will guide you in the direction you need.
threetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:30 PM   #55
JROC
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetime View Post
https://www.consumerfinance.gov/

This place is no joke. I have had several issues and these people get shit done.

M y short story is, I traded a 2009 GT in for a new Ford F350. 90 days later Ally financial called asking me to make a payment. I went through the story that I traded in the car and they were supposed to pay it off. Well, this person from Ally bank ask for the dealerships number and did a three way call. The person at the dealership explained the lady that did the payoffs stuck several peoples payoff information in a filing cabinet and then quit. They said they would next day air the check. Well they did and Ally bank called me and said they paid it. I said ok, please take that 90 day late off my credit, because at this point I had already checked my credit. The person from Ally said absolutely not, it was my responsibility to make sure it was paid, and of course we got into it. submitted a complaint with CFPB and within 10 days, they had Ally mailing me apology after apology. I have since then used them to fix all kinds of stuff and have them working on a LexisNexis case. I turned an employee on to this and he cleared all his bad credit up with this. It's a free service, but hopefully it helps.

Paul
Thanks,

I called the guy today because I still hadn't received it and he said it shipped, but if I didn't get it in the mail the highway department can get me a copy as it is now registered to me. I check on this tomorrow.

I had called the GAP insurance company and they told me the GAP was cancelled back in November, but that the dealership was to issue the refund and not them. I asked the guy this and he said he'd look into it, but who knows.

I got called back by the lady at GM consumer services (or whatever it's called) and she or someone at GM had called them asking them what the heck was going on. She relayed the same thing he said about how I could now get it at the highway department. She asked if she could help with anything else and I told her about the GAP insurance and said I'd just like to get it on record with them incase this becomes an issue as well. She went beyond what I was asking and opened up a case file on it and is going to have her manager look into it and get intouch with the dealership to motivate them to get me my refund if it is indeed them who are responsible for paying it.

Major props to GM's cusumer support service for stepping up to help a customer of their products who's getting treated bad by a dealer of their products.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

You guys had some good suggestions. I'm just debating whether or not I want to send a report on them to the BBB, or change my Google review. I generally don't like crapping on a business's name because sometimes things happen and misunderstandings take place, but this is pretty much the worst transaction with a business I've had, and was not happy with how I was treated by them. I may just delete the 5 star review I gave them that they had asked me to do because they don't deserve a 5 star rating from me.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:44 PM   #56
JROC
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetime View Post
JROC, stop worrying what the Cali guy says. You got what you want and that's that. They (California) will always be better than us east coast guys, that's why they all move here or Alaska. Look at my post and it will guide you in the direction you need.
Lol. Or move to Texas.

I just looked into the CFPB, and that looks like an excellent idea. I'm going to wait a few days to hear back from GM Consumer services and talk to Patriot Chevrolet and see if they plays ball. If they work to get me my GAP refund in a timely manner I'm okay with them, and will leave them alone and just not do business with them again. (Assuming the DMV can now get me my registration) If they continue to slack, and not want to do their job and get me what they owe me then I plan on putting their name out there highlighting their poor business practices.

Thanks again,

Jesse