Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-12-2016, 08:10 AM   #43
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post
I am afraid of opening the trunk now!
Thought I read on here that the trunk was too small to use anyway. Non-issue.

*runs/ducks/hides*
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:45 PM   #44
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSHULK View Post
This happened to me today. After reading this thread. DO NOT OPEN YOUR TRUNK BY PULLING THE LID FROM THE OUTER CORNERS..PULL UP FROM THE CENTER (bow tie section). when you pull from the corners the trunk shifts making contact with the quarter panel on the opposite side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
That is probably why it didn't chip immediately after I touched it up. I may have been opening it by lifting/pulling in different places.
I'll keep this in mind now that I have done ANOTHER touch-up. Thanks.
That seems be the cure. My touch-up is holding strong and I used the trunk several times this past weekend.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:58 AM   #45
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Update. After dropping off my Camaro to have the paint chip fixed on the drivers side of the deck lid and knowing that the body shop had to remove the trunk lid (deck) due to bad fit they called me. Turns out there's a chip on the passenger side as well. The dealership I bought my Camaro from tried to touch up that area before delivery without mentioning it to me. Anyway, the dealership I'm using now said that they will need a total of seven days to fix it. They have to pull the deck lid and straighten it and work on the rear fenders. The factory screwed up in the installation. Good news is that it's all covered under warranty. I've got a 2016 Chevy Cruze to drive as a loaner at no charge. It's not my Camaro SS, but it will have to do.

By the way, the paint chipping on the deck lid will continue until it is fix by a body shop. Touch up paint is just a band aid according to the body shop owner.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 03:43 PM   #46
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Add me too the list. Same chip location as pictured, drivers side. Gonna try a touch up and only open it from the bow tie area since I really don't want to have my whole quarter panel painted for this.

Last edited by raptor5244; 05-21-2016 at 05:25 PM.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:00 PM   #47
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Going in wednesday for this. Warranty issue for sure. Oh well.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:04 PM   #48
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
I noticed today that I have THE exact issue. Trunk chips / chipped the passenger corner of the trunk.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:36 PM   #49
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
I noticed today that I have THE exact issue. Trunk chips / chipped the passenger corner of the trunk.
Yep, mine is on the driver side. Same issue and you had a very early build and I just bought mine yesterday which had a March build date. They sure did create a very narrow gap there when opening and closing this trunk lid. I bet there are a bunch of these if we have this many folks on the forum experiencing it.

I hope a quick tweak to the alignment is all that is needed.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:46 PM   #50
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Yep, mine is on the driver side. Same issue and you had a very early build and I just bought mine yesterday which had a March build date. They sure did create a very narrow gap there when opening and closing this trunk lid. I bet there are a bunch of these if we have this many folks on the forum experiencing it.

I hope a quick tweak to the alignment is all that is needed.
Wow lol. They at least fixed the paint issue as far as I know after the early builds. I will take it to my dealership and see what they say. I have to know what the exact fix is, I am not leaving my car at body shop so they roll the edge of the trunk lid or my panel just so it doesn't rub.
Build thread HERE!
Old 05-21-2016, 07:32 PM   #51
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
Had the same as the picture, just on passenger side. Wasn't very big so I just mixed up some paint and we touched it up ourselves. Not at the shop at the moment but I believe my paint code is 139X, Nightfall Gray comes up as "Son of a Gun Gray Metallic" in our system(BASF).
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:40 AM   #52
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Wow lol. They at least fixed the paint issue as far as I know after the early builds. I will take it to my dealership and see what they say. I have to know what the exact fix is, I am not leaving my car at body shop so they roll the edge of the trunk lid or my panel just so it doesn't rub.
Hi Tr6,

We’re very sorry to hear about this paint chipping concern on your Camaro. We see you are looking to visit your dealership to have this looked at. Have you contacted them yet to set up an appointment? If not, please send a private message and we would be happy to assist in doing so.

Best,
Lauren E
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:59 AM   #53
Ajrothm

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I just noticed this yesterday on our new April built 16' 2SS.. Right side chip. You can see the trunk alignment is not correct. How the hell is this happening over and over during assembly? They've been building these for a year already...

Guess it's going into the dealer... Not looking forward to them trying to match paint on Silver Ice metallic. 200 miles, trunk has been opened twice.

2016 C7 Z06, A8
Laguna Blue
10.66@129.15
Ajrothm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:18 AM   #54
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi Tr6,

We’re very sorry to hear about this paint chipping concern on your Camaro. We see you are looking to visit your dealership to have this looked at. Have you contacted them yet to set up an appointment? If not, please send a private message and we would be happy to assist in doing so.

Best,
Lauren E
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thank you Lauren, PM sent.

I also apologize if I came across as accusatory and bitter. Issues do not bother me, that's what warranty and dealerships are for haha.
Build thread HERE!
Old 05-23-2016, 11:52 AM   #55
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Mine did this as well. It looks like you have plenty of clearance if opened from the middle of the trunk, but if you close or open the trunk from one side, the trunk lid definitely makes contact with the rear quarter panel.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:43 AM   #56
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi Tr6,

Best,
Lauren E
Chevrolet Customer Care
Mine is an on-going saga that may be coming to an end within a day or two. I've posted my issues on this thread. From day one my dealer was on top of the situation. Made arrangements with their outside body shop to have my Camaro picked up and taken to their shop. After determining the course of action they decided to remove the trunk and rear quarter panels and straighten what wasn't fitting correctly. They then re-painted the parts with Garnet Red paint and clear coat. They are in the process of putting my Camaro back together. My dealer gave me a new Chevy Cruze to drive at no charge. I'd rather lose a week's driving time and get it fixed right than buying more touch-up paint. Repairs all covered by the bumper-to-bumper warranty.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote