Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-10-2021, 06:49 PM   #43
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
I have always hated gas prices since the 1980's. I just have a cut off and the prices goes to a point i am done. Really thinking about doing without a car at all anymore. Save 500 to 700 a month on a payment and gas money as well and Ins. That would buy me a new roof in a years time.

That is my biggest cost. I have no bills and house is paid for. I am single and no kids. I just don't drive enough anymore it seems to bother with a car.
JtdC... you are the epitome of buying a Ferrari! OR a 911 - what the hell are you saving money for? Why walk if you can Ferrari!

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 07:05 PM   #44
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
JtdC... you are the epitome of buying a Ferrari! OR a 911 - what the hell are you saving money for? Why walk if you can Ferrari!
I never liked the looks of a 911 or Ferrari. I also have a limit on what i will spend for a car and i am nowhere near that level to pay over 100k. Most i ever spent was around 62k for that lemon lawed hunk of junk 2019 C7. I feel much better spending under 36k. So the LT1 was the only choice i had new, but heck half a tank of gas to drive 50 miles is nuts.

Makes my C6 seem like a gas sipper.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 07:42 PM   #45
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
I never liked the looks of a 911 or Ferrari. I also have a limit on what i will spend for a car and i am nowhere near that level to pay over 100k. Most i ever spent was around 62k for that lemon lawed hunk of junk 2019 C7. I feel much better spending under 36k. So the LT1 was the only choice i had new, but heck half a tank of gas to drive 50 miles is nuts.

Makes my C6 seem like a gas sipper.
half a tank is only good for 50 miles?i get 28 mpg with my 5th gen 6 cylinder on 1-4.is my buddy with the 2014 SS blowing smoke when he claims 25-26 mpg?
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 09:39 AM   #46
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Another gorgeous day yesterday so I took it on a ~200 mile business trip. A younger fellow in an Audi with his friends was enamored with the car. At one point he rolled down the window & stuck his head out giving me the thumbs up & bobbing his head up & down. Another guy in some VW pulled along side me so I look over & he’s giving me the thumbs as well & I could read his lips “Hell yeah!”.

On the way home filled up at the next town over that has 93, $3.55/ gal! Good gravy... well at least this time it was on the company dime.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 10:32 AM   #47
The_Dudebozo

Drives: 2016 2SS
Yuck...gas prices where I live in Cali are creeping over the $4.00 mark. I knew what I was getting into when buying a V8 w/ Cali gas prices. Gotta love Cali!
Old 03-20-2021, 11:17 AM   #48
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Sort of the opposite here, as I hardly ever drive anymore. Did drive a few miles the other day and got a rock chip for my troubles.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 11:19 AM   #49
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
I have always hated gas prices since the 1980's. I just have a cut off and the prices goes to a point i am done. Really thinking about doing without a car at all anymore. Save 500 to 700 a month on a payment and gas money as well and Ins. That would buy me a new roof in a years time.

That is my biggest cost. I have no bills and house is paid for. I am single and no kids. I just don't drive enough anymore it seems to bother with a car.
We sound similar. 51, no kids except my condo will be paid off in 5yrs. I only drive 5-6k miles per year. But my SS is nearly paid off as well. I too get to a point where fuel costs aren’t worth it to me. I’d never be carless but if fuel went to $5/gallon, cons would nearly outweigh the pros of driving a gas guzzler for me anyway.
Old 03-20-2021, 05:44 PM   #50
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

As bad as the gas price was I picked up 2 cases of oil since I happened to go by the dealership.

$142. Ouch!

Still cheaper than my diesels I suppose.
Old 03-21-2021, 03:01 AM   #51
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
So not a Biden or Trump loyalist but a question I have not been able to find or get an answer.... what has Biden done in 2 months to raise gas prices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 05:29 AM   #52
delthawk5

Drives: 2019 2SS Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
I passed a station yesterday. Price was 3.99 a gallon. 2 months ago it was 2.79.
I'm sick of this admin already. High gas, groceries rising and job layoffs and now threats and talk of war again! All in 2 months time! Eff him!!!
It’s as though Texas shut down for a week after a deep freeze and a total collapse of their republican run power grid. The same Texas where most fuel and oil byproducts are refined. Weird.
delthawk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 05:42 AM   #53
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Am I one of the only people that doesn't pay attention to gas prices? I had this discussion earlier this week. I'm sure that I've lost money over the years, but I don't see any point in keeping tabs or stressing over the price of fuel. It is a necessity and most of us have no problem burning it even when we don't NEED to (joy rides anyone?) I honestly could hardly ever tell someone exactly what a gallon of gas costs.
You are not the only one, I don't pay attention either.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 05:50 AM   #54
delthawk5

Drives: 2019 2SS Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Seriously. Anyone here moaning about gas prices needs to go trade for a Prius. Buying a high performance V8 sports cars is the wrong financial decision for anyone who’s budget is destroyed by $3.50 gas.
delthawk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 07:14 AM   #55
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I do because my profit margins are tied very closely to it, & everyone should as well because what you pay for goods & services is also tied to it.

99% of everything you purchase in this country is transported by either gasoline or diesel. An increase in transportation costs gets transferred to wholesalers & retailers who then transfer it to consumers.

Last year our company spent around $10k in diesel, which was a very nice departure from years prior. Diesel was $2.18 most of the year where I fuel. It is now $3.18. That is roughly a 50% increase in my transportation costs, so with the same mileage I will spend roughly $15K, but I anticipate it going higher.

I was discussing it with a transport company owner the other day & he said it won’t be long before he increases his prices to the companies he hauls for.

That means my customers are going to pay more for what is contributed to increased transportation costs on the wholesale to retail side.

Then there’s the increase on transportation to the manufacturing side, which also gets passed along in the production side to wholesale side. Normally we see a product price increase of ~$1,500 annually on our wholesale side, so far we are at $3,500 increase & the measured fiscal year is only half over.

Those increases are not even directly tied to increases in transportation costs at the moment, but other factors relating to availability of goods on the manufacturing side associated with the shutdowns.

As it is, I’m completely out of stock product. Everything is sold & I can’t get replacement stock until maybe August & possibly as late as October. My year is over & it hasn’t even started yet.

Just some food for thought.

Last edited by gtfoxy; 03-21-2021 at 07:25 AM.
Old 03-21-2021, 07:46 AM   #56
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I feel for you gtfoxy! Things are only going to get worse and gas I predict will be around $5.00 a gallon if something isn’t done.