Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-01-2017, 07:35 AM   #43
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Not much talk of the powerband. While I haven’t compared the dyno’s, I can only assume the 2300 makes its power later in the power band because of it’s larger size.

I’d personally want more top end power with the lt1. It doesn’t need more of what it already has, it’s a monster at 2-4k rpms. I’d want that 4000-6500rpm range to be where the power is at. I think you achieve that by oversizing the blower. If this was a honda s2000 forum I’d probably want the smaller blower since low end torque is critical.
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:09 PM   #44
Jfinley7

Drives: 2016 1SS Hyper Blue.
I'd really like to do the Maggie. Mainly because of the warranty that comes with it. I'm going to call them tomorrow about options to make my strut tower brace fit. I may be able to get the top lid that they use for the C7 which is a lot shorter. However, I do like the LT4 because it's factory GM. I spent some time saving the money for this mod so it's a big decision. 😬😬😬
Jfinley7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:02 AM   #45
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfinley7 View Post
I'd really like to do the Maggie. Mainly because of the warranty that comes with it. I'm going to call them tomorrow about options to make my strut tower brace fit. I may be able to get the top lid that they use for the C7 which is a lot shorter. However, I do like the LT4 because it's factory GM. I spent some time saving the money for this mod so it's a big decision. ������
I have a Magnuson Tvs 2300 Heartbeat in stock if that's the route your wanting to go.

Also - Anybody reading this thread that may be interested in adding a supercharger to your car and are concerned about their warranty in the least bit....Please buy the Magnuson Supercharger TVS 2300 for your car and leave it .

For those not concerned with warranty or money - Build it to the moon and accept responsibility for your actions if it breaks.

ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:10 PM   #46
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfinley7 View Post
I'd really like to do the Maggie. Mainly because of the warranty that comes with it. I'm going to call them tomorrow about options to make my strut tower brace fit. I may be able to get the top lid that they use for the C7 which is a lot shorter. However, I do like the LT4 because it's factory GM. I spent some time saving the money for this mod so it's a big decision. 😬😬😬
Well, I finally made my decision. After looking around this forum, the corvette forum, and speaking with Andy a couple of times, I landed on the LT4 blower with a Roto Fab intake on my SS. Factory parts, oem look, great performance, and a nice subtle (but great sounding) S/C whine sold me on the kit. The LT1 seems to be very well suited for the LT4 conversion and although I lose my factory warranty, it seems like getting a warranty claim through magnuson or any of the other big brands can be a slippery slope sometimes.

Andy was great and my car will go under the knife in early November. I will be shipping it from San Diego.

Good luck with your decision!
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:14 PM   #47
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaayy View Post
Well, I finally made my decision. After looking around this forum, the corvette forum, and speaking with Andy a couple of times, I landed on the LT4 blower with a Roto Fab intake on my SS. Factory parts, oem look, great performance, and a nice subtle (but great sounding) S/C whine sold me on the kit. The LT1 seems to be very well suited for the LT4 conversion and although I lose my factory warranty, it seems like getting a warranty claim through magnuson or any of the other big brands can be a slippery slope sometimes.

Andy was great and my car will go under the knife in early November. I will be shipping it from San Diego.

Nice! I am starting to lean that way myself. I have some time before I drop the dime but I want 600+ at the RW.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:37 PM   #48
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:

I've had a ride in one of Andy's conversions, I think you will be very happy with the outcome
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:21 PM   #49
FunChevy

Drives: 19 ZL1
Quote:

I am also looking forward to the LT4 conversion.....looked at all the threads and came to the same conclusion as you.

Andy has answered the phone almost on the first ring every time I had a question. I have had many tuner cars and I am willing to travel to get the best workmanship.
FunChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:12 PM   #50
misterjaayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunChevy View Post
I am also looking forward to the LT4 conversion.....looked at all the threads and came to the same conclusion as you.

Andy has answered the phone almost on the first ring every time I had a question. I have had many tuner cars and I am willing to travel to get the best workmanship.
Did you already set an install date? Which set up (stage) are you going with?
Old 10-06-2017, 09:13 PM   #51
misterjaayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
I've had a ride in one of Andy's conversions, I think you will be very happy with the outcome
I read your review. Definitely can’t wait!
Old 10-06-2017, 10:14 PM   #52
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
You won't be disappointed with the Magnuson. Its a quality piece and look at my drag racing numbers and you'll understand why. These Maggies make some great power and lots of options in tuning, pulleys and power. Be prepared to kick some ass on the street and the track.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:11 AM   #53
FunChevy

Quote:
Did you already set an install date? Which set up (stage) are you going with?
Currently scheduled for the week of Nov 13th. Went with the basic kit/w roto fab intake. This power level seems to be the sweet spot without extra expense for fuel system etc.

Look forward to seeing your build thread and dyno.

c
Old 10-07-2017, 10:57 AM   #54
misterjaayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunChevy View Post
Currently scheduled for the week of Nov 13th. Went with the basic kit/w roto fab intake. This power level seems to be the sweet spot without extra expense for fuel system etc.

Look forward to seeing your build thread and dyno.

c
Nice. Same here. Im going in the week before you. I’ll be sure to post up some videos and pictures once I get it back.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:05 AM   #55
Jfinley7

Drives: 2016 1SS Hyper Blue.
Did y’all opt for the top lid that says “LT4 Supercahrged” on it or are y’all sticking with the one that comes with the kit that says “corvette?”
Jfinley7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #56
FunChevy

We are all one big chevy family.....I will be proud to rock the vette lid and save the coin for future tires. Plus I like the low profile.

c