Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-18-2019, 11:55 AM   #5405
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Love the Darth Vader 350R Slither! Please tell me you have the full costume to wear when driving it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Bell housing and output shaft I believe. I'm sure they can use a tr7070 with a correct bellhousing and output shaft but I'm still sticking to the idea that the 6060 would be the easier choice especially if they're already pinching pennies about it. I agree that a 7 speed would be the better choice and match the dct in gears.
6060 would be easier, but it not sure it would hold the power as well as the 7070.

My point was that it's easy for Ford to incorporate a production manual in the GT500 as a high HP variant already exists.

An actual manual transaxle that will handle the LT2 torque in the C8 is a bit more tricky, there are a couple that come close to the rating.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:57 AM   #5406
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmo9 View Post
You obviously don’t drag race at all, that was the first production car , first time at the drag strip in the car only 4 passes and positive DA . There will be a 4-5 tenth difference in the cars if not more .
And frankly, why is there always some dumb excuse whenever a Mustang can't run a good time? "Oh it was the DA", "Oh no, there was a head wind", "oh if only it wasn't 80 degrees out it woulda been faster", "oh it was the driver's first time at a track", "oh the car wasn't broken in yet"...I swear you guys have more excuses up the ass than even the Ricers that troll here. Everything is some excuse why it didn't do this or how it couldv'e been better if only. That right there proves how finicky the Mustang is. It has to be pampered and needs every condition to run a decent time and if one thing gets throw off it loses almost half a second. Give me a break. We don't even know or ask what conditions the ZL1 or C8 was in when they ran 11.4 and 11.1 respectively. For all we know it could've been in the middle of July in 105 degree heat with 100% humidity and a 30 mph headwind. You guys have way too many damn excuses. It ran what it ran. Oh I forgot, "could", "if", "and"...
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 12:11 PM   #5407
bradmo9
Banned

Drives: ford f150
Just FYI I'm not s mustang fan boy. Lets try to put this in a term you can understand, IF the GT 500 had a fast list. 1 car would be on that list because that's the only production car that has ran on the track. I don't know for a fact but I'm sure the 10.9 for zl1 was after the top 20 list started. People are going to figure these cars out and they're going to go faster , how much faster who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
And frankly, why is there always some dumb excuse whenever a Mustang can't run a good time? "Oh it was the DA", "Oh no, there was a head wind", "oh if only it wasn't 80 degrees out it woulda been faster", "oh it was the driver's first time at a track", "oh the car wasn't broken in yet"...I swear you guys have more excuses up the ass than even the Ricers that troll here. Everything is some excuse why it didn't do this or how it couldv'e been better if only. That right there proves how finicky the Mustang is. It has to be pampered and needs every condition to run a decent time and if one thing gets throw off it loses almost half a second. Give me a break. We don't even know or ask what conditions the ZL1 or C8 was in when they ran 11.4 and 11.1 respectively. For all we know it could've been in the middle of July in 105 degree heat with 100% humidity and a 30 mph headwind. You guys have way too many damn excuses. It ran what it ran. Oh I forgot, "could", "if", "and"...
bradmo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 12:13 PM   #5408
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
What was your excuse?
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 12:18 PM   #5409
bradmo9
Banned

What if his time was the only zl1 that would had ran so far ….

We'd be looking at more than a second difference. LOL

I came this to this site cause I love the 18' ZL1 I think its the best all around car you can get for the $$ and I love the looks. But I'm realistic on what cars have potential of running.

Last edited by bradmo9; 12-18-2019 at 12:20 PM. Reason: add more
Old 12-18-2019, 12:19 PM   #5410
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
If I misunderstood you retort. My apologies. So lets just clarify where my comments come from. No one gave the GT500 a chance. You know that as well as I do. Mustangs compete with camaros. Always has. Not Corvettes. Especially not mid engine Corvettes. Some will spin it that since they are priced similarly. Everthing is far game and thats fine. When it started to look like the 500 was going to be trouble. Everyone wanted a Corvette match up. And suprise they got it. But the biggest suprise was MTs results. Of course a zo6 will one up a 500 in a year. How can ot not.
You don't have to apologize, but it is appreciated. Nothing here is personal, we have different views, and not only is that okay, but it makes things more interesting right? I am sure I have learned a thing or two from you as far as drag racing and knowledge you have over me.

Now. I will say that SOME didn't give the 500 a chance, but plenty actually did. My only real gripe only has ever been the price. Additionally, it has been shown in here multiple times that the Shelby Mustang was originally created to compete with the Corvette. I am happy to back down on that if you can set me straight, but Martin's word is more than good enough for me on that until I see otherwise. Additionally, I do not care what the advantages are or the differences are, when two sports cars are in the same price range, they absolutely should be compared to each other. These cars are all similar in price now, Camaro, Vette, GT500, Hellcat. It is 100% fair to compare them, because I would honestly cross shop any of them that have manuals. I do not need a back seat, but having it wouldn't hurt so they are all fair game to buyers like me.

I am not at all surprised with MTs results tbh. We have spoken about how hard it is to get traction on these high HP RWD cars, so I am not surprised the Vette beat the 500 in the 1/4 mile, or that the 500 beat the Vette on that track. I think we will see the results flip flop on both of these tests depending on tracks and drivers. The Vette will not always beat the 500 in the 1/4, and there are tighter tracks that we will see the Vette beat the 500. I am happy to see the base 500 perform like it did on track, but again, I am not surprised, I looked at the GT350 for what to expect and I think Ford delivered considering the extra weight up front.

I think the thing that gets forgotten when we compare cars with such passion(which I love btw), is that regardless of the results nothing really gets taken away from any of these cars.

The 500 is badass whether it beats the Vette or not, and likewise with the Vette and the Camaro and the Challenger tbh. My pointing out of the hypocrisy is because we all act the same way and say the same things, the brand is the only difference between us. We argue, but in reality, you and I have more in common with each other than I do with 90% of the people I see on a day to day. I know that because of the passion and love we share for cars and motor sports.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:19 PM   #5411
NW-99SS

Quote:
You obviously don’t drag race at all, that was the first production car , first time at the drag strip in the car only 4 passes and positive DA . There will be a 4-5 tenth difference in the cars if not more .
I re-watched the video and made some notes:

Speed Phenom (will use SP for this post) states there are "so many Mustang enthusiasts at this track".

Omar is a drag addict according to SP - who went along for first pass at the confirmed private track rental.

1st Pass - 10.968 @ 129...fantastic pass with a passenger - no helmets worn by either

2nd Pass, no Pass - 10.77 @131 - launch mode @ 2500rpm.

From here, we don't get to know if there are passes in between as SP doesn't state which pass number going forward, what we can see is the daylight disappearing between passes, but for the sake of discussion, I will only count passes on video.

3rd pass, Launch Control "Maxxed" @ 3200rpm - 10.728 no MPH given.

4th Pass - no time or mph given, plenty of tire pressure advice given by experienced attendees.

5th pass - Maxxed Launch RPM @ 3200rpm. Rear pressures @ 24 psi, Fronts @ 40 psi. Sun is completely down.

10.665 @ 132.96mph Happy to see this backup Evan Smith's pass which was also at a private rental event.

Track prep is unknown unless someone knows an attendee of either event. Most rentals have better track prep than full events - in my experience.

SP thanks "the entire team" for helping him drag race his car at this event - end of the video.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 12-18-2019, 12:25 PM   #5412
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
You don't have to apologize, but it is appreciated. Nothing here is personal, we have different views, and not only is that okay, but it makes things more interesting right? I am sure I have learned a thing or two from you as far as drag racing and knowledge you have over me.

Now. I will say that SOME didn't give the 500 a chance, but plenty actually did. My only real gripe only has ever been the price. Additionally, it has been shown in here multiple times that the Shelby Mustang was originally created to compete with the Corvette. I am happy to back down on that if you can set me straight, but Martin's word is more than good enough for me on that until I see otherwise. Additionally, I do not care what the advantages are or the differences are, when two sports cars are in the same price range, they absolutely should be compared to each other. These cars are all similar in price now, Camaro, Vette, GT500, Hellcat. It is 100% fair to compare them, because I would honestly cross shop any of them that have manuals. I do not need a back seat, but having it wouldn't hurt so they are all fair game to buyers like me.

I am not at all surprised with MTs results tbh. We have spoken about how hard it is to get traction on these high HP RWD cars, so I am not surprised the Vette beat the 500 in the 1/4 mile, or that the 500 beat the Vette on that track. I think we will see the results flip flop on both of these tests depending on tracks and drivers. The Vette will not always beat the 500 in the 1/4, and there are tighter tracks that we will see the Vette beat the 500. I am happy to see the base 500 perform like it did on track, but again, I am not surprised, I looked at the GT350 for what to expect and I think Ford delivered considering the extra weight up front.

I think the thing that gets forgotten when we compare cars with such passion(which I love btw), is that regardless of the results nothing really gets taken away from any of these cars.

The 500 is badass whether it beats the Vette or not, and likewise with the Vette and the Camaro and the Challenger tbh. My pointing out of the hypocrisy is because we all act the same way and say the same things, the brand is the only difference between us. We argue, but in reality, you and I have more in common with each other than I do with 90% of the people I see on a day to day. I know that because of the passion and love we share for cars and motor sports.
You guys need a like button like we have on m6.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 12:29 PM   #5413
bradmo9
Banned

Track was probably on point as like you said most rentals are, the DA of the run was +300. I'm waiting on someone to try to just footbrake one instead of using the launch control. I know it takes more than handful of passes to get the most out of a car MOST of the time.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:31 PM   #5414
TreedYou

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 2013 Mustang GT
Quote:
The GT500 is, potentially, the faster car. But..."could", "if", "and". Take away great track prep or DA or that specific version and the chances of "10.6" disappear. Meanwhile the Camaros and Corvettes never had those issues.
Quote:

Actually, you didn't read it correctly. At all.

How can I take this another way?
you literally said those problems don't apply to the camaro and corvette?
Please re-read your post, was it incorrect? you didn't mean that the camaro or corvette does not have traction problem and is not affected by DA?
TreedYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 12:33 PM   #5415
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
It was civil all weekend before the MT article came out lol
Didn't take long to get back off track lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
Track prep is unknown unless someone knows an attendee of either event. Most rentals have better track prep than full events - in my experience.

That is the big question. From my experience track prep at a rental/private event depends on a few things. I have had times where it's awesome and other times where it's worse than test n tune. If it's just a bunch of street cars they might put minimal effort into prepping the track. If there is a bunch of actual race cars on slicks there, then they will do the job right well and maybe even a little above and beyond. Is there an event that night or later in the day or is there an event tomorrow or was there an event yesterday.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 12:34 PM   #5416
NW-99SS

Quote:
Track was probably on point as like you said most rentals are, the DA of the run was +300. I'm waiting on someone to try to just footbrake one instead of using the launch control. I know it takes more than handful of passes to get the most out of a car MOST of the time.
Agree with you - MOST of the time.

I think we will certainly see a 10.5 in mineshaft air and massive prep. The launch control will beat foot braking in this car in my opinion. The DCT controls the clutches and slip percentages so well. This is evident in the 4th pass he doesn't post times for where he maxed out the Launch RPM but left the rear tires 30 psi. If you watch the driver POV, the RPM launches hard, then cuts back to around 4500 rpm to get traction. That 5th record pass was all squat and hook, with the same driver POV showing the RPM flash high and immediately climb.

A DR will certainly help, but I'm not sure you can foot brake a DCT car as there is no TC with a stall RPM.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 12-18-2019, 12:37 PM   #5417
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
You guys need a like button like we have on m6.
Wurd!
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 12:39 PM   #5418
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Didn't take long to get back off track lol
HAHAHA...it isnt that bad though. To be expected, we have at least two new members this week or so it appears that clearly signed on to just come in here but they are not "Mustang guys". We will see on that claim, but the fighting should be expected as that's clearly what they came here to do and you know us shaffe, we dont back down LOLOL.