Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 09-25-2015, 11:03 AM   #505
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Wait did he actually say this?

Yes he actually said that in a post. I think he is either a total BSer having fun messing with people or mentally ill and believes these things are actually happening.
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:04 AM   #506

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Wait did he actually say this?
Yes, but it's even worse....Aside from his inside team at the Ring (which magically came about several days after the latest videos), here's a sample of his so-called sources here in the U.S.....I'm amazed anyone takes any of his facts as reliable....His system of insider info is a complete farce, and his own ego-stroking fantasy...
...and a classic example of him talking to and about himself in the third person....

Originally Posted by thePill
Because these untrustworthy people are the same ones that gave me...

The wheelbase
The track increase
The dimensions in general
The CTS suspension info (longer links)
The brake info and warning
The MSRP targets for the V6, 1SS and 2SS (even though the 2SS busted)
The Cooling info and warning
The 200lbs number (although I didn't get specific details to what they meant and still don't)
The component weight losses and gains

...and many other things...

So, were these people incorrect?

Many times I was given THESE SPECIFIC TOPICS to discuss, almost like clockwork, about 15-30 days before the official press release.

Same thing with the Mustang...

I don't know who they are, where they work, if they are males or females, Ford or GM, Human or Alien... I really don't care...

I get pieces and use my education and experience to fill in the blanks...

Example:

thePill ask: Is the '16 Camaro using a 109.3 inch wheelbase?

Mr.X says: No, it's something WE used for the Camaro before.

thePill searches for other logical Camaro wheelbase options.

Nothing under 107 was feasible and I confirmed that elsewhere. I was looking at a 109.3 to be it BUT, I questioned the ATS track width.

thePill ask: With an ATS track??? (exact words if I remember)

Mr.X says: Are you not suspension expert??? (Literally)

So, thePill used what he knows of wheelbase and track ratios, the industry standard using some fine examples and Motorsport experience to determine that the ATS track would NOT BE USED.

So, thePill took his math (and a picture of a slim rear track Prototype Camaro, the helicopter spy pics?) to a few other "experts".

My initial estimation that the Camaro had a wider front track than rear was based solely on a picture. I said it had to be 65/62 FR/rr but, it was debunked, along with the ATS suspension in a few inquiries.

So, thePill told YOU HERE... the Camaro needed at least a 63 inch track. I also settled on 110.5 because of the SCCA GTS 110.5 Camaro there. I totally missed the 2006 Concept Camaro's 110.7

I returned to my "source" with the measurements and I got NO REPLY...

That means I'm correct...

However, with each piece I get closer to, I draw in bigger fish... Fish I think may be in jeopardy of losing their jobs anyway... and just want to watch GM burn...

Unfortunately, that is the truth...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:04 PM   #507
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Yes, but it's even worse....Aside from his inside team at the Ring (which magically came about several days after the latest videos), here's a sample of his so-called sources here in the U.S.....I'm amazed anyone takes any of his facts as reliable....His system of insider info is a complete farce, and his own ego-stroking fantasy...
...and a classic example of him talking to and about himself in the third person....

Originally Posted by thePill
Because these untrustworthy people are the same ones that gave me...

The wheelbase
The track increase
The dimensions in general
The CTS suspension info (longer links)
The brake info and warning
The MSRP targets for the V6, 1SS and 2SS (even though the 2SS busted)
The Cooling info and warning
The 200lbs number (although I didn't get specific details to what they meant and still don't)
The component weight losses and gains

...and many other things...

So, were these people incorrect?

Many times I was given THESE SPECIFIC TOPICS to discuss, almost like clockwork, about 15-30 days before the official press release.

Same thing with the Mustang...

I don't know who they are, where they work, if they are males or females, Ford or GM, Human or Alien... I really don't care...

I get pieces and use my education and experience to fill in the blanks...

Example:

thePill ask: Is the '16 Camaro using a 109.3 inch wheelbase?

Mr.X says: No, it's something WE used for the Camaro before.

thePill searches for other logical Camaro wheelbase options.

Nothing under 107 was feasible and I confirmed that elsewhere. I was looking at a 109.3 to be it BUT, I questioned the ATS track width.

thePill ask: With an ATS track??? (exact words if I remember)

Mr.X says: Are you not suspension expert??? (Literally)

So, thePill used what he knows of wheelbase and track ratios, the industry standard using some fine examples and Motorsport experience to determine that the ATS track would NOT BE USED.

So, thePill took his math (and a picture of a slim rear track Prototype Camaro, the helicopter spy pics?) to a few other "experts".

My initial estimation that the Camaro had a wider front track than rear was based solely on a picture. I said it had to be 65/62 FR/rr but, it was debunked, along with the ATS suspension in a few inquiries.

So, thePill told YOU HERE... the Camaro needed at least a 63 inch track. I also settled on 110.5 because of the SCCA GTS 110.5 Camaro there. I totally missed the 2006 Concept Camaro's 110.7

I returned to my "source" with the measurements and I got NO REPLY...

That means I'm correct...

However, with each piece I get closer to, I draw in bigger fish... Fish I think may be in jeopardy of losing their jobs anyway... and just want to watch GM burn...

Unfortunately, that is the truth...
That was when I finally realized that he is mentally out of it lol.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:08 PM   #508
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I'm being serious here, he may actually have some sort of mental condition. It might not be serious enough to affect his daily life or whatever but it really does sound like he needs to see a professional.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:09 PM   #509
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
I didn't see a Randy time for LS, but perhaps he can explain how the C6 ZO6 beats his precious GT350R but the C7 ZO6 won't

http://www.motortrend.com/features/l...06_laguna_lap/

1:34.3 - 2012 ZO6

Hey Phill, I busted you in exactly 3 mins on Google. Then there's that whole VIR lap time for the C7 ZO6 decimating the ATS-V, but somehow it's much slower at LS. Stop listening to those voices in your head and use Google. Much better than your "sources".
The reason for the time on the C7 Z06 was engine issues again.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:12 PM   #510
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Did yall think I was just smacktalking when I said he has some kind of psychological issues? I said this after reading very few posts. Sociopath.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:20 PM   #511
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
The reason for the time on the C7 Z06 was engine issues again.
Since when has engine (overheating issues I'm assuming) kept it from shattering track records? VIR, Willow Springs, Road Atlanta, etc...

Answer: Only in the delusional fanboy's mind

that's not directed at you btw, I know you are just trying to convey what he's saying

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:30 PM   #512
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
Did yall think I was just smacktalking when I said he has some kind of psychological issues? I said this after reading very few posts. Sociopath.
Sorry to doubt you. My experts were not responding to me on the topic after I used my vast psychological experience and analytical skills...that should have told me I was on to something. I prefer to deal in FACTS; silly me.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:37 PM   #513
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Sorry to doubt you. My experts were not responding to me on the topic after I used my vast psychological experience and analytical skills...that should have told me I was on to something. I prefer to deal in FACTS; silly me.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:37 PM   #514
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Since when has engine (overheating issues I'm assuming) kept it from shattering track records? VIR, Willow Springs, Road Atlanta, etc...

Answer: Only in the delusional fanboy's mind

that's not directed at you btw, I know you are just trying to convey what he's saying
Oh I agree. Everyone's aware of what the Z06 can do, but it still posted that time listed by thePill. GM reps said it was bad gas, but the article in question states all the cars were filled at the same place and the Z06 even had 10 gals of 101 octane put in to help.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:43 PM   #515
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Oh I agree. Everyone's aware of what the Z06 can do, but it still posted that time listed by thePill. GM reps said it was bad gas, but the article in question states all the cars were filled at the same place and the Z06 even had 10 gals of 101 octane put in to help.
I read something early but can't find it now. Seems they are now saying it didn't have the oil changed after 500 miles and that may have resulted in the issues. Bottom line, GM blew it big time on this one.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #516
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
I will take real world ET's done at a drag strip versus mag times anytime. The wine and cheese rags rarely run at a real drag strip and their ET's never seem to match the real world ET's. Consistency is always the key regardless of where you run. As for the C7 ZO6, there have been many bone stock A8 ZO6's in the high 10's on street tires.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:52 PM   #517
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
I will take real world ET's done at a drag strip versus mag times anytime. The wine and cheese rags rarely run at a real drag strip and their ET's never seem to match the real world ET's. Consistency is always the key regardless of where you run. As for the C7 ZO6, there have been many bone stock A8 ZO6's in the high 10's on street tires.
Yeah, but we are talking road course here. This is at least twice that GM has delivered a car to testers that had major performance issues. One was it came with bad alignment and now this one with "bad gas" or "need oil change earlier." It is disappointing it can end up right behind the 918 Spyder in one test then barely complete a lap in another.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:58 PM   #518
SuperSound

Quote:
Wow no need to comment on such ridiculous conspiracy talk. What article in what magazine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Let's be clear, I'm not saying cars can't run faster than the mags, most actually do routinely. But a comparison test is just that, a comparison. In those comparisons, none of the cars turn out time faster than people can do on the strip stock. GM's test times match most of those comparison results. Therefore to say the 6th gen manual will only run 12.5 because that's what GM put is as pointless to say a GT will not run faster than 12.8.