#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-25-2020, 12:15 PM   #477
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Why aren't you so concerned about 1700+ people dying from heart disease EVERY day?

And, why would I want to eat you or people like you? Or, is this the way you show "compassion and tolerance"?
"Tolerance," isn't the word you're looking for. People generally tolerate shitty behavior when there isn't much that can be done about it. That doesn't make the person any less shitty.

This also isn't an either-or situation. All people who require ICU care risk being SOL because of the lack of beds.

Last edited by kevint; 07-25-2020 at 12:29 PM.
kevint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 01:42 PM   #478
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
And exactly how many people have died because there are no beds? I can tell you. ZERO. ZIP. NADA. If there was even one incident like that we would of heard about it 24/7 for a month straight

So, let's stick with the science in all this morning instead of what could, or might happen.
Old 07-25-2020, 03:12 PM   #479
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
You have a 2x greater chance of dying from tripping and falling. Are you wearing a helmet?

Why aren't you so concerned about 1700+ people dying from heart disease EVERY day?

And, why would I want to eat you or people like you? Or, is this the way you show "compassion and tolerance"?
Unfortunately there's no vaccine for hitting your head but that has nothing to do with the topic anyway
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:12 PM   #480
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

There are helmets. When was the last time you, or anyone else, wore them to protect themselves from a tripping injury?
Old 07-25-2020, 08:28 PM   #481
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
And exactly how many people have died because there are no beds? I can tell you. ZERO. ZIP. NADA. If there was even one incident like that we would of heard about it 24/7 for a month straight

So, let's stick with the science in all this morning instead of what could, or might happen.
If morgue`s can keep getting refrigerated trailers then there will always be an open bed for the next victim, just hope they don`t run out of refrigerated trailers and space to park them.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 11:56 PM   #482
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/20...ot-tsr-vpx.cnn
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 10:21 AM   #483
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
"Doctors at a Texas hospital along the US-Mexico border may decide to send coronavirus patients "home to die by their loved ones"

Ok...

1) The key word is "may". That means it hasn't happened. It "may" happen. Interchange "could", or "might", and the science goes out the window....

2) Do you think that this would ACTUALLY happen? Seriously?

Or, do you think they'd air evac (or ambulance) an infected patient over to the next nearest hospital for treatment like they do in so many other rural hospitals without the staff, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation ?

Last edited by 95 imp; 07-26-2020 at 10:43 AM.
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 10:39 AM   #484
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
If morgue`s can keep getting refrigerated trailers then there will always be an open bed for the next victim, just hope they don`t run out of refrigerated trailers and space to park them.
Current Statistics:

Less than 1% of those infected require hospitalization.

Number of deaths from Covid in the US on 7/25 were 908
(That's the whole country)

Number of deaths on 7/24 in the US were 1141.

Average number of deaths from heart disease per day in the US is 1778
(That's 38 shy of DOUBLE the Covid deaths on 7/25)

Average number of deaths from cancer per day in the US is 1645

How many refrigerated trucks do we need DAILY for those 2 "disease groups"?
Old 07-26-2020, 11:31 AM   #485
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Current Statistics:

Less than 1% of those infected require hospitalization.

Number of deaths from Covid in the US on 7/25 were 908
(That's the whole country)

Number of deaths on 7/24 in the US were 1141.

Average number of deaths from heart disease per day in the US is 1778
(That's 38 shy of DOUBLE the Covid deaths on 7/25)

Average number of deaths from cancer per day in the US is 1645

How many refrigerated trucks do we need DAILY for those 2 "disease groups"?
Seems Arizona, Texas seem to think they have a need for refrigerated trailers! https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN24H3HK

You seem to have a problem thinking that Covid-19 isn`t that big of a problem. Here`s an idea for you sense it`s not deadly why don`t you go to a hospital Covid-19 ICU ward and kiss the patients on ventilators! How about a link citing those Covid statistics.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:51 AM   #486
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
"Doctors at a Texas hospital along the US-Mexico border may decide to send coronavirus patients "home to die by their loved ones"

Ok...

1) The key word is "may". That means it hasn't happened. It "may" happen. Interchange "could", or "might", and the science goes out the window....

2) Do you think that this would ACTUALLY happen? Seriously?

Or, do you think they'd air evac (or ambulance) an infected patient over to the next nearest hospital for treatment like they do in so many other rural hospitals without the staff, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation ?
We're at an impasse then, because you're refusing the possibility of my "mays," and asking me to accept yours. I'm not going to play like that. Statistics only work well when describing past data sets and become less effective at predicting future ones; hence confidence intervals and the conclusions "reject," and "fail to reject."

Last edited by kevint; 07-26-2020 at 01:29 PM.
kevint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 01:53 PM   #487
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint View Post
We're at an impasse then, because you're refusing the possibility of my "mays," and asking me to accept yours. I'm not going to play like that. Statistics only work well when describing past data sets and become less effective at predicting future ones; hence confidence intervals and the conclusions "reject," and "fail to reject."
We use past data to see trends and predict the future. Business, governments, weather forecasting, military, and anyone else looks to statistics to predict the future.

I think we are at an impasse...
You prefer your "may", "could", and "might" because the statistics are not aligned with your beliefs and you need a way to justify it.

Also, I am not asking you to accept anything. This is the science. These are the numbers. If anything, they are conservative.

There isn't room for "may" in science. It's black and white.
This is what I'm being told:

Today, all the planes "may" fall out of the sky.

I'd reply, "Statistically, it is highly improbable because, historically, that has never happened before."

But, you say, I said it "could" happen.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:06 PM   #488
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
Seems Arizona, Texas seem to think they have a need for refrigerated trailers! https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN24H3HK

You seem to have a problem thinking that Covid-19 isn`t that big of a problem. Here`s an idea for you sense it`s not deadly why don`t you go to a hospital Covid-19 ICU ward and kiss the patients on ventilators! How about a link citing those Covid statistics.
Well, I live in AZ and walk around all day, every day, without a mask.

That being said, statistically, I have a 99.8% chance of surviving here.
(The infected to death rate here is about .2%)

A total of 3305 people have died from Covid in AZ since day 1.
144 yesterday.

To put that in perspective, 3305 is less than 1 day of death of the national cancer and heart disease deaths combined.

Remember, 99+% of people worldwide have mild to no symptoms. I could kiss everyone of them and odds are I might have something similar to the flu or experience nothing at all.

If they want to order trailers, let them. Chances are they will never be used.

Oh, and BTW, the death rate has dropped again.... It's now at .34%
Old 07-26-2020, 03:25 PM   #489
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
the death rate is dropping because 96% of the people that will die from this disease are living in fear and isolation, locked up in their homes while their loved ones are maintaining distances to avoid possible infection. these people will have to keep living like this until all the idiots that have the "odds are in my favour" attitude smarten up and stop spreading the virus around.

since it's not happening to you or anyone you know, screw it right?
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 04:52 PM   #490
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletalk View Post
the death rate is dropping because 96% of the people that will die from this disease are living in fear and isolation, locked up in their homes while their loved ones are maintaining distances to avoid possible infection. these people will have to keep living like this until all the idiots that have the "odds are in my favour" attitude smarten up and stop spreading the virus around.

since it's not happening to you or anyone you know, screw it right?
Do you seriously plan to wear a mask for the rest of your life?

99.6%+ of the infected people recover. (And that number continues to go up)

The "96%" (wherever that number came from....) "live in fear" because the media stirs up fear and panic then everyone feeds off it. If you are susceptible to pneumonia than you should take precautions. If you have pre-existing conditions that would be aggravated by the flu you should take precautions.
Other than that, if you contract the virus, you have "flu like" symptoms IF you have anything at all.

Further, even with a vaccine, 61,000 died from the flu in the US during the 2017-2018.

Here is a new flu-like virus and we are at 149K. Not great numbers, but definitely not the millions they said it would be.

Also, everyone will eventually get this. No matter how careful you are you will get it. It's similar to the flu in transmission and symptoms.