Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-30-2019, 08:44 PM   #4775
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
These Mustang guys are something else. I've never seen a bunch quite like them. I went over to 6G to see if there is anything new on the GT500 and now a few of them are attacking Randy Pobst. Lol.
Had to go over and take a look. Turns out that the worst ones are guys who’s posts i typically skim past anyway. And a couple of them are even a bit more negative than normal because of the Mustang Mach E. So now Randy is GM-biased. OK. Next topic. Oh, wait...the same guys already have next topic. It’s the YouTube kid who took delivery of his GT500 the day after Thanksgiving, even though they are bigger Mustang enthusiasts. 10 pages and counting. ***sigh***.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:32 PM   #4776
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
What's the problem with Randy? lol
He likes the Alpha Camaro and bought a turbo 4 1LE. I guess that makes him a major fanboy and so biased he can't pick a Mustang over a Camaro. They even claim he would sandbag the GT500, if it ends up being faster than the ZL1.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:09 PM   #4777
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Had to go over and take a look. Turns out that the worst ones are guys who’s posts i typically skim past anyway. And a couple of them are even a bit more negative than normal because of the Mustang Mach E. So now Randy is GM-biased. OK. Next topic. Oh, wait...the same guys already have next topic. It’s the YouTube kid who took delivery of his GT500 the day after Thanksgiving, even though they are bigger Mustang enthusiasts. 10 pages and counting. ***sigh***.
Lol at Randy being GM biased.. he has praised the gt350 and other Fords when it's due... not sure what their gripe is but realistically, gm has built many track capable cars over the years compared to Fords handful, and their typically well balanced, ofcourse you're going to find Randy praising a lot of GM vehicles of the years.. recently ct's, at's, ss's, camaro's, and vette's, vs mustang's, ford GT, and maybe the focus rs.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:10 PM   #4778
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
He likes the Alpha Camaro and bought a turbo 4 1LE. I guess that makes him a major fanboy and so biased he can't pick a Mustang over a Camaro. They even claim he would sandbag the GT500, if it ends up being faster than the ZL1.
Delusional at it's finest.... that's cool that he has a turbo 2.0 1le, I know he was a big fan of the ss 1le during BDC 17.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:34 AM   #4779
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
These Mustang guys are something else. I've never seen a bunch quite like them. I went over to 6G to see if there is anything new on the GT500 and now a few of them are attacking Randy Pobst. Lol.
So their thought process is, if the Mustang loses then it was unfair and biased. LOL!! The difference is that we here accepted it when they chose the Mustang as the subjective better car than the Camaro even tho the ZL1 beat the GT350R soundly in every performance category. Hey, if someone likes the Mustang better and gives it a win that doesn't change the fact that it was slower. But now they're afraid that someone probably prefers the Camaro (in their delusional brains) and they can't handle it. Gotta love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
I'm new to the whole camaro vs mustang battle. Really seems like the Ford guys are insecure. I actually pull for all 3 of the big American brands. I'm just seeing GM commiting more to the laptimes battle which is where I have the most fun.
GM spends their time developing cars that can do everything very well. Pretty soon they'll be pumping out cars that can beat everything at everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Goodbye. Have a great weekend.
I really wish you had said "bye Felicia". LOL!! I find it funny how he made his exit very fast after his buddy got banned. Like he saw that he might be next so he took his leave and fled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I also think the non handling pack base gt500 with have a hard time keeping traction and might have it's hands full with the regular zl1 on a tight road course, handling pack base will be better suited though that'll add cost.
I agree. The Base GT500 is not going to beat the standard ZL1 around a track. The only way any ZL1 is going to lose around a track is if it's the standard ZL1 against the CF GT500 in which case there is a $30K+ price difference.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:16 AM   #4780
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Quote:

Randy Pobst is a professional track driver and always has been very impartial with his comments. On prior MT lap times he has spoken highly about the 6th gen Camaros and also about the Shelbys GT350s that he has tested.

And also I noticed that the Mustang6g.com moderator is not impartial. He never allows any negative comments toward Mustangs on his forum, he just don't allow them to be published.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 08:50 AM   #4781
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
So their thought process is, if the Mustang loses then it was unfair and biased. LOL!! The difference is that we here accepted it when they chose the Mustang as the subjective better car than the Camaro even tho the ZL1 beat the GT350R soundly in every performance category. Hey, if someone likes the Mustang better and gives it a win that doesn't change the fact that it was slower. But now they're afraid that someone probably prefers the Camaro (in their delusional brains) and they can't handle it. Gotta love it.
Wouldn’t it be cool for the GT500 H2H match to be on Big Willow ...like the ZL1/GT350 one? Eliminate a variable by making it the same as the earlier H2H.

I’d also like to see them run the GT500, GT500 CFTP, ZL1 and ZL1 1LE so we can see how the two base cars compare to the track cars. Is power alone a difference maker (like the M6G claimed in the earlier H2H)?

Quote:
GM spends their time developing cars that can do everything very well. Pretty soon they'll be pumping out cars that can beat everything at everything.
Yep. That is GM’s philosophy. And they bring performance to market at an affordable price.

Quote:
I really wish you had said "bye Felicia". LOL!! I find it funny how he made his exit very fast after his buddy got banned. Like he saw that he might be next so he took his leave and fled.
He’s a big mouth internet tough guy that is obsessed with you ...and me. He isn’t accustom to dissenting opinions in his M6G bubble.

I’m most amused by what he attributes as my having said. I think he has mini strokes and blackouts. He’s all mixed up.

Quote:
I agree. The Base GT500 is not going to beat the standard ZL1 around a track. The only way any ZL1 is going to lose around a track is if it's the standard ZL1 against the CF GT500 in which case there is a $30K+ price difference.
Honestly ...I think the base GT500 won’t be a complete performance package. Ford’s mode of operation is to have one car that can do (GT*, GT350R) and a similar model that lives vicariously through the other (GT, PP1, PP2, Bullit, GT350) but can’t quite carry the water.

The GT500s should sweep the ZL1s. Ball is in Ford’s court.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 12-01-2019 at 10:18 AM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:14 AM   #4782
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
I'm seeing comments on mustang6g about "hurt feelings". Couldn't a ZL1/ZLE owner just go trade in for a GT500 if the performance gap is going to be that high? Seems like we all win if the GT500 destroyed everything at everything. Why would feelings be hurt? I'm instead thinking "great, now I have even more options".

Hoping I'm wrong, but it seems like Ford is usually one generation behind in all the factors that contribute to a fast laptime. They've got the straight line stuff pretty nailed though.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:14 PM   #4783
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
I'm seeing comments on mustang6g about "hurt feelings". Couldn't a ZL1/ZLE owner just go trade in for a GT500 if the performance gap is going to be that high? Seems like we all win if the GT500 destroyed everything at everything. Why would feelings be hurt? I'm instead thinking "great, now I have even more options".

Hoping I'm wrong, but it seems like Ford is usually one generation behind in all the factors that contribute to a fast laptime. They've got the straight line stuff pretty nailed though.
Most people on that forum dont have common sense. And the Ford fanboys are desperate for a win of some kind since the 350 has been shredded in every performance test vs the ZL1 except "I just like the slower Mustang more".
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:27 PM   #4784
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Hmmm, let's see. A GT500 for $74K MSRP that you won't be able to buy without a markup or...

Old 12-01-2019, 02:32 PM   #4785
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

For $54,995 I would get a bare bones GT with this setup and the A10 trans. I'd then do some suspension mods because, let's face it, it would need a full suspension workover to handle that kind of power. End of the day I could probably be completely set in one for a total of around $65K - $75K. Maybe a little more if I opted for the Premium. PP1 and PP2 would be a waste of money because it would need the entire suspension done anyway. At $65K to $70K that puts you in fully loaded Hellcat and ZL1 price territory. And pretty much all you'd have over them is HP.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:39 PM   #4786
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Redeyes are shooting up there in price. Now they can be optioned to cost over $100K. Yet our lowly ZL1s and even ZLEs that nobody wants to buy can be had for under $70K. LOL!! Without any discount or rebate the highest I have seen a ZLE was around $73K. So how and why is the competition getting THIS expensive?

https://www.torquenews.com/106/2020-...D_PJApNj1lOvnU
Old 12-01-2019, 03:20 PM   #4787
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

Oh no....

I’m still reeling from all those sub 11.8 second GTs, PP2 non-track cars and the legendary, $49,995, GT350s (“the most track-ready Mustang of all time”)
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:04 PM   #4788
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:

I sure would hate to lose my access to the premier bench racer on the interwebs. Your real life racin skills, basically suck! But on this forum. We all bow to your legendary posturing. And pretend race knowledge. Just incase you're wondering why they don't ban me. Sometimes a guy that does more than talk the talk. Adds a different perspective to your magazine stats. Now you can say bye felicia.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote