Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 05-15-2018, 12:06 PM   #435
H(.)(.)ters

Drives: 2SS - Black
I’m happy to wait for a worry-free product. I will be frustrated if I have to play the return and exchange game.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:13 PM   #436
DarthSidious

Drives: 2016 2SS
It sucks having to wait for things and sucks even more having to wait for replacements, but you guys are doing right by everyone in honoring the replacements and updating your clients as well as updating your product.
Aside from the issues with the uprights the wing itself looks great.
Looking forward to my updated wing thanks for keeping us in the loop!
Old 05-15-2018, 02:06 PM   #437
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7 Carbon View Post
So here is a project update for everyone:

Thank you again for everyone who helped us design and create this spoiler for the Camaro. After sending out our initial batch of spoilers we had several customers who contacted us and gave us real world feedback of issues they encountered during installation of our spoiler. We take all feedback good or bad and thoroughly check what we can do to make our product better for our customers. The following feedback is what the first batch of customers told us:

Product Revisions to date and changes made:

Revision 1. Originally we had aluminum plates inside the bases that you had to screw up into to attach the spoiler onto the car.
- Customers mentioned that this was really hard for them to get the screw into the bases and asked if we could include a stud.

Revision 2. After changing the bases over to a stud design, several customers reported that the epoxy that holds the studs into place inside the base unlocked and let the bolt turn inside the base (One customer reported that the bolt broke free)

5-10-18
Revision 3. We confirmed at our factory that if you did put enough pressure onto the bolt while tightening in deed you could break the bolt free. Once this was confirmed we found a replacement stud from Mcmaster that has a large pan surface that allows for an even stronger bond. After testing this new stud we found that this solved the issues.

Revision 3.5 Customers had contacted us and asked for the bases to be in satin black to better match the factory upright colors.

** So currently guys who are waiting for a replacement spoiler or yet to receive their spoiler this last revision is the reason why its taken a bit longer. We had to discard all the packaged bases and build new bases with the revised studs.

** The good news is we have about 15 wings that are just waiting for the bases at this point.

We try to be as transparent as we can with any project and we hope you understand we want to ship everyone's spoiler asap, but we also want to give everyone in this great community an amazing product. We apologize about this unforeseen delay but we are working as hard as possible to get back on track. We will post some pictures shortly of some pending revised spoilers
Thank you for the improvements, but I for one definitely do not want my high uprights in satin black. Please make sure mine are coming gloss black or if you want to be extra awesome and make up for the extended delays, please paint my high uprights Carbon Flash Metallic. I am Order number 9460. I will follow this up with an email and a PM as satin black will not match anything on my car and that is not what I ordered. Thanks
Old 05-15-2018, 10:32 PM   #438
C7 Carbon

Drives: Camaro
Thank you for your understanding everyone, we greatly appreciate it!
We are currently full steam ahead with these wings and doing our best to complete each order as soon as possible

Old 05-16-2018, 07:26 PM   #439
C7 Carbon

PMs replied

Last edited by C7 Carbon; 05-17-2018 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:51 AM   #440
C7 Carbon

Thanks again for your orders, we greatly appreciate your business!
Old 05-17-2018, 01:14 PM   #441
BJCO23

Drives: 2016 2SS Manual Convertible
Anyone interested in C7 making a plug and play version for the convertibles out there? If so, please express your interest. I for one, am interested.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:41 AM   #442
C7 Carbon

PMs replied
Old 05-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #443
dannykao

Drives: 2016 1SS
I like to share my experience here FWIW.

I inquired about the wing in October last year and got on the waiting list since 1st week of November. I wanted the tall version to match the stock ZL1/1LE height, and received my wing on May 9th. Just over 6 months.

The spoiler itself is very nice. I like the quality and finish of the wing for sure. The packaging is good, but there is no instruction to include in the package, which I thought was no big deal at the start. After a couple of minutes of fiddle around with it, it's not as obvious as it seems to be and instructions would be nice.

I do autocross, trackcross and track days with my car as well as occasional driving to work. I cut my my front hood for the hood vent and cut up my fenders to fit 335/18 tires on 18x12s, so the "not fitting perfectly" is not much of a concern to me unlike most.

My car is a 16 1SS, and I fitted an 1LE spoiler and blade prior to some holes were drilled. I covered it with plastic plugs.

During installation, the gap between the bolts on the posts were a little too close to each other, and it doesn't fit in the factory holes perfectly. No big deal to me, I enlarged the holes a little and touched up with some paint. It's completely covered anyway. It would be nice if the gap is perfect though.

The most difficult part of the install was to secure the posts to the wing. And you have to 100% secure the posts to the wing first then install the entire assembly to the trunk. It came with 2 bolts with hex cap, and 4 bolts with Philips head and various length. This is when the guessing game started. I had a tough time getting the Philips head bolt to secure through the post and connect to the wing. (And you will need a super long Philips #2 screw driver) As I secure it more and more, the bolt will enter at an angle which made it impossible to:

1. Put the other bolt in;
2. The Philips bolt is no longer line up straight to secure it with a Philips screwdriver.

I ended up use a larger drill bit to enlarge the holes to the post, this gave me a little more angle to work with to deal with angled Philips bolt. I started screw in the Philips bolt a little first, then get the hex head bolt started half way, then very patiently apply pressure to get the Philips bolt installed first before finishing the hex head bolt. It took me about an hour to figure out how to mount one of the post. The other two post took me 30 minutes total.

Once it's done and mounted on the car, all the hassles were forgotten. The wing looks awesome, and everyone saw the wing on the car liked it. I now have a ZL1/1LE "rip-off" that is a lot cheaper than the real thing, and faster than them at the autocrosses. A little hassle with the fit and finish, but at the end it's worth the effort to me.

Hope C7carbon get the posts problem sorted out to make install easier and smoother. For the end result and the price, it's still hard to beat. I like it.

Last edited by dannykao; 05-22-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:25 PM   #444
C7 Carbon

Thank you so much for your feedback and for kindly sharing those awesome pics, we greatly appreciate it and your Camaro looks amazing!

For further reference, the illustrated basic guidelines for the ZL1 1LE style rear wing installation can be downloaded from the following link:
https://www.c7carbon.com/download.php?pID=671

Let us know how we can help
Old 05-23-2018, 06:28 PM   #445
11bravoss

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Did you have your batch of tall uprights go out this week? I was told mine would be shipping this week.

Last edited by 11bravoss; 05-23-2018 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:33 AM   #446
C7 Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bravoss View Post
Did you have your batch of tall uprights go out this week? I was told mine would be shipping this week.
It should be if one of our reps said it was going out.. Do you have a order # so I can check it out?
Old 05-25-2018, 10:35 AM   #447
C7 Carbon

Quite a few more wings shipped out from the factory, so lets see some more pictures
Old 05-25-2018, 11:29 AM   #448
H(.)(.)ters

Drives: 2SS - Black
Mine is on the way!

Closed Thread