Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 12-19-2017, 10:35 AM   #421
TEEZYSS

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
so you're saying Ford sent a ringer now? ThePill did you switch teams? LoL
I'm saying that if you cant see what's right in front of you then your just being brand loyal. It wouldn't be hard for Ford to tweak the car a little before sending it. I'm sure other manufactures have done similar things. People are so bent on brand loyalty they will buy anything. I have owned 8 mustangs and 4 Camaros. I call it as I see it
GFORCE DRIVESHAFT,LME 174 T-STAT,ATI UDP up next...
TEEZYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:47 AM   #422
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Camaro6 right now...

SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:09 AM   #423
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Yeah, but I am 100% certain you will disappear off this forum once your '18 A10 arrives and you cant duplicate these runs. LOL
You guys need to step back and listen to yourselves. I made that exact point in Fraxums thread last year and got crucified. I also got taught the definition of "capable". Just like in every forum. With the exception of one or two guys that race with regularity. Neither car will sniff an 11 second anything! Hell you have ZL1 drivers in this thread that cant get within a half second of magazine times. It took me a little while to see enough Camaros at the track. Before I would admit they were capable cars. Judging by their trap speeds. Not because I've ever seen an 11 second stock Camaro. The 18 Mustang is trapping 119. You seriously don't believe it's as fast as your Camaros that trap roughly the same. Maybe a little lower on average? Were really going with ford supplied ringers as our go to line? Come on? ecoclown ran a 12.1@119 on his second try at the track. Did he get a ringer also? A ringer would have been letting me drive his car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing the private owner cars. This is a controlled introduction to speed shops, pro drivers and youtube bloggers. Limited availability (?) yet none of the typical straight publications have been allowed to post results.
Remind me what the best time a Camaro has run in a major publication again? I'm going out on a limb and bet it sure the hell isn't 11.7???
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:58 AM   #424
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
So I think we can all just agree on this:

Evan Smith can drive and has gotten the best out of lots of cars.

The 18 GT with 10 Speed can move, yes like many of you I want to see more owners run their cars. I want to see what the magazines get out of them, I want more results.

Straightline seems Ford has caught up, still remains to be seen in the curves, but I think majority of us agree Camaro will hold the advantage there.

Did I miss anything lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #425
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Camaro6 right now...

lol.

Well maybe that could be said for about five members on this forum.

Meanwhile, there are those same types of member on the "other" forum that are doing this b/c now the Mustang actually runs similar times to the Camaro:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
So I think we can all just agree on this:

Evan Smith can drive and has gotten the best out of lots of cars.

The 18 GT with 10 Speed can move, yes like many of you I want to see more owners run their cars. I want to see what the magazines get out of them, I want more results.

Straightline seems Ford has caught up, still remains to be seen in the curves, but I think majority of us agree Camaro will hold the advantage there.

Did I miss anything lol
Nope.

Here's the news headline:

"Camaro is fast. Mustang is fast now too"
Old 12-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #426
SpeedIsLife

I just find it funny how history is repeating itself.

In 2009 (2010 MY) the Camaro was so completely superior to the Mustang and Challenger it wasn't even funny.

In 2010 (2011 MY) the Mustang shot back with the Coyote combo and the reaction on Camaro5 was exactly the same as it was here.

"Obviously ringers"
"That won't be duplicated"
"They're hiding things"
"It's a drivers race"

Etc etc

The wheel turns, nothing is ever new.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:35 PM   #427
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Remind me what the best time a Camaro has run in a major publication again? I'm going out on a limb and bet it sure the hell isn't 11.7???
The point flew right by you. The SS was released to publications and customer simultaneously. Chevy didn't do a fluffed up roll out through speed shops, youtube bloggers and pro drivers.

Danica Patrick Surprises Customer with 2016 Camaro
Nov 7, 2015

2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS vs. 2016 Ford Mustang GT ... - Motor Trend
Nov 22, 2015

2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS vs 2016 Ford Mustang GT - Road & Track
Oct 16, 2015

2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS Automatic Test – Review – Car and Driver
October 2015</SPAN>

2016 Camaro SS First Drive - Hot Rod
Oct 15, 2015

2016 Chevrolet Camaro Review - Automobile Magazine
Oct 15, 2015

These hero times mean nothing to me so arguing over who's is a 100th of a second better is pointless. The cars appear to be ~even. It would be nice to see what the car will really do now.

You all sooo badly want a controversy that you invent and troll for one. You caught up.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:44 PM   #428
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Like I said before...it's like a 21 year old graduating. Congrats and all but...shouldn't you have done this 3 years ago?

I think the problem is that this is the first time these cars have gone straight to shops and pro-tuners and such...and straight to the track right after getting in the hands of these people. In the past we have always seen the magazine tests first before seeing individual owner runs. So the mags typically run a bit slower than most hero runs. I think it is because magazines are testing this car in actual driving conditions as they are bought off the floor. Individuals get these cars and start doing this and doing that and are testing them in conditions that they would never be driven in. So the mags get a 12.5 for example, some heros do a 12.1, some others do 12.7-13 flat, and we all see how fast a car is. But now the tuners and shops got their hands on it and right off the bat started taking them out before anyone else could get an accurate picture of what they can do. So when the magazines do a mid 12, people will cry foul when the hero runs are to blame.

I again think Ford had something to do with this and got the cars into the hands of the tuners and shops for them to do the advertising for Ford. Sending in ringers is another story...but it is possible. Ford can tune their cars and can send in an abnormal GT for these guys to make exceptional runs. Because to me it will not make sense how this guy got an 11.8 bone stock while other pro-level shops managed only a 12.2 with DRs. And again, this was all around the same time of year and all the runs were in great DA. But that's another argument. I think Ford built up soo much hype with this car making people wait for months just to announce the performance specs when every other manufacturer out there announces their specs much much sooner...and they def don't want it getting into some moron's hands who doesn't know what he is doing and can't make a decent pass. So get the car out to the pros first. Smart tactic really. But again, the magazine tests will show what these cars will average around. 11.8, 12 flat, 12.2, regardless, I think we'll see a mid 12 in the tests and some owners will be in the upper 12s. And I think the SS will still be faster.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:57 PM   #429
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
... I think we'll see a mid 12 in the tests and some owners will be in the upper 12s. And I think the SS will still be faster.
Of course I'm a Camaro fan, but on this one I'm calling the Mustang as even, and likely 1 or 2 mph faster in the 1/4.

I'm calling it now. 2018 Mustang magazine tests will put it in the 12.2 - 12.4 range at 116 - 118. Essentially dead tied with the Camaro, but a slightly better top end. This is what the magazines will talk about...that top end, while in the Camaro, they will talk about that low end punch.

The only question remaining is in the handling department, and its here that I think the Camaro will retain the slight edge.

The difference maker in the new Stang is that 10 speed. Not the updated engine.

In 2019 the Camaro will get the 10 speed, and with it will gain 1 or 2 tenths in the quarter and 1 or 2 mph. I'm highly doubtful of a power bump....don't see that one happening.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:03 PM   #430
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Of course I'm a Camaro fan, but on this one I'm calling the Mustang as even, and likely 1 or 2 mph faster in the 1/4.

I'm calling it now. 2018 Mustang magazine tests will put it in the 12.2 - 12.4 range at 116 - 118. Essentially dead tied with the Camaro, but a slightly better top end. This is what the magazines will talk about...that top end, while in the Camaro, they will talk about that low end punch.

The only question remaining is in the handling department, and its here that I think the Camaro will retain the slight edge.

The difference maker in the new Stang is that 10 speed. Not the updated engine.

In 2019 the Camaro will get the 10 speed, and with it will gain 1 or 2 tenths in the quarter and 1 or 2 mph. I'm highly doubtful of a power bump....don't see that one happening.
Yeah..if the 6th Gen follows the 5th Gen pattern..you'll see some equipment refreshes, appearances, etc..but no extra power.

The 10 speed is a given, like you said, but just as GM stubbornly refused to update the L99 in the 5th Gen, even after it was obvious the 5.0 was superior to it and kept the Gen 5 locked in the low 13/high 12 stock range..
Old 12-19-2017, 01:06 PM   #431
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
so you're saying Ford sent a ringer now? ThePill did you switch teams? LoL
It's not impossible.

Think about the M6 ZL1 for example. It has an issue of bogging at launch due to Torque Managment. It's significantly more pronounced than on the A10.

Imagine if GM tuned it to the Drag Pak setup they're getting ready to offer, which removed some of the massive TM and all of a sudden...no bog..

Now, it runs say a 11.0-1 at the track... wouldn't you be questioning that?
Old 12-19-2017, 01:44 PM   #432
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
One thing that bothers me about what we call stock, is removing stuff is okay. To me once you have to get the tools out the car is no longer stock. Low gas level, low washer fluid level, car mats out, all OK to me. We kid ourselves, just saying.
Agreed.

Stock is how it "could" have come off the showroom floor. 1/4 tank of fuel and lower tire pressure...no problem. As soon as you switch to a different brand of tire or unbolting items...it's again no longer stock.
SSfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:54 PM   #433
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
lol.

Well maybe that could be said for about five members on this forum.

Meanwhile, there are those same types of member on the "other" forum that are doing this b/c now the Mustang actually runs similar times to the Camaro:

Nope.

Here's the news headline:

"Camaro is fast. Mustang is fast now too"
According to the camaro fanboys, the mustang can only be considered as slow. So they're both slow now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2017, 01:57 PM   #434
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
It's not impossible.

Think about the M6 ZL1 for example. It has an issue of bogging at launch due to Torque Managment. It's significantly more pronounced than on the A10.

Imagine if GM tuned it to the Drag Pak setup they're getting ready to offer, which removed some of the massive TM and all of a sudden...no bog..

Now, it runs say a 11.0-1 at the track... wouldn't you be questioning that?
apples to oranges. you're using a car with known issues that are causing it to under perform by a large margin and comparing it to a car that has a delta of .16 between its 1st ever outing at a dragstrip and its new "hero time"... ironic considering its 12.00 was its "hero time" just last week. how anyone can call BS on a car going 11.84 when every other car has gone 12.30 or better so far is beyond me.

give it time...there will be some -2500da cecil passes coming sooner or later. then the real heroes will emerge
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote